Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel Reviews

Spiegelstraat 4, Haarlem, Netherlands

Wow! By far the most exquisite hostel I've ever seen. Clean, comfortable, amazing atmosphere and central location. The shower was better than the one I have at home. Food was lovely and I like that there were local beers at the bar. Staff were always happy to help. All round, an excellent experience.

Wow...seriously....wow. I'd like to give this place a 200% rating if it were possible. I planned to stay here and take the train to Amsterdam everyday, but after arriving, I only went to Amsterdam once and preferred to stay in at the hostel or around Haarlem. Haarlem was amazing and so relaxing and this hostel made it even better. I was always so relaxed that I didn't mind doing nothing for hours in this place. There's even a cool fireplace for cold nights! Thanks for the great stay, guys!

BEST HOSTEL IN THE WORLD. This place is amazing!! It has to be the best hostel in the world!! Lovely decoration, great location in the sweet town of Haarlem, with all the commodities you may need. It feels like someone really planned what would be the perfect hostel stay when they built this, and it definitely work. The staff are all so lovely and very nice and helpful! Totally totally recommended! I hope to be able to re visit soon!

Great hostel, the staff make you feel like you're at home. I highly recommend anybody to stay at this hostel.

• 24th Jun 2015

Nicest staff I met who really loves their job and always ready to help and answer your questions. Breakfast is not included, but it's not bad as they have coffee for free and small kitchen where you can cook something. Very clean rooms and showers.

Hostel was very nice and clean! I would definitely stay here again. My only "issue" was the wifi. The hostel only has wifi in the reception/common space which makes the space that is usually a social place for travellers into a place where everyone is looking at phones/computers.

just some notes: no free continental breakfast. Very clean toilets/beds. close enough to train station. no crfew, however, the hostel is in a residential area and they request nothing loud/rowdy after a certain hour. Free wifi- only accessible downstairs in common room.

Fantastic hostel! Beatifully built, spotlessly clean, very comfortable beds and friendly staff. I would certainly recommend it. The only constructive criticism that I can give is that it would be good to have a few more utensils in the guest kitchen. I tried to make a salad but it was very difficult due to the lack of a sharp knife and chopping board. This is no big deal. I was very happy overall :-)

It took a little while to get there from the train station, but once there you don't want to leave. This place is such a wonderful place that has a relaxed environment. It is an easy walk into the city centre. Would definitely come back here again

Very true to their name! Great Branding! The entire facilities (especially the showers) were very nice. They are extremely friendly and have great food and drinks to offer. We stayed here and traveled to Amsterdam for the day. The walk to and from the train station is only about 15 minutes and the train is just as long. Great place to stay outside of the extremely expensive city, and Haarlem is a very nice city itself with a small town charm.

the receptionist was one of the most kind I've ever meet in a hostel, you should really keep her! I don't know her name but it was on a thursday at 20h30 ..Congratulations for the modern and clean facilities! It was really a pleasure to go there.

Great, friendly staff. Checking in earlier was not a problem, the barkeep was very nice and the beds were comfy. Walls between the bedroom and the shower was a bit thin, though.

• 5th May 2015

Had a great time to relax here which is the best choice I made to stay Haarlem! Wonderful staffs are helpful for my trip. Wish to visit there soon :D

Great hostel. Will stay there again.

The best value for money place to stay if you're visiting Amsterdam/Haarlem. It's a very cosy and clean hostel, and a 15min train ride away from Amsterdam

The hostel is new, very clean, with good staff, but the kitchen is like a microwave warm area, you cant cook.Everything else is excellent.

Pretty nice! Evertime again!

• 8th Apr 2015

Super clean and a very nice chilled out vibe. Not very big so its easier to get a good nights sleep without all the noise. Helpful and kind staff. Only problem was how expensive and slow the laundry was there, I'd recommend doing your laundry elsewhere. But surely come here, great hostel!

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Cleanliness wise is superb. This is absolutely the best hostel i've ever stayed in during my a Europe trip.

• 3rd Apr 2015
  • Malaysia

Nice atmosphere at the lobby. I stayed in a 14 bed room and before the trip I thought that it would be packed. But it turned out to be nice and comfy as the room was spacious and I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. :D