Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

We did not expect a lot from this hostel since it was just a small apartment and fairly cheap, but we had the best day here. Make sure to join the community dinner - the food and atmosphere is amazing. Only one toilet for 24 people but otherwise really fine.

The fact that there is only one toilet is kind of annoying but, apart from it it's all good

Awesome Hostel! 2/6 lockers were broken in our room so we didn’t have any but even though the rooms couldn’t be locked I didn’t mind leaving my stuff there. There is only one toilet that smells very male... maybe some fresh scent would help out with that. But the shower was very good. It felt a bit like home and we really enjoyed our stay!

Couldn't have asked for a better location, a 10 minute walk from the station and literally right next to the old port (main centre of Marseille). The staff were really friendly and the rooms were very spacious. Only criticism was that there was no key for our room so security was lightly poor but having said that, all the rooms wee right next to the reception so the receptionist kept guard. Would definitely stay there again!

Congratulacions to all the team!

Such a friendly atmosphere, best hostel I've stayed in !

• 21st Jul 2015

this was easily the best hostel I've stayed in. the staff were so happy to chat and explain things about the city or judt interact with the guests. the music was a bit loud but I can only complain about that cause they fostered an atmosphere where you want to chat and hang out with others in the building. this was the best place to meet and talk with people for sure

I had a great night in this hostel, and met loads of great people. That staff are friendly and are up for a good laugh, however we may have kept the others guests up. In my experience this hostel is great for young travellers, but for older travellers you may not got much sleep. It depends on who is staying really.

• 20th Jul 2015

Very bare-bones hostel, hot and a lot of stairs to climb up. But the staff and environment are by far the best I've encountered at a hostel. Great place to meet great people. Worth the heat for the community. Great meals. Highly recommend.

I am never one to complain, and I am always fair when writing a review. Cons: Some of the locker doors were missing in my room meaning our bags were left out. There's also no room locks. Staff were average besides one Australian lad who was really helpful. Only one toilet (smells bad) and two showers. Kitchen was okay but smelled. No A/C so rooms were unbearable. The washed bed sheets were dried off the side of bunk beds. Washing clothes is costly (7 euro to wash and dry) Pro's:location

• 20th Jul 2015

Hello, Sorry for the locks under repair when you came, we try to fix it asap. Security is excellent in our hostel as we are 24h/7 on the spot and check incoming guests. Also, we have a blindage main-door that makes the room locks unnecessary. Only one toilets cleaned and disinfected everyday, and though we are limited in infrastructure, it's ok. 3 showers not 2, no A/C, we eco-dry our linens in the rooms :) 7 euros for clothes is our own cost (wash + drier). Kind regards, HM Team

Toilets and bathrooms aren't enough.

only one toilet in the whole place ad pretty sure the staff here stole my friends phone. staff were patronising.

Hi, Sorry for your bad experience, usually people like our hostel and we try our best to make their stay enjoyable. Sometimes misunderstanding happens. We are a team of international volunteers and there is no will to patronize as we are ourselves travellers enjoying some time in France. Come back again and I hope you'll have a different feeling. For your phone, sorry for the misfortune. Any proper proofs? Hard to imagine our volunteers doing that. Kind regards, Hello Marseille Tea

Very nice location (3 min walk to the old port). The facilities is average: only one shared bathroom and 2 shower rooms. Not everybody get a plug on each bed for charging. But I like the fact that this hostel is completely run by volunteers and I even met two volunteers from the same city. Free breakfast provided.

Good location near the vieux port and beach. Fairy relaxed vibes most of the time and easy to meet people in the nice common room. The staff were friendly and helpful. No power points near some of the beds and it also was terribly hot at night - but apart from that I enjoyed this place and feel it was pretty good value for marseille.

Excellent hostel. Trulyeases genuine culture, which you can spot a mile away. Good utilities, fantastic location, amazing staff. Took us on a hike to the national park the day after I arrived - the Swedish girl is an amazing tour guide - very informative. Meredith was also incredible, adhering to every need I or any other customer wanted: She took on my issues as her own, making me feel very comfortable with everything. English girl is lovely and very helpful. Aussie worker is pretentious

• 9th Jul 2015

Was a really welcoming hostel, all the staff were friendly and helpful. Nice atmosphere, not too far from the port and a 15/20 minute walk from a nice beach. We had a community dinner one night cooked by the staff too which was lovely!! Only downside was only 1 toilet for all the rooms but other than that we enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back!!!! :))

The location of this hostel was very convenient to the train station, port, and bus stop. The staff members were so friendly, they made dinner for all of the guests and we went night swimming in a spot we never would have found on our own. However, there was no a/c and it was miserable sleeping when the temperature was in the upper 30s. The facilities were very small, the kitchen could fit maybe 8 people at one time and there was only one toilet for the entire hostel.

This hostel , while secure from the street with a buzz-in system, wasn't secure at all inside. The rooms don't have any locks on the doors and in my room (mixed dorm for 6 people) there were only two lockers. There is also only one toilet for the whole hostel. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hostel.

This hostel is amazing! Everyone was nice and although it was a small hostel, I really enjoyed my stay. The people were nice, the accommodations did the job, and they have a kitchen to cook in which is awesome if you travel on a budget.

• 2nd Jul 2015