Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Sim's Cozy had the best atmosphere of any place I've stayed at. The staff was warm, helpful, and chock full of English speakers. The hostel bar/restaurant seems to be a hub for expats in the area, so you can find not only good food but also good company. You will feel completely at home, surrounded by: a garden, a selection of books and movies, internet, and did I mention they have puppies and bunnies? Yes. Cute animals, too. However, the best aspect of the Sim's remains the wonderful staff.

I stay at this hostel regularly and love it. The staff are really friendly, as are all of the guests. The rooms are comfortable and the food and drinks are reasonably priced

Great location with bus stops right outside to take you to main bus station or other areas. Facilities were good and we stayed in both a dorm and private room. Both were extremely clean. The curtains across the dorm beds are a nice touch. Food and drink in cafe/restaurant were good value. Staff were really helpful and when I left my sunglasses in the dorm room they found them and returned them to me so very trustworthy too. Would definitely recommend staying here.

Hi, Thank you so much for your nice reviews. We hope to see you next time. Wish you a wonderful journey in China!

Really nice hostel. Close to the bus station and the metro. Nice bar with good variety of drinks and food (both western and Chinese). Helpful staff and comfortable beds. I'll be back.

Best guesthouse in the world!!! It got everything

• 15th Nov 2012
  • Israel

Nice & cozy place to stay. Helpful with organizing tours. We had problems with our aircondition and the staff was very helpful to fix it as soon as possible. Bar/Restaurant is a nice place to get breakfast and have a drink after a long day of sightseeing. Rooms are cozy with enough electricity plugins, space to put your personal belongings,... The curtains for each bed is a really good idea, love it! Room is very clean for chinese standards. Negative: The Wifi didn't work 2 out of 3 days.

• 15th Nov 2012

Dear guests, Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your feedback. We are updating all the WIFI in Sim's so it is always unable to connect. We should have let u know the inconvenience in advance. We are so sorry for the WIFI trouble. Hope you have a wonderful trip and see u next time! :) Sim's

Sims Cozy Garden needs a good scrub, clean and face lift. Staff were great and always helpful when it came to organising tours. The WiFi remained mythical, it existed in name only. Poorest connection we experienced during our time in China.

Dear guest, Thank you for staying with us and we really appreciate your feedback. Sim's has been few years. It is indeed necessary to renovate. we've got started to update our rooms,wifi and so on since Nov.18th.We are so sorry for all the inconvenience. We hope you have a wonderful trip and if you would come back in the future, you are deeply welcome to explore a new Sim's!:)

Highly recommended hostel for backpackers! Very friendly and helpful staff, with great atmosphere that makes it a great stay. Definitely will stay in Sim's Cozy again if step in to Chengdu in future.

• 9th Nov 2012
  • Malaysia

Very pleasant helpful English-speaking staff clean rooms, good food, reasonable prices. organized transfers, tours, visits

• 7th Nov 2012
  • Estonia

Very friendly, English speaking, honest and helpful staff. You can trust them in each matter.

• 6th Nov 2012
  • Poland

Great hostel! I would recommend the hostel if you are staying in Chengdu. One of the best we had.

Outstanding hostel, exactly as promised by the LP and every online review we'd read. Great rooms, free dvds, good travel advice (incl. their own map of Chengdu), helpful and friendly staff, nice terrace with as much (or as little) privacy as you like, OK restaurant. Would definitely stay here again.

A great place to get some good information about travelling in Sichuan or to Tibet. The place is huge and has relaxing areas to have tea, food or beers - what ever you fancy. It is not close to the subway line, so you would need to get a taxi to get there. Once there you can probably get a bike and move around the city. The place felt deserted, maybe because it is so big or because it was low season. However, other hostels in this city were fully booked this particular weekend..!?

We only stayed overnight in a private dble ensuite room. not the hilton, but perfect for a good night sleep before visiting the amazing Pandas. Basic clean room, comfy bed, powerful shower, the corridor smelt abit damp but our room was ok.

• 23rd Oct 2012

Super friendly staff and really nice restaurant. While the location was not near the city center, it was super easy from the north train station. The room was surprisingly dirty, especially the floor. Given that the room had clearly been cleaned right before I arrived (ie. floor was wet) I'm not sure how that's possible, but it was. Bed was clean and cozy though!

Amazing hostel, perfectly organized.

• 20th Oct 2012

Helpful staff at the travel desk. Nice place, very good value for money! Would definitely go back!

The staff here were the most impressive of any hostel I have been to, EVER. They have anticipated every single problem you may have! They are super friendly, too.I was less than impressed with the rooms, though. The dorms have bunk beds. If you are unlucky enough to get a top bunk (like I was), they are SUPER high and difficult to climb in and out of. But that's not the real issue - there are so many people coming in and out, so it was hard to get an uninterrupted night's sleep.

Great hostel, wonderful, competent staff, esp since they all spoke English. Staff were very helpful organizing tours/trips. Price unbeatable. Great Cafe Latte at restaurant. Service at restaurant was fast and efficient.

I have stayed at Sims three or four times now, and I love it! It is a bit of a walk from the subway, but I really like the hostel's vibe and the staff. I like it, but I think Mix might be a better hostel if you feel like mingling. Overall, the staff helps me with everything and there is a great massage place down the street, along with a Pizza Hut and one of the best hot places I have been to (and cheap!). Love it!