Hello Chengdu International Youth Hostel Reviews

No.211, Section 4, First Ring Road North, Chengdu, China

Friendly and helpful staff.

Thanks for choosing Hello Chengdu Youth Hostel. Hope to see you next time here. All the best!

非常有爱的住宿体验,前台的妹子非常热心!院子和后花园都美呆~下次还会选择!

• 27th Apr 2015
  • China

谢谢你对老宋青年旅舍的支持,希望你下次入住会有更好的体验。祝你愉快!

Public rest room in ground floor is terrible nitemare! I booked pick up service in the airport but nobody there!!! We had to ask help from some staffs of ctrip, thankfully they were there. After many calls finally the driver appeared but in fact he was there to pick up other!!! I booked one doubled room and the wash room also old and dirty. All cover sheet of blanket and pillow are yellow stained. staff just so so, when I asked for travel info, not enthusiastic enough and like we asked 4 favor

Thanks for pointing out our problems. We are try our best to slove them out. We also, we are training our staff and trying to improve our serve as we did. May you a happy life.

Friendly staff, location is alright (near the north railway station) and basically you can take the buses to anywhere in Chengdu (some places need to take another bus at particular bus stop).

wifiが弱い。同じ部屋でも、対応スタッフによって言い値が違う。水回りがカビ臭い。 ドミトリーにカーテンがついているのでちょっとした個室感があって良い。

Great hostel with very friendly staff, nice rooms, a good kitchen and many areas to relax

Thanks for your review Steve! Hope you've had a great time here :)

A little hard, but it was well the effort. The staff was super helpful with navigating the city, and helping us get to Leshan. The food was excellent at their restaurant, and we loved seeing the momma dog and her pups, and the cat with her kittens. We had a lovely stay.

Thanks for choosing our hostel, hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

We had a great stay here in April 2015. The staff were incredibly helpful, the hostel offered a good selection of freshly made, cheap food and drinks and the puppies were an added bonus! The only negative was that the hot water and shower quality was inconsistent.

• 6th Apr 2015

Thanks for choosing our hostel, hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

A wonderful place ! far from the center but well connected in bus. one malus : the new staff lies a lot on what Sim's did, and does not improve the hostel.. ex : the map which is the same since 2010, the display pannels which are not updated...

Thanks for your review, we will update our map as soon as possible! Hope you have had a good stay here.

You have done a great job with the place. I was comfortable and easy to check in. Your staff was helpful and welcoming. The restaurant/bar was nice (and well priced). I cant talk this place up enough.

Thanks for your kind reveiw, it's very important to us, we will do better and better. Hope you have had a great time in Chengdu!

Hostel promised to send driver for a fee but did not. Person with my name on the sign said we would have to take public bus with our six large bags and infant (moving from China after ten years). I injured my back carrying all the bags by myself and had to go to the doctor. Terrible customer service and hostel. I miss Sim's.

Thanks for all of you. You mean a lot during my stay at the hostel.

Thanks for yout support! Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

Staff were unhelpful- told us the wrong bus etc multiple times. Also charged commission to book us a bus to xi'an. Hostel kind of scungy and not very close to centre of town.

Hi Cutomer, sorry 4 the mistake we might give u wrong directions MUTIPLE times. Make sure 2 find the right direction offered. Staff working during ur stay were all experienced. Might have made a mistake, multiple times is exaggerated. Believe u AGREED 2 pay 20 more 2 book tickets here. “Commission” charged is Transporation Fee 2 collect ur tickets. Also, when we booked tickets 4 u, we was charged extra too. Thanks 4 pionting out problems, we’ll try our best 2 improve.

It's been two years since i left. well, at the moment, the hostel is still running well. However, it would be even better if the staff can cheer up a bit. Still one of the best hostels in China.~~

Thanks for choosing our hostel again,according to your suggestion,we will be more aware about that next time. Hope you have had a nice trip in Chengdu!

The hostel staff are great with their travel desk and they even helped me out after I received some fake yuan. However I found the bathroom configuration frustrating - everything in there got wet if you had a shower.

Thanks for choosing our hostel,we will try to fix the problem of bathroom.Hope you have enjoyed your trip here :)

This is very nice youth hostel .I guess they are the biggest one in cheng du.They have a two-story public area,including table tennis,baby football and billiards.The restaurant offer various food . Compared to the other hostel,the bar have a plenty of cocktails.They offer all service and information you can consider.Staff is cute and nice.A great experience.

Thanks for your support,hope you've had a great time in Chengdu.

One of the best hostels I visited so far. Helpful staff, good location and nice facilities.

Très agréable séjour à Chengdu dans cette auberge propre, bien située. Le personnel est très sympathique

各所に給湯器があり、遊戯施設やリビングルームの日本語ガイド本も充実しており、不自由を感じることは有りませんでした。 温水シャワーや上下水道も問題有りません。 中庭もきれいにされております。 広い敷地の影響か、部屋でWIFIを利用した際電波が弱い事がありました。 スタッフは親切で英語を話せるので、銀行の場所など必要な情報を聞く事が出来ました。 宿の場所もバス通りに面しており、分かりやすいです。 ただしここに限らず、現地ではグーグルマップで所在の確認できませんのでご注意ください。

• 19th Jan 2015
  • Japan

What was suppose to be only a 5 day stay for my partner and I turned into two weeks at Hello Chengdu. Exceptional, relaxing stay.