Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Spending our last few nights in China at Sim's Cozy Garden Hostel was a great way to end our adventure in China. After 5 weeks on the road we throughly enjoyed the comfort of Sim's.

The best hostel I have ever been in domestic

I oredered a single room. The room was very small (No. 402) comparing to other single rooms( like No. 408 maybe or 406). If it can be arrenged differently the will be more space for the guests.

great place!

I HIGHLY recommend this hostel, perhaps above all others in China. The food, rooms and beauty of the place are a step above others. You can get lost in this hostel wandering around in the garden are. Only thing is location, which is ok, but could be better. It's a quick walk from the subway and a short bus away from lots of things, but don't expect to be able to walk anyplace form the hostel. Again, it's still great.

The best hostel we stay ontem our trip! Really nice

The beds were the most comfortable beds I've had in all of China! There were bunnies and cats and a puppy which made it feel home-y and the food was excellent! The decor made it feel like a mini-resort.

we stayed there for 6 nights and had 2 different rooms. the first a room for 3, we resived it becouse we arrived there in 5 am and they were really nice not leting us wate for 5 hours, giving us the only room they had left that was more expansive than what we payed for, the room was not very clean but very big in the middle of the garden. the secound was a good clean room for 2. they had all the facillities you need, ever money exchange and good food.

Really great hostel, slight shame that it's a little way from the city centre though there are plenty of buses and the staff will happily tell you how to get to various tourist sights. Great bar and garden

Really nice place!

Pleasant stay in Chengdu. Large facility, lots of space to relax in the garden, feed the pet rabbits and play with the dog. Restaurant and bar were also good. Staff spoke decent english and were able to help us book further travel. The location is a bit inconvenient, 15 minute walk from the subway but there is a bus stop nearby but we ended up taking a taxi or walking most of the time. Great value, we had a triple room. It was clean, but the bathroom could use more shelf space.

It's a really nice hostel and the service is excellent. The only thing that's to bad is that there is no free use of the computer

• 30th Sep 2012

This hostel was clean & friendly with a great atmosphere. When my friend and I mistakenly booked a tour with a Chinese speaking company, they worked very hard to get us a bus ticket back home! The food is good & there are lots of interesting litle nooks & crannies in this place & usefull amenities.

Nice place, the staffs there will help you with many things. And I love the bar and restaurant in the hostel, great atmosphere.

Must be one of the best hostels in China! Good facilities and double rooms really good value for money. If I ever go to Chengdu again, I will definitely stay in this place!

travel desk wasnt so usefull .we have been trying to to get bus tickets to 2 destintaions. the stuff told us that there are no tickets left. beacause we ran out of time we decided to go to bus station and to try to get a ticket. surprise - we got the tickets without any problem. besides that the place is one of the best in china.

• 27th Sep 2012
  • Israel

When I rated items as EXCELLENT, I really meant it. This hostel is at the top of my list in these respects. They've thought of everything. However, the wooden lockers in the dorm room I stayed in were broken . Other than that the security was also excellent.

Got email confirming booking soon after booked Friendly helpful staff

The hostel is on a very busy road, but if you have the windows shut it is quiet at night. It is very clean and the staff are so helpful. There isnt a great deal to do in Chengdu but the hostel provides every service to get you to the main attractions.

• 23rd Sep 2012

Very easy to deal with-good English was helpful to us. Kevin was an excellent personal guide-covered all the stops we wanted! Very friendly and helpful staff!