Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

Congratulacions to all the team!

Such a friendly atmosphere, best hostel I've stayed in !

• 21st Jul 2015

I am never one to complain, and I am always fair when writing a review. Cons: Some of the locker doors were missing in my room meaning our bags were left out. There's also no room locks. Staff were average besides one Australian lad who was really helpful. Only one toilet (smells bad) and two showers. Kitchen was okay but smelled. No A/C so rooms were unbearable. The washed bed sheets were dried off the side of bunk beds. Washing clothes is costly (7 euro to wash and dry) Pro's:location

• 20th Jul 2015

Very nice location (3 min walk to the old port). The facilities is average: only one shared bathroom and 2 shower rooms. Not everybody get a plug on each bed for charging. But I like the fact that this hostel is completely run by volunteers and I even met two volunteers from the same city. Free breakfast provided.

Good location near the vieux port and beach. Fairy relaxed vibes most of the time and easy to meet people in the nice common room. The staff were friendly and helpful. No power points near some of the beds and it also was terribly hot at night - but apart from that I enjoyed this place and feel it was pretty good value for marseille.

Excellent hostel. Trulyeases genuine culture, which you can spot a mile away. Good utilities, fantastic location, amazing staff. Took us on a hike to the national park the day after I arrived - the Swedish girl is an amazing tour guide - very informative. Meredith was also incredible, adhering to every need I or any other customer wanted: She took on my issues as her own, making me feel very comfortable with everything. English girl is lovely and very helpful. Aussie worker is pretentious

• 9th Jul 2015

Was a really welcoming hostel, all the staff were friendly and helpful. Nice atmosphere, not too far from the port and a 15/20 minute walk from a nice beach. We had a community dinner one night cooked by the staff too which was lovely!! Only downside was only 1 toilet for all the rooms but other than that we enjoyed our stay and would definitely go back!!!! :))

This hostel , while secure from the street with a buzz-in system, wasn't secure at all inside. The rooms don't have any locks on the doors and in my room (mixed dorm for 6 people) there were only two lockers. There is also only one toilet for the whole hostel. I definitely wouldn't recommend this hostel.

This hostel is amazing! Everyone was nice and although it was a small hostel, I really enjoyed my stay. The people were nice, the accommodations did the job, and they have a kitchen to cook in which is awesome if you travel on a budget.

• 2nd Jul 2015

Everything was great!

I don't usually leave comments but this hostel was amazing and by far the best which I have stayed in. The staff are lovely and with a free breakfast, 'family' meals and all the cooking equipment you could want the kitchen is great. The beds are soft and I was even given an extra pillow. There is a good room for socialising giving the hostel a nice atmosphere.

Nice hostel with friendly and helpful staff. Amazing location! Only one bathroom for the whole hostel to share though which was a slight downside. Wifi was good though and they had a kitchen and also offered cooked meals. Would stay again :)

i realy fall in love with marseille, its a kind of city of dreams... and i born in RIO and a lot of people call of "cidade maravilhosa" poor fellas they dont know Marseille. by the way Hello Marseille is realy nice, the staf is so lovely, and everything is nice for me, sure i will be back. little little bad things, one bath and shower for all costumers can be dangerous. the "cooktop" dont works well, but the comunity dinner is amazing and always smells good. thanks a lot all staf at Hello Mar

Thanks you this awesome stay in your hostel! It was a pleasure to meet you guys and thanks a lot for your hospitality! Hope to see you soon! Sabrina

• 20th Jun 2015
  • Switzerland

I enjoyed my time in Hello Marseille Hostel. It's really cheap and very well centered. It's just one minute walk to Old Port. The staff is informative. It's also good that there are just 20 people are staying there so you'll have more space than average youth hostels in Europe. I'll definitely stay there again when I go back to Marseille.

Hm great except only has one toilet in the hostel

Great Hostel, very nice people who work there. Freedom all through the hostel, 24/7 possibilty to come in and out, nice kitchen and amazing atmosphere.

• 18th Jun 2015

This was a great hostel! You could be social if you wanted to be but the hostel also allowed for quiet and relaxing nights. The location was fantastic and the staff was very helpful. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it for anyone interested.

• 17th Jun 2015

Only one toilette for 25 guests!

Hostel was extremely friendly and awesome.

• 13th Jun 2015