Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel Reviews

Spiegelstraat 4, Haarlem, Netherlands

This is my favourite hostel. I stayed there for a few days. The female dorm along with the male dorm was closed " for renovations". I did not mind staying in the mixed dorm, which had only two others sharing the room. Upon my return a week later I showed up without a reservation as I was unable to book online. To my surprise, it was closed.With my own observations, it looks like it has been sold and waiting for the new ownership. Disappointed I had to look elsewhere.

I don't think I've come across such a sweet little place, with possibly the most charmingly group running the place. The fact that Haarlem is, in itself, a quaint little town obviously helps. Everything's quite super here. Don't think twice before booking this place. I liked it so much that I even went to Leiden but kept this hostel as my base.

One of the best hostel I have been staying in :) All the facilities are very new and modern, lovely decorated. (only the locker under the bed couldn't really be closed and got some little troubles getting into the hostel after 11pm, but its not a big problem indeed) Very friendly staffs and kind enough to email me when i was late for the check in. Would definitely return when I go visit my friends in Haarlem again, it was a very pleasant short stay :)

Fantastic staff, lovely space, amazing clean beds. Very comfortable. Perfect location to the city center. The kitchen could use a bit of work.. It wouldn't hurt to have a few more appliances to use. It's also a bit more expensive than most hostels especially on weekends, but there isn't much competition there.

• 26th Nov 2015

Very nice hostel! Clean, good atmosphere and grat staff. They organise a life concert every Thursday , and this was a nice surprise. The lack of wifi in the room would be my only concern.

Wonderful hostel--one of the best actually, and I've seen a lot! Great people, close to everything, peaceful, amazing local breakfast, warm welcome. A lovely surprise to step into!

By far the best Hostel that I have stayed in! It was such a nice place to relax in between travelling! An absolute gem!

• 25th Oct 2015

Beautiful hostel, very well designed and comfortable. Freindly staff. There was a live music night when I was there, was a fantastic night. Would definitely stay again!

• 29th Sep 2015

Local is the best hostel i have ever been.

• 23rd Sep 2015
  • Sweden

Great service, design and overall vibe. It costs a little more which means it attracts a different sort of guest. It avoids the cheapest-price-backpacker which is a good thing!

Everything was perfect, but it would be nice if there was a little more equipment in the kitchen than just a microwave. I would still highly recommend this cosy hostel :)

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Couldn't have asked for a more friendly and welcoming experience! It was like staying at an old friend's house, so relaxed, nothing was too much trouble, beautiful decor. My favourite Hostel in Europe! :)

Its been the best hostel that I visited so far, the location is really close to everything. There's not enough words to describe the kindness and attention of the staff, I'm really thankful at you guys, and the common space is really design to share and bond. Definitely will recommend and will go back if I'm near town.

I planned to stay in Haarlem while I visited Amsterdam as the hostels there didn't seem particularly nice or particularly cheap. In the end I didn't visit Amsterdam and enjoyed lovely Haarlem and Bloemendaal. The hostel is the 2nd best I have stayed in. It is small enough for it to be possible to get to know others particularly if you travel alone. Staff very friendly and willing to offer cheese-slicing services/lessons.

The nicest hostel we stayed at in Europe. The were bed were extremely comfortable and the air conditioner was much appreciated. Staff was very kind and helpful.

A very nice hostel, with nice owners :) I had a wonderful stay in Haarlem :) thank you!