Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

Lovely staff. Cozy, comfortable hostel. Central Location. Highly recommended for a relaxed, local experience.

The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere there was like a family's as everyone in the hostel gets to know each other very well. This hostel is more simple than others I have stayed at but it was the best experience! Having only one common room means you can interact with other guests nicely. Also, the location is excellent and close to the best things to see in Marseille! Definitely recommend, and I would certainly come back here.

• 8th May 2014

The only problem was the toillet, they only have one WC for women and men and it has a terrible smell, everyday. Beds and rooms good, great location.

The staff and people were great, but there was no lock on the bedroom door (though there were lockers inside) and no lock on the main door. There was only one bathroom to be shared for the whole hostel, which was never an issue in terms of lines, but did make it sometimes look a little questionable. Shower options were fine and there were more. The kitchen was big and really nice, as was the common room. The front door was very hard to find though...

Our door is metal-blindage ... how come it would not have a lock? Also, we have very good security, identifying everybody entering the building, so that inside we don't need keys. Each guest has a large locker where 2 big luggages can enter easily. The rest is about meeting other travellers and exchange about cultures and trips. We have 3 showers, and one more mini-bathroom. Only one toilet, could not find place for a second one. Thanks for sharing your comment!

I think the toilet could use an air freshener.

Merciiii ! Thanks for your support, and very glad you liked our project! Our non-profit organisation is specially proud of the good job done by our volunteers who come from all around the world to manage the hostel "for travellers by travellers" :) Kind regards, and see you again in Marseille! (toilet: we try to burn encens as often as possible, and clean thoroughly everyday ... )

I really liked staying here. Great common room where you can eat, hang out and use the wifi. Good kitchen, clean with all facilities. Nice rooms with lockers for a 5 euro deposit. Only thing that migjt be a problem is that there is only one toilet, but I never saw a line and never had to wait. One the other hand they jave several bathrooms with showers and sinks, even some rooms with just sinks where you can brush your teeth and change.Great location aswell, highly recommend!

Good location, somewhat friendly staff. The hostel seemed to be under renovation when I stayed there.

This is a great place smack-bang in the middle of Vieux Port in Marseille. You have easy access to the Metro and Busses 19 and 21 which take you to the breathtaking Les Calanques! The hostel is small but this is what makes it unique. I was lucky to have a 5E dinner made by one of the guests. Tres Bon! Thank you also to Delilah and Ellie.

Hostel is normal, is clean, not too organized, and the breakfast is not really included in the price. They buy same bread and croissants and ask for a contibution for the breakfast. I think is not fair to say that the breakfast is included, they shoul explain better in the site. The location is perfect

I like the hostel, the staffs are nice and the cutlery are good. The best thing is the common room in the hostel which you can meet people or watch movies Even though the water in the shower is not strong and there is no elevator, it still one of the best hostels in Marseille.

in a 6-single bed there was one more bed as it were a double bed and a couple was sleeping there. If i am paying for a 6-bed room i would like to have a 6-bed room, not one more double bed. Even if it is a mixed room i really was upset of seeing that and of sleeping there. I have never seen such a thing in the many hostels i have been. I really do not reccomend this hostel and if i have friends taht will go to marseille i am gonna advise them NOT to go there.

We are a youth hostel, humble and down to earth. The project is non-profit ran by volunteers from everywhere in the world. We concentrate on giving good quality for a cheap price (cheapest in town for Youth Hostel Crad holders). We have 6-Beds rooms, one being a double bed. Sometimes there are 6 people, one having a large double bed, and sometimes there are 7 persons. Specially in summer, we try not to let people in the streets when everything is full. Sorry if it disturbed you.

The place was nice and the guy who checked me in was very nice and explained everything about the facilities. He also gave me some nice recommendations which I appreciated a lot. The common room was very nice too. It was nice having a locker. I always appreciate that. No real complaints about the hostel itself.

Overall, this is a very good hostel. It is clean and in a very good location, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and they have a good knowledge of the area. One concern was the security as there are no locks on the dorm doors. This would be ok if the actual access to the hostel was better. I was assured that there was always somebody to answer the door personally but on two occasions the door was open with nobody there to see who it was. Also, only one toilet for over 20 guests!

best hostel ever!

• 15th Apr 2014

uncomplicated, clean, very well located and nice staff- everything a hostel needs. only shortage: just one toilette and one shower (other was under maintenance) for about 15 guests plus staff.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great location, great facilities (including good kitchen) but breakfast was just bread, butter and jam. (But it is free) Only 1 toilet in the entire hostel so that was frequently dirty and smelly (no window in the toilet room) although they cleaned it everyday. Staff super friendly and great advice on what to do in Marsaille. Would stay again even with the bad breakfast and toilet.

Small hostel, friendly staff and great location. Only one shower and toilet but seems to work out for everyone. Thanks for a nice stay!

Great location just down the road from the old port. Hostel is on the 4th floor no elevator and occupies one floor. I was uncomfortable with the fact that there were no locks on the doors so anyone could come into our room at any time. Also there was only one bathroom for all the guests and two showers. Not enough if the hostel is full and there are 24 people staying. Other than that this place is fine. Full kitchen to cook your meals and helpful front desk staff.

I enjoyed my stay at hello marseille, hostel was clean and tidy, good wifi and a good location being only 5 min walk from the port

Great for a friendly place to stay. Not a 'party hostel' for anyone looking for a really lively experience but doesn't claim to be and still plenty of young travellers. Excellent hostel though.