Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

A little hard, but it was well the effort. The staff was super helpful with navigating the city, and helping us get to Leshan. The food was excellent at their restaurant, and we loved seeing the momma dog and her pups, and the cat with her kittens. We had a lovely stay.

Thanks for choosing our hostel, hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

We had a great stay here in April 2015. The staff were incredibly helpful, the hostel offered a good selection of freshly made, cheap food and drinks and the puppies were an added bonus! The only negative was that the hot water and shower quality was inconsistent.

• 6th Apr 2015

Thanks for choosing our hostel, hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

A wonderful place ! far from the center but well connected in bus. one malus : the new staff lies a lot on what Sim's did, and does not improve the hostel.. ex : the map which is the same since 2010, the display pannels which are not updated...

• 4th Apr 2015

Thanks for your review, we will update our map as soon as possible! Hope you have had a good stay here.

You have done a great job with the place. I was comfortable and easy to check in. Your staff was helpful and welcoming. The restaurant/bar was nice (and well priced). I cant talk this place up enough.

Thanks for your kind reveiw, it's very important to us, we will do better and better. Hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

Hostel promised to send driver for a fee but did not. Person with my name on the sign said we would have to take public bus with our six large bags and infant (moving from China after ten years). I injured my back carrying all the bags by myself and had to go to the doctor. Terrible customer service and hostel. I miss Sim's.

Thanks for all of you. You mean a lot during my stay at the hostel.

Thanks for yout support! Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

Staff were unhelpful- told us the wrong bus etc multiple times. Also charged commission to book us a bus to xi'an. Hostel kind of scungy and not very close to centre of town.

Hi Cutomer, sorry 4 the mistake we might give u wrong directions MUTIPLE times. Make sure 2 find the right direction offered. Staff working during ur stay were all experienced. Might have made a mistake, multiple times is exaggerated. Believe u AGREED 2 pay 20 more 2 book tickets here. “Commission” charged is Transporation Fee 2 collect ur tickets. Also, when we booked tickets 4 u, we was charged extra too. Thanks 4 pionting out problems, we’ll try our best 2 improve.

It's been two years since i left. well, at the moment, the hostel is still running well. However, it would be even better if the staff can cheer up a bit. Still one of the best hostels in China.~~

Thanks for choosing our hostel again,according to your suggestion,we will be more aware about that next time. Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

The hostel staff are great with their travel desk and they even helped me out after I received some fake yuan. However I found the bathroom configuration frustrating - everything in there got wet if you had a shower.

Thanks for choosing our hostel,we will try to fix the problem of bathroom.Hope you have enjoyed your trip here :)

This is very nice youth hostel .I guess they are the biggest one in cheng du.They have a two-story public area,including table tennis,baby football and billiards.The restaurant offer various food . Compared to the other hostel,the bar have a plenty of cocktails.They offer all service and information you can consider.Staff is cute and nice.A great experience.

Thanks for your support,hope you've had a great time in Chengdu.

One of the best hostels I visited so far. Helpful staff, good location and nice facilities.

Très agréable séjour à Chengdu dans cette auberge propre, bien située. Le personnel est très sympathique

各所に給湯器があり、遊戯施設やリビングルームの日本語ガイド本も充実しており、不自由を感じることは有りませんでした。 温水シャワーや上下水道も問題有りません。 中庭もきれいにされております。 広い敷地の影響か、部屋でWIFIを利用した際電波が弱い事がありました。 スタッフは親切で英語を話せるので、銀行の場所など必要な情報を聞く事が出来ました。 宿の場所もバス通りに面しており、分かりやすいです。 ただしここに限らず、現地ではグーグルマップで所在の確認できませんのでご注意ください。

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Japan

What was suppose to be only a 5 day stay for my partner and I turned into two weeks at Hello Chengdu. Exceptional, relaxing stay.

The best thing about this hostel is definitely the staff, everyone was very helpful, gave us great tips about the city and helped us with some travel issues. The atmosphere is quite cosy, a lot of space to chill out after a day in or around the city. The room was clean however it was getting a bit old.

Good facilities (you can easily do your laundry, DVD free rentals, nice garden,...). Helpfull staff. Good stay.

First time I chose youth hostel. It was the right choice to stay in Hello Chengdu Hostel. All the staff are friendly to me. Will come back in the future and choose to stay in the hostel.

• 8th Nov 2014
  • Hong Kong

Helpful staff, booking train tickets for us. We did the panda trip which was good, just entrance fee and transport but got you there early to see feeding. Twin room was good.

The very positive review is very much due to the efforts of Mr. Evan, the chief for the travelling section. He really takes a personnel interest In each and every one of the guests, and is helpful in all questions and problems raised by the guests at any time and everything to perfection.

Wonderful facility, made even better by the great staff. Hosted a Halloween celebration, that included pumpkin carving and hot pot. A wonderful event. The staff were able to answer all questions and provide information needed. I would recommend this facility to all travelers including families. A warm welcoming place

• 31st Oct 2014