Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

This place was the chilliest! Staff were super nice. Beds were comfy. We were the perfect distance from everywhere we wanted to go. Simple breakfast was included, jams were delicious and you've got patisseries and supermarkets all around. Stay here! It's been one of our favourites :)

I'm not entirely sure how this hostel won so many awards, the facilities available are pretty poor. There's two showers and only one toilet for everyone, there's very limited security, anyone can just walk into your room, and the rooms have one PowerPoint for everyone and pillows that are not even worth using. I was under the impression this would be a great hostel but was rather disappointed. The only good thing is it's proximity to the port. One of my worst hostel experiences for the price

• 18th Mar 2015

a great place!!! seems like home... :)

This was a good stay until the end. My iPhone was stolen in the middle of the night. The general response to this was very disappointing. Yes, you enter a hostel knowing some "risk", but in the end this is a business where i pay to stay. don't think i got a real "sorry". Room didn't lock, and a staff let in someone they admit they shouldnt have. There was no one at the front desk in the mid of night. unnerving. A staff member whose phone was also stolen did help give some useful info to me.

I had a wonderful stay here! The location was convenient and easy to find. I arrived late at night and there was a staff member working, which is not always the case at hostels. The staff was very friendly and made me feel right at home. I also enjoyed the company of the other travelers. The living area provides a nice area to chat or watch some TV. The dorms were clean and comfortable. Thank you for a wonderful visit!

You saved my stay in Marseille! Keeep up the good work in providing such a simple and low cost sleeping facility. Maybe another day I will have more time to spend at your hostel!

• 23rd Feb 2015

First of all, the instructions on how to get there are terrible. Wifi didn't connect at all for many guests. Only one shower. Some of the staff at reception are not helpful. Apart from all that they have great atmosphere and serve dinner for a great value.

Location is good and the rooms were nice. But you could make a lot of improvments, such as : add more toilets (1 toilet for 24 guests is not enough, especially this close to the kitchen and without window), get a laundry room to hang your wet sheets (hanging them on the occupied bunk beds is not ok), make the lockers work (why did you remove all the doors ?). Also breakfast could be a bit better, and you should not ask donation for that. And staff could be a bit more friendly.

There was only one bathroom for the entire hostel. Disgusting. No lockers.

Positive things- free WiFi and breakfast. Negative things- loooonng list. 1. Located on the 3rd floor with no lift. 2. Only one toilet for the whole hostel. 3. Room next to the reception where the night staff and bunch of other people (who are apparently jobless coz they are in the hostel all day long) keep chatting and laughing till 1 freaking AM so you can't sleep till then. 4. Confusion about the allocation of rooms. What a nightmare!

Very helpful staff and for the price one actually gets good value.

• 13th Feb 2015

The location is great. The staff are very friendly and communicative. I liked the bed I slept and the room too. The breakfast was good and There is coffee and tea available the whole day. The only bad point is that there is only one toilet, the toilet is busy all the time.

I feel soooo cold! They gave me only tiny branket. So I slept with my coat.

whole places closes down for two hours each day for a totally pointless cleaning. there is nowhere to be in the hostel at that time, they may as well kick you out as any time you go in somewhere, they kick you out. stop cleaning so much guys!

The location and price are great, but the toilets, showers and kitchen leave a lot to be desired. Anyway, for that price and not many nights it's a good choice.

• 5th Feb 2015
  • Spain

One of the best times I've had in a hostel! The staff was so nice and I got to meet many people there, it has a common area that is perfect for doing that. Breakfast was also good, it consisted of fruit, bread with butter and/or mermelade, and coffee or tea; a very french breakfast. I would definitely recomend this hostel!

• 4th Feb 2015
  • Costa Rica

Sweet hostel. Really easy to make mates if you are travelling alone or even a group. The staff are super chill and hang out at night.

Cold showers, no fun

Nice stuff,excellent atmosphere,spend a great time at hostel,thank you for everything,best wishes from Denis and Julija :)

• 27th Jan 2015
  • Lithuania

The staff were nice and the location was great. No keys to the building, or your room. 6bed mixed dorm right next to the reception. Anyone can come and go, the room door opens every min or so. It just didn't seem very secure. Drunken man in my dorm vomitted at night because everyone parties everynight. Very noisy. I would not recommend this place to my friends.