Hello Guesthouse Reviews

635-6 Woodong, Haeundaegu, Busan, South Korea

The location is very good, close to haeundae beach. The only thing about the hostel which isn't really good are the bathrooms. But they are still at an 'allright level'.

Decent, super clean hostel with a great location next to Haundae beach. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Not much of a place to meet other travelers though. Would stay again.

As always, Hello Guesthouse was great.

First things first, it is a little tricky to find this place! A local gave me a lift and even with the address entered on their GPS it was a challenge. Room was nice, with lockers, though the bed was a little bit hard and squeaky. Excellent common areas. Shower was a bit mouldy in areas. Location is excellent, close to the beach and the nightlife.

The staff are really friendly. Is a nice hostel which is clean and modern, however it has quite a dull atmosphere- people didn't seem to utilize the communal space to socialise and was quite an isolating place to stay as a single traveller. Is initially quite hard to find, but does have a good, central location for Haeundae beach as well as bars and restaurants.

Excellent hostel in excellent location

I had a great experience at Hello Guesthouse. I stayed for 4 nights. The staff were friendly and some of them went above and beyond to make my stay better. There was a small language barrier with some staff but it was no big deal. I dont mind language barriers bc it makes my travel experience more exciting. Facilities were clean. Of course you should always contribute and clean after yourself at least. Lots less than 5 minutes away from subway station. I recommend this place!

• 24th May 2014

Hello Guestgouse is a great place to stay at. It's located very near Hongdae beach, and is also surrounded by restaurants and cafés. The only down thing for me was that I didn't get to meet any other fellow travellers, but this could be due to the time I was there. Apparently the best time to visit busan is during summer season, then it's bustling with travellers. The staffs there are friendly and helpful. Overall, I had a great stay there and would not mind staying there again:)

One of the best ones I've ever stayed in. Big common areas (living room with couch and TV, kitchen and dining room). Very clean. The best showers. Comfortable beds (as much as it can get when travelling). Nice friendly staff. Cheap price. Located near the beach. I highly recommend this hostel!

Great staff, good location; nice, clean rooms.

This was my second time staying at Hello Guesthouse. It's my favorite place in Busan, and I plan to check here first for any future trips I take to the beach. Fantastic location a few minutes' walk from Haeundae beach, cute interior and common areas, comfortable beds, well-equipped kitchen--all-around a great experience. Sand gets tracked inside, but it's a beach hostel, so a little of that is to be expected. Feels safe and secure.

staff was rude and unhelpful. will not stay again. we felt unwelcome the entire time.

It was a busy holiday weekend so it was hard for the staff to keep up with cleanliness. For how busy they were, they did a good job. The staff was also very friendly and helpful. The hostel is right down the street from the beach and in an excellent spot for beach (and aquarium) going, as well as eating out and the subway.

The women's dorms were particularly cozy and nice. I particularly liked that they had a big comfortable couch in there. That's something I haven't seen in a hostel dormitory. The showers were multi-person, however you could lock the door and take up all three showers. I did that. So I guess that's better than it could be in Busan since I had friends staying a block away who spent their time showering in their bathing suits. Anyhow, I liked the kitchen facilities and hang-out areas too!

Excellent, I would stay here again

Great location, so clean and modern with friendly and helpful staff. would definitely go back

very clean and quiet hostel ..i think probably the cleanest i have ever been. no let me think, it was the cleanest. easy to find and also in a good location. ca.5 min walk to subway and some stores and restaurants around close to the beach. breakfast was ok..some eggs jams and toast coffee in breakfast time for free. nice "lobby" to hang out and relax and friendly staff..would come again

So far this is the best hostel I've visited in Busan. The location is perfect, as most of the Haeundae hostels are, and the atmosphere of the hostel is both social and intimate. The staff is very kind and make sure that everything is clean for your arrival. The showers are some of the best in the Korea hostel world, rivaling those of Seoul Base Camp in the capital. The common room and kitchen area's are huge and you can chill out at any hour down there. I highly recommend Smile. A rated.