Hello Marseille Hostel Reviews

12, rue de Breteuil, Marseille, France

I like the hostel, the staffs are nice and the cutlery are good. The best thing is the common room in the hostel which you can meet people or watch movies Even though the water in the shower is not strong and there is no elevator, it still one of the best hostels in Marseille.

in a 6-single bed there was one more bed as it were a double bed and a couple was sleeping there. If i am paying for a 6-bed room i would like to have a 6-bed room, not one more double bed. Even if it is a mixed room i really was upset of seeing that and of sleeping there. I have never seen such a thing in the many hostels i have been. I really do not reccomend this hostel and if i have friends taht will go to marseille i am gonna advise them NOT to go there.

We are a youth hostel, humble and down to earth. The project is non-profit ran by volunteers from everywhere in the world. We concentrate on giving good quality for a cheap price (cheapest in town for Youth Hostel Crad holders). We have 6-Beds rooms, one being a double bed. Sometimes there are 6 people, one having a large double bed, and sometimes there are 7 persons. Specially in summer, we try not to let people in the streets when everything is full. Sorry if it disturbed you.

The place was nice and the guy who checked me in was very nice and explained everything about the facilities. He also gave me some nice recommendations which I appreciated a lot. The common room was very nice too. It was nice having a locker. I always appreciate that. No real complaints about the hostel itself.

Overall, this is a very good hostel. It is clean and in a very good location, the staff are extremely friendly and helpful and they have a good knowledge of the area. One concern was the security as there are no locks on the dorm doors. This would be ok if the actual access to the hostel was better. I was assured that there was always somebody to answer the door personally but on two occasions the door was open with nobody there to see who it was. Also, only one toilet for over 20 guests!

best hostel ever!

• 15th Apr 2014

Merciiii ! Thanks for your support, and very glad you liked our project! Our non-profit organisation is specially proud of the good job done by our volunteers who come from all around the world to manage the hostel "for travellers by travellers" :) Kind regards, and see you again in Marseille!

uncomplicated, clean, very well located and nice staff- everything a hostel needs. only shortage: just one toilette and one shower (other was under maintenance) for about 15 guests plus staff.

• 12th Apr 2014

Great location, great facilities (including good kitchen) but breakfast was just bread, butter and jam. (But it is free) Only 1 toilet in the entire hostel so that was frequently dirty and smelly (no window in the toilet room) although they cleaned it everyday. Staff super friendly and great advice on what to do in Marsaille. Would stay again even with the bad breakfast and toilet.

Small hostel, friendly staff and great location. Only one shower and toilet but seems to work out for everyone. Thanks for a nice stay!

Great location just down the road from the old port. Hostel is on the 4th floor no elevator and occupies one floor. I was uncomfortable with the fact that there were no locks on the doors so anyone could come into our room at any time. Also there was only one bathroom for all the guests and two showers. Not enough if the hostel is full and there are 24 people staying. Other than that this place is fine. Full kitchen to cook your meals and helpful front desk staff.

I enjoyed my stay at hello marseille, hostel was clean and tidy, good wifi and a good location being only 5 min walk from the port

Great for a friendly place to stay. Not a 'party hostel' for anyone looking for a really lively experience but doesn't claim to be and still plenty of young travellers. Excellent hostel though.

definitely my favorite hostel ever!!! I don't even think about taking another one whenever I go to Marseille. The only disadvantage is that apparently I'm not the only person who thinks so and it is difficult to find a place available in the hostel ;)

Nice place to stay. A very friendly atmosphere. Staff is very helpfull. Good big lockers under the bunk beds. The only thing not so good is the only toilet. The place is not that big but still it's not easy to find it free and most of all to keep it always clean. Although the showers (in another division) were quite nice. I would go back there.

Best hostel ever, apart from the toilet ;)

• 31st Mar 2014

This place is awesome! Clean. Good kitchen. Great staff. Great location. 24 hour reception. Great setup for meeting other travelers. One warning: the common area is right next to the sleeping area, so bring earplugs as it can get a little loud if guests are rowdy/come back late.

This hostel could not have a better location. The staff are very helpful, and truly believe in the mission of the hostel. The group dinners and open common areas are great for those traveling alone to meet new people. Marseille is magical and this hostel is just as charming.

Very simple and very cheap, yet perfectly satisfying! :)

• 26th Mar 2014

The staff was so welcoming and friendly and all the other backpackers were so fun to hang out with! The hostel is in the best location, barely even a two minute walk to the port. If you are staying in marseille, definitely stay at this hostel!

• 26th Mar 2014

A weird place but really cheap and quite charming.

When I had to return to the hostel and they had no beds, the girl at the front desk (her name escapes me) got on the phone immediately, and in about a half hour I was checking into another nearby hostel. Not only was it cheaper, but it put me closer to the St. Charles train station. The service of the Hello Marseille hostel was probably the best of my whole trip to Marseille.

• 25th Mar 2014