Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

Great location just down the road from the old port. Hostel is on the 4th floor no elevator and occupies one floor. I was uncomfortable with the fact that there were no locks on the doors so anyone could come into our room at any time. Also there was only one bathroom for all the guests and two showers. Not enough if the hostel is full and there are 24 people staying. Other than that this place is fine. Full kitchen to cook your meals and helpful front desk staff.

I enjoyed my stay at hello marseille, hostel was clean and tidy, good wifi and a good location being only 5 min walk from the port

Great for a friendly place to stay. Not a 'party hostel' for anyone looking for a really lively experience but doesn't claim to be and still plenty of young travellers. Excellent hostel though.

definitely my favorite hostel ever!!! I don't even think about taking another one whenever I go to Marseille. The only disadvantage is that apparently I'm not the only person who thinks so and it is difficult to find a place available in the hostel ;)

Nice place to stay. A very friendly atmosphere. Staff is very helpfull. Good big lockers under the bunk beds. The only thing not so good is the only toilet. The place is not that big but still it's not easy to find it free and most of all to keep it always clean. Although the showers (in another division) were quite nice. I would go back there.

Best hostel ever, apart from the toilet ;)

• 31st Mar 2014

This place is awesome! Clean. Good kitchen. Great staff. Great location. 24 hour reception. Great setup for meeting other travelers. One warning: the common area is right next to the sleeping area, so bring earplugs as it can get a little loud if guests are rowdy/come back late.

This hostel could not have a better location. The staff are very helpful, and truly believe in the mission of the hostel. The group dinners and open common areas are great for those traveling alone to meet new people. Marseille is magical and this hostel is just as charming.

Very simple and very cheap, yet perfectly satisfying! :)

• 26th Mar 2014

The staff was so welcoming and friendly and all the other backpackers were so fun to hang out with! The hostel is in the best location, barely even a two minute walk to the port. If you are staying in marseille, definitely stay at this hostel!

• 26th Mar 2014

A weird place but really cheap and quite charming.

When I had to return to the hostel and they had no beds, the girl at the front desk (her name escapes me) got on the phone immediately, and in about a half hour I was checking into another nearby hostel. Not only was it cheaper, but it put me closer to the St. Charles train station. The service of the Hello Marseille hostel was probably the best of my whole trip to Marseille.

• 25th Mar 2014

It´s a great hostel, with an amazing staff and really well located! I strongly recommend it! The only downside is that there´s just one toilet and also the community breakfast could be better, I think people would feel more likely to have breakfast there and contribute with more money.

Hello-Marseille-Backpackers-Hostel is a fun hostel with a real community feel. It is intimate and everyone that works there has a real passion for the place. It attracts for its affordability and character.

So comfortable. an amazing space to gather and meet other travelers (and drink wine and read tarot cards). Everything felt very clean and kitchen was great for cooking full meals. near the port so buying fresh fish and octopus was very easy

• 23rd Mar 2014

I stayed at hellomarseille from 21st to 25th March 2014. I was 100% satisfied with this hostel and will recommend to anyone who looks for a nice stay in Marseille...

• 21st Mar 2014

Merciiii ! Thanks for your support, and very glad you liked our project! Our non-profit organisation is specially proud of the good job done by our volunteers who come from all around the world to manage the hostel "for travellers by travellers" :) Kind regards, and see you again in Marseille!

1 2 3 4 Next » last »