Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

This was a great hostel! You could be social if you wanted to be but the hostel also allowed for quiet and relaxing nights. The location was fantastic and the staff was very helpful. I would definitely stay there again and highly recommend it for anyone interested.

• 17th Jun 2015

Only one toilette for 25 guests!

Hostel was extremely friendly and awesome.

• 13th Jun 2015

Very average hostel, only one bathroom though which was odd. The shower was AWFUL. Never got hot water and there was a huge mirror ... The whole scene was just bad. Also, although it wasn't a problem for me cause I had nothing valuable to leave, most of the lockers in my room were broken- door or locking mechanism had come off its hinges.

Great hostel and atmosphere. Near to the best part of the city, the port. The only thing to complain is the lack of more toilet .

the reception propose the lockers with kee for lugages, but the box for depost the lugages in safety was broken!!

• 10th Jun 2015

This was by far the best hostel I stayed at during my eurotour! Super close to the pier and everything is in walkable distance. The staff is young, vibrant and super helpful. Met some fantastic people here and was extremely sad to leave!

Hello Marseille is amazing. The staff is super friendly and helpful with recommendations of what to do each day. It's like staying with a bunch of your friends. Would absolutely stay here again.

One of the best hostels I have ever stayed in. All of the staff members were amazing and more than willing to answer any questions I had. They hung out with the guests and made sure that everyone felt welcome/had a good time. The location was great for all of the sights but would definitely recommend paying the ~€2 to take the metro 2 stops from the train station instead of trying to walk (especially for female travelers). Couldn't have asked for a better stay--thanks!!

Fantastic atmosphere, met so many great people. Great location right by Vieux-Port and the metro, close to many restaurants and attractions. Very clean, amazing staff. Would definitely stay again!

best hostel in the world , staff is so friendly and helpfull, location is perfect port is 3-4 minutes by walking , kitchen is so good , cleanliness is excellent if you are going to marseille you must stay this hostel

Theres is only only toilet for all the hostel so it it quite dirty or busy all the time. The location is good. The hostel is on the third store of a building and as the main door is aways open there is no security at all. I think it was kind of expensive for what it offers. My staying there was ok but if I come back to Marseille, I wont stay here again.

It's was as a pretty chill hostel. I enjoyed my stay but I didn't stay long enough to really appreciate it. Very clean and pretty nice for the size. I would stay here again and I'd recommend it.

Awesome friendly hostel with an amazing lounge and great independent cooperative atmosphere. Everyone was really chill and friendly and the space is well set-up for socializing. No air-conditioning in the rooms, but that seems to be the norm for this part of France, so you can't hold it against them. Shower and toilet facilities were clean, wifi was fast. Located right next to old port and only about a 20 minute walk or 10 minute metro ride from the train station. Great place, hope to come back.

I was initially disappointed by the fact that there was only 1 toilet for everybody en only two showers. In practice it turned out not to be too big a deal, as the amount of guests is not excessive. It was also the fact that there were relatively few guests that general atmosphere was pleasantly imbued with conversation. The staff were very friendly and enthousiastic. The staff is composed of volunteers who get to travel through service, thus it is run by travelers, who share your mentality.

Met some of the most genuine people here... Everything is fantastic: very chill place. Feels like a home.

Hey I had a great time in the hostel . Though I stayed for a night I liked the atmosphere created by the staff. There was an easy going and friendly attitude of the staff which rubbed on to the other travellers. Would totally recommend it for anyone visiting marseilles. Would have loved to stay a few more nights if time permitted. Cheer. Sorry brad it took me a while to write the review .

I think that only one bathroom is not enougth for all the people that are in the hostel. Good and suficient breakfast.

Not as good as expected but still ok, great location.

Good: There was a great ambiance at the hostel and the location is great! think to assist to the commun dinner to taste some good food and have a great moment with the guests and staff! Not so good: windows aren't well isolated and you hear the noise from the street all the night

• 22nd May 2015