Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

This is a great space and the staff are fantastic. They work hard to create a sense of community. The community dinners are offered at cost and the food is plentiful and tasty. It is a hostel and the noise is sometimes a bit much late into the night. The only negative thing that I would say is that one toilet for 24 people is a bit rough in the morning. If they could squeeze in a second WC, that would make it perfect.

I don't often take the time to write reviews but I had to share with everyone my experience at Hello Marseille. Absolutely wonderful hostel. Great atmosphere, perfectly well located and very friendly staff. Paul is the man and Eliz is wonderful, everyone made sure all guests were happy. Thank you!

The staff is absolutely awesome here!! And it's very close To the vieux port and the train station. I happened to book At the same time as a few people and the website couldn't Update fast enough so I actually didn't have a bed, but the Staff were so awesome they set me up a bed in the living Room and let it be a private room after 11pm. They also make A great breakfast in the morning. Good place!

Its a very nice environment, people hang out very well. Even if you have forgotten bathing items, no need to worry. You will get one if you request them. Bed is comfortable. Overall a good place to stay.

Great hostel! Staff are fab and always have tips on what to do and where to go. Communal dinners are such a good idea, real home away from home feel. An extra loo would be the only bonus, but in an old building that can't be helped! Amazing location too, just back from the old port x

We had a really good time in Hello Marseille Hostel. We definitely enjoyed our stay there, not just because of the perfect Location in the city but also because of the nice and friendly staff. You can even have a chat with them at night when you cant´t sleep ;). It´s also quite nice that they have a board on which they give you information about the current weather, special events in the city and recommend thinks you can do :). It really was a nice stay!

• 26th Apr 2015

It was a lovely stay in HelloMarseille. Crazy and friendly staff :) It felt like home to me. Perfect for girls travelling alone. Best Hostel I've ever been to.

• 26th Apr 2015

it was a fantastic stay at a prime location, the staff were lovely and very helpful. I met lots of people also travelling through, excellent .

Great staff and awesome location. Felt like home. Only thing would be to install another toilet and finish all the locker doors but all in all it was a great stay!

a great place

Excellent

• 20th Apr 2015

Cool stuff and a friendly atmosphere

The bed was comfy. A lot of noise coming from the road during the night, bring ear plugs. Did not like that no lockers available for use in the room. Aparently the last person that was in the room had broken it. The free breakfast was nice, but the kitchen was not that clean. The garbage needed to be thrown out. The staff were friendly and fairly helpful with directions.

Old building. No lift.

• 10th Apr 2015

I had a really lovely stay here. The staff are friendly and there is a sense of community with the other travelers. The location is really great! My only complaint is that there was just one toilet for 18 people. But it is a small hostel, so they don't have much space for multiple stalls.

• 10th Apr 2015

A few issues (Stains on the sheets, no door on the lockers, no reading light), but ace location and the building itself reminded me of French movies.

Many thanks!

• 2nd Apr 2015

There's only one washroom but I found that I was alright as most people have different schedules. Common room is great but expect to be quiet after 11pm. The staff is very friendly and helpful! Lots of resources available to plan activities. The location is excellent (5 minute walk to Vieux Porte) and rooms are spacious!

This place was the chilliest! Staff were super nice. Beds were comfy. We were the perfect distance from everywhere we wanted to go. Simple breakfast was included, jams were delicious and you've got patisseries and supermarkets all around. Stay here! It's been one of our favourites :)

I'm not entirely sure how this hostel won so many awards, the facilities available are pretty poor. There's two showers and only one toilet for everyone, there's very limited security, anyone can just walk into your room, and the rooms have one PowerPoint for everyone and pillows that are not even worth using. I was under the impression this would be a great hostel but was rather disappointed. The only good thing is it's proximity to the port. One of my worst hostel experiences for the price

• 18th Mar 2015