Hello I'm Local Boutique Hostel Reviews

Spiegelstraat 4, Haarlem, Netherlands

I was in Europe for four weeks and by far this was the best nights sleep I had throughout the entire stay! Beds were very comfy and clean, as well as all of her facilities. She was so helpful with maps, buses, and bike rentals. I will be back and I will be staying there again :) The place is adorable.

• 28th Sep 2014

At 31 euros (28 euros and 3 euro tax), this is an expensive hostel, and not worth the money. They offer wi-fi but as my computer was not working they directed me to the local library, a considerable walk, and not open when I needed it. I wanted to hire a bike but was directed to a hire company a long way away. By having a computer for people caught short and having a few bikes this place could considerable improve its service. The place was only about one third full and this was in August!

Hello anonymous, Unfortunately I could not help you with the wifi connection. I read in your earlier reviews, at other Dutch places you had trouble connecting to the Dutch network? I don't have a public computer and not planning to, my hostel is all about personal contact of course we tried to help you.The bike rental is at a 10 min. walk from my hostel, I arranged a special price for you. However I'm sad that you didn't feel free sharing your displeasure. Enjoy your journey, greetings Merel

Really nice and clean hostel, even though a bit overpriced (especially due to the 3€ tourist tax). Calm hostel, definitely not a party one.

Thank you for your review! unfortunately I have no control over my government. The tourist tax is a fixed price set by my town community, I'm forced to charge you this tax. Hope to see you back again, it was nice having you around!

This hostel was such a pleasant surprise with a very chic look to the decor. The staff were uber-friendly and very very helpful when it came time to find out how to get to locations. They were very accomodating and the atmosphere was amazing...right down to the mint tea made with organic mint. I will definitely recommend this place as it was everything we hoped for and more and I will definitely book with them as well!

Wow, that's hart warming to read. I make sure my staff will hear about your nice review! Hope to see you back again!

Hello I'm Local has all the makings of a really good hostel. Beds are comfortable, place is clean and airy. The thing that was most lacking was atmosphere. The place was not very busy meaning there was not much of a presence in the common areas especially in the evenings. I think this may be due to it being quite new. I'm local is right in centre of Haarlem and has so much going for it. Perhaps providing a simple breakfast included in price would be good. Bar also has very good beer!

Hello! Thank you for your review. Liked that you had such a good stay! Morning cookie is a snack and free available during my breakfast. I make you a perfect made fresh blend coffee, my total staff is educated to make beautiful coffees. And yes, that's why I ask a sweet price, I'm sure you order one more ;-) Hope to see you back again.

lovely place with lovely stuff, all the recommendations for excursion or night ut were excellent, i wouldn´t go to any other place

• 1st May 2014
  • Spain

Excellent hostel with very friendly staff! Absolutely recommended!

Perfect!! Someday i want to stay here again !! All the things is very good for visiters