Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

No hot water for shower, the facilities and cleanliness need to improve

Loved it!

• 2nd Oct 2015

I was surprised at how clean the facilities were, especially the showers. There was a great lounge/common space for you to meet fellow travellers. The location of the hostel was also awesome as it was very close to the port and buses and restaurants

i just stayed one night but it's quite and good .the location of yhis hostel is a little hard to find beside that everything is fine !

great atmosphere due to nice staff, big+comfy common room and well-equiped kitchen - feels like a shared flat :) they also organize delicious community dinners few times a week for just 5€. Location is great, too. Only downside is that there's just one toilet. Still, I would definitely come again.

This was such a great hostel because it felt like we were staying with friends. There was such a welcoming atmosphere and the staff were amazing at making us part of the family. Community dinner's were a great way to get to know everyone staying in the hostel. The only con was 1 toilet between everyone, which wasn't much of an issue during our stay. I would definitely come back and also recommend to everyone!

The hostel is really near by port.maybe about 5minute??? location is the best place. Good!

This hostel provided something that you can't find in a review, nor something that can be guaranteed. The location was great (though finding it required looking closely at address placards) and the city is unique, but the PEOPLE that worked here astounded me. I don't usually recommend hanging in a hostel when you are traveling, but this staff team was the most entertaining and friendly crew I've ever met while traveling. I hadn't seen this level of kind-hearted and fun in hostel workers before.

We loved the people and the vibe at Hello Marseille! We would definitely love to stay there again and would recommend it to friends!

I felt very confortable at the Pop Hostel. The recepcionist, ¿Fanny?, was súper. I liked very much the nightlight and the little curtain in bed, the living room, the glass of white wine in the evening, and the respect and silence from 10pm.

• 10th Sep 2015
  • Spain

I have never staid in such a good hostel. It was perfect in regard of every characteristics. The staff is very kind, the common area are made to socialize with other passenger, it was cleaned every day. It's also 2min walking from the Vieux Port. In addition to that, the cost of the night is good for Marseille. I also stayed in the hostel London Connection in Marseille, for the same price (+-) I have no doubt about the one I prefered: Hello Hostel.

• 8th Sep 2015
  • Belgium

Nice and cosy hostel with a great location and free breakfast!

• 4th Sep 2015

Very basic no frills hostel. Good family style dinner. Staff and location were good too.

This place was incredible, genuinely felt sad to leave. Staff are amazing, they help you with anything they can and on my first day even arranged a trip to les calanques which was one of the best days of my holiday and Megan (staff member) gave myself and another backpacker a tour around the area too on our way back to the hostel, has a fantastic vibe, great location as its just by the port, its clean and organised! Beds comfortable, security is fine...would go back to Marseille for this hostel!

• 30th Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

Pretty nice hostel. It is quite small and there's room for only 16 people. Clean and comfortable beds, as well as the showers. Good atmosphere but not many facilities. Nevertheless, for the money you're paying it is worth the stay. The best about it: the hostel crew. Sooo nice people, gentle, kind and informed.

The staff and atmosphere at Hello Marseille are excellent. This is not your standard backpackers but more like a big home you come to crash on with a community full of other travellers. Met some lovely travellers to share part of the journey with and enjoyed meeting people over the occasional "community dinner". Staff were really helpful with ideas of what to see and do.

We did not expect a lot from this hostel since it was just a small apartment and fairly cheap, but we had the best day here. Make sure to join the community dinner - the food and atmosphere is amazing. Only one toilet for 24 people but otherwise really fine.

The fact that there is only one toilet is kind of annoying but, apart from it it's all good

Awesome Hostel! 2/6 lockers were broken in our room so we didn’t have any but even though the rooms couldn’t be locked I didn’t mind leaving my stuff there. There is only one toilet that smells very male... maybe some fresh scent would help out with that. But the shower was very good. It felt a bit like home and we really enjoyed our stay!

Couldn't have asked for a better location, a 10 minute walk from the station and literally right next to the old port (main centre of Marseille). The staff were really friendly and the rooms were very spacious. Only criticism was that there was no key for our room so security was lightly poor but having said that, all the rooms wee right next to the reception so the receptionist kept guard. Would definitely stay there again!