Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

uncomplicated, clean, very well located and nice staff- everything a hostel needs. only shortage: just one toilette and one shower (other was under maintenance) for about 15 guests plus staff.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great location, great facilities (including good kitchen) but breakfast was just bread, butter and jam. (But it is free) Only 1 toilet in the entire hostel so that was frequently dirty and smelly (no window in the toilet room) although they cleaned it everyday. Staff super friendly and great advice on what to do in Marsaille. Would stay again even with the bad breakfast and toilet.

Small hostel, friendly staff and great location. Only one shower and toilet but seems to work out for everyone. Thanks for a nice stay!

Great for a friendly place to stay. Not a 'party hostel' for anyone looking for a really lively experience but doesn't claim to be and still plenty of young travellers. Excellent hostel though.

• 6th Apr 2014

definitely my favorite hostel ever!!! I don't even think about taking another one whenever I go to Marseille. The only disadvantage is that apparently I'm not the only person who thinks so and it is difficult to find a place available in the hostel ;)

Nice place to stay. A very friendly atmosphere. Staff is very helpfull. Good big lockers under the bunk beds. The only thing not so good is the only toilet. The place is not that big but still it's not easy to find it free and most of all to keep it always clean. Although the showers (in another division) were quite nice. I would go back there.

Best hostel ever, apart from the toilet ;)

• 31st Mar 2014

This place is awesome! Clean. Good kitchen. Great staff. Great location. 24 hour reception. Great setup for meeting other travelers. One warning: the common area is right next to the sleeping area, so bring earplugs as it can get a little loud if guests are rowdy/come back late.

Very simple and very cheap, yet perfectly satisfying! :)

• 26th Mar 2014

The staff was so welcoming and friendly and all the other backpackers were so fun to hang out with! The hostel is in the best location, barely even a two minute walk to the port. If you are staying in marseille, definitely stay at this hostel!

• 26th Mar 2014

A weird place but really cheap and quite charming.

When I had to return to the hostel and they had no beds, the girl at the front desk (her name escapes me) got on the phone immediately, and in about a half hour I was checking into another nearby hostel. Not only was it cheaper, but it put me closer to the St. Charles train station. The service of the Hello Marseille hostel was probably the best of my whole trip to Marseille.

• 25th Mar 2014

It´s a great hostel, with an amazing staff and really well located! I strongly recommend it! The only downside is that there´s just one toilet and also the community breakfast could be better, I think people would feel more likely to have breakfast there and contribute with more money.

Hello-Marseille-Backpackers-Hostel is a fun hostel with a real community feel. It is intimate and everyone that works there has a real passion for the place. It attracts for its affordability and character.

So comfortable. an amazing space to gather and meet other travelers (and drink wine and read tarot cards). Everything felt very clean and kitchen was great for cooking full meals. near the port so buying fresh fish and octopus was very easy

• 23rd Mar 2014

I stayed at hellomarseille from 21st to 25th March 2014. I was 100% satisfied with this hostel and will recommend to anyone who looks for a nice stay in Marseille...

• 21st Mar 2014

I enjoyed this hostel a lot. Like everyone else I will complain about the 1 bathroom for the whole hostel. For breakfast you are offered a baguette and some juice, tea, or coffee...some people thought this wasn't enough but I took advantage of it. Overall it was a great hostel, I think for the value you get a price of $17 euros a night would be fairest, but as they are a not for profit I didn't mind paying a little more. The staff are very friendly and helpful as well.

• 2nd Mar 2014

No chairs and no table in the sleeping room, only one toilette for all people that´s not so god

It is a nice place to stay for a few days. The people there are pleasant. They help the costumers in everything.The place is comfortable and the environment really relaxing and amusant.

If you are looking for a cozy, affordable place in the city center be sure to check out Hello Marseille. Even though I stayed only for a short time I liked the atmosphere and feeling of community. One of the staff members was very helpful to tell me all about the place and interesting sights. I got some great advice on what to see and what not. I will surely come back. Keep up the good work!