Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel Reviews

Spiegelstraat 4, Haarlem, Netherlands

Everything was perfect, but it would be nice if there was a little more equipment in the kitchen than just a microwave. I would still highly recommend this cosy hostel :)

• 25th Aug 2015
  • Denmark

Couldn't have asked for a more friendly and welcoming experience! It was like staying at an old friend's house, so relaxed, nothing was too much trouble, beautiful decor. My favourite Hostel in Europe! :)

Its been the best hostel that I visited so far, the location is really close to everything. There's not enough words to describe the kindness and attention of the staff, I'm really thankful at you guys, and the common space is really design to share and bond. Definitely will recommend and will go back if I'm near town.

I planned to stay in Haarlem while I visited Amsterdam as the hostels there didn't seem particularly nice or particularly cheap. In the end I didn't visit Amsterdam and enjoyed lovely Haarlem and Bloemendaal. The hostel is the 2nd best I have stayed in. It is small enough for it to be possible to get to know others particularly if you travel alone. Staff very friendly and willing to offer cheese-slicing services/lessons.

The nicest hostel we stayed at in Europe. The were bed were extremely comfortable and the air conditioner was much appreciated. Staff was very kind and helpful.

• 14th Aug 2015

A very nice hostel, with nice owners :) I had a wonderful stay in Haarlem :) thank you!

The hostel was very accessible and located in a quiet city outside of Amsterdam. I loved the decor and the staff! I'll definitely be coming back to stay here when I visit Holland again.

• 5th Aug 2015

A wonderful hostel - beautiful inside, and lovely staff.

• 26th Jul 2015

Wow! By far the most exquisite hostel I've ever seen. Clean, comfortable, amazing atmosphere and central location. The shower was better than the one I have at home. Food was lovely and I like that there were local beers at the bar. Staff were always happy to help. All round, an excellent experience.

The best hostel I've ever been to. Clean, tidy, in a good position, very well furnished and the guys are very nice and helpful.

Wow...seriously....wow. I'd like to give this place a 200% rating if it were possible. I planned to stay here and take the train to Amsterdam everyday, but after arriving, I only went to Amsterdam once and preferred to stay in at the hostel or around Haarlem. Haarlem was amazing and so relaxing and this hostel made it even better. I was always so relaxed that I didn't mind doing nothing for hours in this place. There's even a cool fireplace for cold nights! Thanks for the great stay, guys!

BEST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD. This place is amazing!! It has to be the best hostel in the world!! Lovely decoration, great location in the sweet town of Haarlem, with all the commodities you may need. It feels like someone really planned what would be the perfect hostel stay when they built this, and it definitely work. The staff are all so lovely and very nice and helpful! Totally totally recommended! I hope to be able to re visit soon!

Super cute place with a lovely staff!! Great place to hang out and meet people and also in the center of town. Good rooms too

By far the BEST hostel I stayed in during my 3 months in Europe. Excellent facility, delicious breakfast, beautiful town and AMAZING staff. I would recommend to anyone going to Amsterdam/Haarlem.

Great hostel, the staff make you feel like you're at home. I highly recommend anybody to stay at this hostel.

• 24th Jun 2015

Nicest staff I met who really loves their job and always ready to help and answer your questions. Breakfast is not included, but it's not bad as they have coffee for free and small kitchen where you can cook something. Very clean rooms and showers.

Hostel was very nice and clean! I would definitely stay here again. My only "issue" was the wifi. The hostel only has wifi in the reception/common space which makes the space that is usually a social place for travellers into a place where everyone is looking at phones/computers.

just some notes: no free continental breakfast. Very clean toilets/beds. close enough to train station. no crfew, however, the hostel is in a residential area and they request nothing loud/rowdy after a certain hour. Free wifi- only accessible downstairs in common room.

Fantastic hostel! Beatifully built, spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds and friendly staff. I would certainly recommend it. The only constructive criticism that I can give is that it would be good to have a few more utensils in the guest kitchen. I tried to make a salad but it was very difficult due to the lack of a sharp knife and chopping board. This is no big deal. I was very happy overall :-)

It took a little while to get there from the train station, but once there you don't want to leave. This place is such a wonderful place that has a relaxed environment. It is an easy walk into the city centre. Would definitely come back here again