Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

Excellent true backpackers' hostel, small breakfast of breads, jam, coffee, and milk. The beds were comfortable, you have to make it yourself, they give you sheets and you put them on in true backpacker fashion. The only big downside for me, was because it's February it was freezing! I'm generally a pretty cold person, but I was freezing the entire time here. The staff was very nice and gave me great advice on things to do/see in Marseille. Would stay here again.

you have to read carefully. it's not that cheap if you are not a youth hostel member (i paid 17 sth at hostels world and 16 sth euros at the arrival so 34-35 euros total) staffs are nice, got kitchen, wifi is slow but working, but there is no lock on any rooms' door and one toilet for the entire place. but it has really friendly mood and everyone kinda hang out at the common room so it's easier to make friends.

I would probably never stay in this hostel again for one main reason: security. Currently all you need to do is ring the bell downstairs, they open the door and you're in. They don't verify who you are or anything. During my stay there was somebody who was not a guest who rang the bell, was let in and stole valuables (including an iPhone) from another room. The doors to the rooms don't even lock which makes it even easier for ANYONE to get in. Some serious changes need to be done to this system

I've been traveling for almost a year and have stayed in all kinds of hostels and this one would be near the top of my list. The people were cool, the atmosphere nice. Their entire concept of community is very welcoming. And the facilities, and wifi actually worked...go figure. I would definitely recommend.

The hostel is placed in a former apartment, so the doors aren't lockable, but they have really big lockers. They have a big common-room but after midnight everything is quiet, because otherwise other guests complain about noise, cause the dorms are next to the common-room. I stayed in January in the hostel, so it was really cold outside, and the dorms just had a small heater and the windows didn't closed properly. And the rooms were a bit stuffy, too. But the whole crew was really great, Cheers!

Only has one toilet for 20 people! The staff entered the room without lnocking the door. No card key for the rooms. I recommend the hostel to put another toilet in the female dorm, at least knock the door if you want to clean or do something.

The hostel had no heating, it was a room with bunk beds and no facilities to cater to travellers. No personal plug sockets or lights, the lockers were homemade fixtures which you had to put your things on the floor under the bed. There was no heating in the room and on arrival our door to the balcony would not shut. Showers were poor and only 1 toilet. I really don't recommend the place.

The rooms were very cold and there were no outlets to charge phones.

전반적으로 괜찮네요 ㅎㅎ 위치도 보통이고 무료아침식사는 굿! 해변에선 좀 멀어요ㅠㅠ

Nice environment but only one toilet in the Hostel and not very clean sheets and towels! Also the breakfast it was almost nothing!

It's a nice low budget hostel. Although... I would only recommend to make another bathroom and to fix the window of the big room. The staff was really nice and the location was perfect, we really enjoyed our stay :)

The worse that i've ever been. Do not believe on the hotel's photos. Security simply does not exist, there is no key for the rooms, everyone can get in. My towel, pants and padlock have disappeared and one member of the staff "suddenly" found my towel within the dirty linen after my complaining. But first he didn't believe on me being sarcastic. They hang the linen on the guest beds to dry with a "sustainability speech" for do not use clothes dryer. There is only one toilet for at least 16 guest

• 25th Dec 2015

A bit dissapointed about the quality of the hostel but in general it's a good place to stay with friendly staff, but the hostel itself was not quite clean

The room is big and the bathroom is awesome It's a pity that I could only stay for one night

Actually I just spend 1 night there. There should be more bathrooms! I liked my bed, it was comfortable. Its well located and even though I was there for a short time I felt a nice atmosphere.

There's only one bathroom which can be a bit difficult ! But otherwise a great stay!

• 18th Dec 2015
  • South Africa

Nice staff, great location

Best hostel I've ever stayed in, easily. Staff made me feel at home and were all very interesting and interested in getting to know the guests.

Not easy to find with the instructions given. First good impression of the place with subsequent days became gradually poor. For starters, the doing laundry is with unreasonable conditions for the price one pays to stay. Random people appear to be sleeping in the common room when one has breakfast. Are they paying customers? Who knows. The Purple room is unsleepable due to road noise. The icing to the cake was the use of rooms to hang their washed linen to save money.

The toilet is in an incredibly odd place. Also the rooms don't have locks on the door, which is kinda odd. All that said, its a good place

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4