Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

Very cool hostel, really close to the Port so very easy to get everywhere around Marseille. Only potential issue is the fact that there is only one toilet in the Hostel, however this didn't turn out to be a problem at all during our stay, was simple enough to wait for it. The 5 euro community dinner on offer each night is an absolute bargain as well, an excellent way to get to know the other guests and staff.

It was a very friendly hostel that had lots to offer. You were able to rent everything you needed for the beach and had great suggestions on what to do everyday. Did not really have much to do in the city but location was awesome and close to the port.

This was perfectly located next to the old port. I felt safe and the place was very clean. The only downside was the one toilet that was shared by the entire hostel. As you can imagine it was always busy and needed a good cleaning with bleach! Overall though it's one of my favorite hostels I've ever stayed at during my travels. Very nice staff and perfect location! I would stay there again!

• 10th Jul 2014

A great atmosphere in a good location. The group dinner feels like family, which was a nice surprise. Felt very secure, though the limited number of toilets and showers was a bit of a shame. Would definitely go back!

The Spanish chef Paola is an absolute legend! She cooks great homemade dishes for a decent price and is simply awesome. However All the staff are great and the hostel is fantastic, not to big not to small caters for everyone. Must see Cassini beach while you are there. Cheers for a great time!!

Excellent location. Staff was not too enthusiastic to help, but it was ok. Great showers, but only one toilet for all the hosts, so we had to queu for long.

We enjoyed the hostel for most of our stay, except for when we were kicked out of our rooms while the staff cleaned it. We understand that the staff needed to clean the room and we were very appreciative that they were so thorough (laundry, mopping, trash, etc.), but we did not like that we were told to leave the room while it was being cleaned, especially since we paid for the room.

• 6th Jul 2014

The only thing I resent is that it doesn't have a lift there!!!! The hostel is on third floor!!! You will dye because of your luggage.

The location of the hostel couldn't be better. Great common area and a very friendly staff. Perfect for people who are traveling alone.

• 30th Jun 2014
  • Serbia

Really nice and cosy. The staff are all very friendly and live at the hostel. We went out for a mountain walk with some locals, other tourists and the owner himself and it was really nice. The hostel is quite small and quiet, so if you´re not fussed on the bar then it´s a great place. Right near the water!

The hostel is in a great location for exploring Marseille & beyond. I only stayed one night but the rooms were bright, airy and spacious. Only one toilet as far as I saw but I didn't have any problems with it being busy. Great, knowledgable staff who are willing to help. Cedric accompanied us on a hike in the Calanques and he was great company.

This place had so much potential but I found the staff to be cold

Was a lovely and friendly hostel with very helpful staff and excellent facilities. One area for improvement would be that the wifi would work on iPhones

Overall a good hostel. Great atmosphere among travellers, excellent location, security & good wifi. For 17 euro a night it´s a great place in the middle of the city. The only thing i would say is that some (not all) the staff are a little odd. It sometimes felt as though questions were a little too much trouble, & it felt like you were interrupting them hanging out - in the common room, in the kitchen, using the hostel communal internet. Just felt a little weird since we were paying to be there.

The hostell is small but quite nice and comfortable. It offers an atmosphere that will make you feel like home. The staff is friendly and is close to the Vieux Port, the most turistic place in Marseille, and 15-20 min walking from the bus stop to visit the Calanques. However, is a little far from the train station (30 min walking,specially if carrying suitcases), but you can take the metro, only one station and 10 min walk.

• 22nd Jun 2014
  • Mexico

The building smells damp and wet when you walk in, and the staff weren't local French so didn't really know the city transportation and sites that well, IMO. The rooms didn't have air conditioning, and the mattresses were very uncomfortable (with duct tape on mine), and some of the sheets had stains on them. There was also only one toilet, though to be fair the showers were remodeled and quite nice. The location is great, only a few minutes from two different metro stops.

Great location near the Vieux Port! Staff very friendly and helpful especially Hilda! Very clean kitchen and bathrooms! Lovely sunny common area! Highly recommended

good for a stop over, good location, only one toilet. People are nice and helpful.

To be completely honest, my stay was pretty awful mainly because of the staff. I've stayed at many hostels and the people that work there (except for two) were extremely rude and made me feel like I was a burden. I really enjoyed the location but I wouldn't go back if the same people were working.

• 19th Jun 2014

Only one toilet for the whole hostel, makes no sense. The staff were very nice and helpful. The lounge was a nice place to hang out and meet other travellers

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4