Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

My tour guide to see the Panda was great and the map with intructions for taxi driver was perfect

• 31st Aug 2015

The hostel is clean, staff very friendly but the whole place is quite run down and would need some serious repairs. It will not get better if they don't do something. You can tell it used to be much more looked after.

• 28th Aug 2015

BIG hostel, but quite empty when we were there. Helpfull staff. Although there are no lockers, the room is opened by an electronic key. I liked that all the beds had their own curtains. Bathroom ensuite which was cleaned daily. Nice garden and terrace seating on the ground floor (but empty with no people). They provide an excellent map to help navigate Chengdu, through this we were able to do almost everything by bus which saved us a lot of money on taxi's!

I stayed here for over two weeks and loved it. I especially loved the various terraces and pavilions surrounded by greenery, which give the hostel a surprisingly rural feel in an urban location. The staff is wonderful, the hostel is generally child-friendly. My only complaint was the animals; I do like animals, but the cats were covered in fleas and tended to beg for food at the restaurant, and the pig bit two of us when we refused to give it our breakfast!

超讚的青旅!地方超大,戶外房內都有地方休息。餐廳食物很好食,餐廳員工很友善。青旅有不同小動物,小狗小貓,還有小豬,很可愛。位置也很好,去不同景點都很方便。

Great common areas: multiple different areas including a mix of indoor and outdoor, quiet and social. Travel desk staff were very helpful. Nice bunk beds in dorm rooms.

Very nice hostel, really recommended! Rooms with a lot of space, actually the whole place is big. Everything you need, really helpful staff that eill help you with everything from tour booking to transportation. Very cozy atmosphere, they even have a pig that is wandering around. We loved this place!

Éramos cinco personas, así que solicitamos una habitación de 3 y otra de 2. La de dos personas estaba aceptable, pero la de tres era bastante mala... Era pequeña, olía muchísimo a humedad, y nos encontramos dos cucarachas vivas que nos dieron la lata hasta que pudimos matarlas.

Leuk hostel, erg sfeervol! Schone kamers, ruim assortiment eten en drinken en heel veel plekken om te zitten (binnen en buiten) Behulpzaam personeel.

Wonderful staff, very helpful. Great knowledge of area and able to assist well. Only issue I really had was regard to cleanliness - I watched as one cleaner used a cloth to wipe out ashtrays and then used the same cloth simultaneously to wipe down tables where people eat food. The bar/food area was very limited when we needed something non-alcoholic and food orders were problematic.

• 21st Jul 2015

Excellent directions given from the airport to the hostel. Always a good start for the stay at the hostel. Friendly, helpful staff even the kitchen staff. Just check when booking that you're getting what you pay for.

Very good food and helpful staff.

• 19th Jul 2015

We stayed several nights in the hotel and when we returned after a trip in Sichuan the staff recognised us and made us feel very welcome. Wonderful help with organising tickets. My special love goes to Duobi, the lovable potbellied piglet. The children also had a wonderful time there.

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Belgium

Very nice! We love the pig!

Love the pig! Panda tour - only grumble was the Guide didn't speak any English!

I loved my stay at Hello Chengdu! Here are some highlights: - great location -- within walking distance of a public bus stop, lots of great places to eat, and Wenshu Monastery - pretty much free laundry facilities (if you're willing to wash your clothes by hand that is; otherwise it's 15RMB/load) - very helpful staff -- they'll help you figure out an itinerary, book tickets/tour packages for you, and store your valuables behind the counter for free - a pig named Dobby, 2 dogs, and a cat!

Wonderful place! I extended my stay 3 days and don't regret a one of them! Huge facility with lots of cool nooks and crannies to discover.

Very helpful check-in staff and excellent arrangements for trips - Chengdu Pandas and Magical Face Changing in Sichuan Opera. Also took us to train station which was really helpful

Great atmosphere, great food and great staff! The travel desk is a really useful initiative they took, because they really help you plan some parts of your trip and also answer some tricky questions the Internet fails to answer. They also organize tours at local attractions and speak perfect english! Very cheap considering what they offer!

Great upstairs terrace and bar where you can meet other travellers. Staff speak good English and they are so helpful and friendly!! Best hostel in China for me so far!