Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

I had a great time in Hello Chengdu Hostel. The location was near few bus stops. The staff was very helpfull and nice. After two weeks of eating noodles and rice for breakfast I had a chance to eat very tasty muesli in the morning. I would stay there again.

• 20th Jul 2014
  • Poland

I stayed in a private room so I cannot judge about the dorms. The staff's english can be improved a lot. But the place is nice with the garden, the common areas are good. There is water refiling and there is also a wide selection of DVD's that you can watch. It's easy to go here from the bus station with another bus.

amazing garden, big lockers in the rooms, helpful staff, close to thr supermarket (getting things without bargaining :-)))) even there is a big bar and garden, the atmosphere wasnt so much fun, maybe i was just unlucky that not many people stayed at the same time...

Lovely gardens and friendly staff. We very much enjoyed our stay here. The hostel is somewhat out of the way, so we did end up taking a lot of taxis (bus routes are also available). The food was just okay and overpriced. But, overall, we would definitely stay here again if we were in Chengdu.

This hostel ticked all the boxes for what a hostel should be. I couldn't give any area an excellent but it is a good overall hostel and I would recommend it. It looks like much needed maintenance is taking place.

• 21st Jun 2014

Das ganze Hostel ist zu große sehr unpersönlich und etwas schmmudelig. Es gibt bessere Hostels in Chengdu

I had a wonderful stay at your hostel! Best welcome to the country I could have imagined. Thank you!

Thanks for choosing Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel and thanks for giving us reviews. May you a good journey and hope to see you next time.

Though the Hello Chengdu Hostel has changed hands recently, it still retains enough of its previous charm to warrant high ratings. The staff are friendly and knowledgable, rooms clean and well designed, every traveler comfort thought of, and - best of all - puppies and kittens roam the large outdoor areas of gardens and terraces. Overall, still an exceptional bang for your buck and a needed respite in an energetic city.

Nice Hostel, comfortable bed (however if you are in the upper bed it is not so easy to come down), big room, bathroom with window. Staff excellent, location good, food good. I liked the garden and the terasses very much. Would come back here.

quick set of good points. The garden is beautiful. Bar/reception staff are friendly. I met fun people staying here. They let me store my bag while climbing Emie. Ask and they will happily write any directions ect in Chinese for you (Useful for taxi drivers and bus station ticket offices). Ask and they will offer advise on food and places to eat. They will book tickets for you very efficiently, Though I didn't use them as I had a strict intinary I saw that they do offer a large range of tours.

Perfect hostel! Very helpfull staff, great atmosphere. A lot of helpfull informstion. Cheap bycicle rent and a nice coffee bar on the corner of the street (rosa's cafe, turn right at the hostel till end of the street en cross the street there). The hostel has good food en cheap beer. You could stay here easily for a couple of days to relax!

很棒的环境、舒适、氛围好、推荐

The room is bit small and looks old.

The room size is great with sofa and enclosed balcony overlooking the garden area and the bed in the big double room is huge. You even get a bathroom for children with half size everything! There is a great variety of spaces you can use e.g DVD room, reading area, bar etc and the outside garden area is great.

Nice place.

The hostel itself is great, the biggest I've ever been to, with a nice chill out area, table tennis, snooker, bar, etc. The price is good and the connection with downtown also, as frequent buses stop nearby. Anyway, the fact of finding 2 roaches in the room was not a good surprise.

Great hostel with awesome big garden! friendly staff :)

quiet atmosphere, friendly staff who helped us to arrange tour to Mt. Four Sisters

とてもよい雰囲気のゲストハウスです。ゆっくりできました。

• 21st Apr 2014
  • Japan

great welcome, lovely room and very nice staff, which is very helpful. hostel is in a good location from which everything is easily reachable. They also have a nice travel desk