Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

I really enjoyed my 6 nights here. The reception and travel desk were always there to help out guests. The bar was a great place to chat with other travelers. It was also a popular spot for expat English teachers to meet up. The dormitories were excellent; very clean and had many places to keep your things locked up. They had separate bathroom and shower rooms in each room, and others down the hallway if you don't want to wake everybody up.

Very nice triple room on a patio for a fair price. Lovely little garden and warm welcoming ! Will stay there for our next time in chengdu !

Very cool property, with many areas for hanging out, eating, drinking, etc. Games available In common areas. Rooms were comfortable, but a bit worn, and could use more thorough cleaning. The staff were All top notch. They were friendly and always very, very helpful. The map provided was also great, as it showed all useful bus routes, and how to access them from the hostel. Good food at the restaurant, and fair prices. Strongly recommend staying here.

a very well-run hostel, with a lift which came in very useful for the forth floor dorm i stayed in. very clean, with ensuite bathroom. tour desk is very professional, and there is a big notice board outside at the entrance to the hostel with lots of useful information about tours in and around chengdu, including szechuan province. a little far from the metro, and close to a long distance bus station teeming with out-of-towners.

A great place to stay in a lively city. Easy access to local sites via local buses. Staff are exceptionally helpful and knowledgeable about the city, its restaurants and places to visit. Organised excursions represent very good value.

Hi, Thank you so much for your reviews. It's great that you had a good time in our hostel, and we hope to see you again. Wish you a nice journey in China!

Junky a quick overnighter here for me but I was impressed with what I saw. Friendly and helpful staff and nice dorms too. They organise plenty of trips for things like panda viewing ie the main attraction in Chengdu in my opinion. A nice common area, good wifi throughout.

Really nice staff very helpful easy to talk to good location easy to get every where though careful on the buses

• 3rd Mar 2013
  • itchi

Best place to stay in Chengdu! Just great!

Hi, Thank you so much for your reviews. We hope you have a wonderful journey in China. All the best !

Sims is one of the best hostels I have stayed in. I have traveled all over China.

Hi. Thank you so much for your reviews. It's great for us to know that you had a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you next time. Wish you a wonderful journey in China!

It has all you can need in a hostel and more. It is the most comfortable and equiped I've ever been to. The only downside is the location (it is not the best but it is well communicated and is easy to find). On the other hand the staff speaks perfect english and is he kindest ever, if you have any problem they'll help you solve it.

Excellent stay! I've been in many Hostels all over the world and this is by far the best hostel I stayed in! would recommend it to anyone anytime of the year! I stayed over spring festival when most hostels in china will be skimping on staff and activities, but sim's wasn't like this at all! great and friendly staff, an amazing atmosphere, and plenty of activities.

Hi Andrew, Thank you so much for your reviews. We are glad that you had a good time in our hostel. Hope to see you next time. Wish you a woderful journey in China!

we really enjoyed staying at this hostel. it has such a cute little garden area, the bar and restuarant was under construction at the time but looked really cute from what we saw of it. nice relaxing atmosphere. The staff were all really friendly and really helpful and made our stay pleasant and easy :) thanks guys

Staff was very helpful with directions to/from various sites. The one employee went beyond helpful by mailing an item I left on the registration table so he deserves a special kudos! Thank you! I hope to visit again after the remodeling is finished and the weather is warmer!

• 29th Jan 2013

The staff was very knowleable and helpful. I felt very safe at this location. The food tasted good . Overall a great experience.

• 25th Jan 2013

The hostel was good and full of character, and the staff were helpful. However, when I was there, the bar area was undergoing major renovations and was rather cold and unwelcoming. The outside areas of the hostel would be very good when it is full of people and when the weather is good, but in January these were dark, deserted and cold, and not pleasant.

Always a pleasure. Staff are friendly, beds are comfortable, great bar with good choice of food and drink, easy access to various forms of transport to the centre of town. I always stay here when I'm in Chengdu.

Sim's is the best hostel we have stayed in! The staff are very helpful and friendly, they did so much to help us. They were refurbishing the restaurant and bar when we stayed but this did not really affect our stay. The food is great and they have a great DVD collection! The location is not central but is great for getting to the north train station and also easy on the bus to the main bus station. And the bus links are good.

Terrific hostel. Every part of our stay at the hostel went smooth. Personel at the hostel spoke some of the best english we have encountered during our trip through China. One minus though, even tho there was non-smoking areas, both personnel and gusts occasionally smoked at in the bar.

• 17th Jan 2013
  • Sweden

Most of staffs can speak English,it's special in China.Their hospitality is very warm. Facilities are PERFECT.Bar,bicycle,free Wi-Fi,DVD,books,laundry,and so on.Nothing is nothing. Location is still good. Sim's Cozy is a basement for every traveler of west China.

This is hands down the best hostel I've ever stayed at over two years of two continents and multiple countries! The most friendly, hard working and enjoyable staff. The atmosphere is contagious, we met people from all over who were just as happy as we were. Food excellent! Best burgers in China, hands down.