Hello Sofia

Fabulous 129 Total Reviews

• New Zealand, Female, 18-24
13th Aug 2017
6.3

This hostel is fine for a few days but there is no atmosphere. I had arranged with the hostel for a transfer from the airport in their emails they'd said my transfer was '100% confirmed' so imagine my surprise upon landing at Sofia to be forgotten about and told that I'd have to find my own way there... on a positive note the location is pretty good - everything is with in walking distance.

Hello, thank you for your opinion, although there are few inaccuracies. First of all we are not a hostel but Guesthouse. This is written everywhere including the information that we are not a property with social atmosphere, but for people who need more privacy. Please read before booking. Secondly you were not "forgotten", but as explained, the driver experience some technical problem with the car during his way to the Airport. We completaly assist you further with the transport. Actually we arrange a car for you and gave you the Airport booth name to take it form. Thank you

28th Jul 2017

This property falls more in the category of hotel than hostel, so atmosphere is not something to consider here. The value is too good for what is offered, with everything so clean and comfortable. Initially we were set in a room that was smaller and we didn't even notice, but the manager came and explained the situation, moving us the next day to the bigger room, so we respect that. Only real con is the fact that they don't speak too much english, but we could manage well anyway. Would recommend

Dear Guests, thank you for your good opinion and rating. We are happy to see that you prise our effort.

• Turkey, Male, 31-40
21st Jul 2017
6.9

If you are the kind of traveler that books an extra day for a late checkout, this guest house will be out of the convenience zone. They charge you 30 levas for the key deposit, but their staff leaves at 8 PM on Sundays. So if you are to checkout on the evening, you will not be able to find anyone to reclaim your key deposit.

This is why during arrival you announce in advance your check-out time. According the information given, if you check out early in the morning we returning the deposit from previous day. We are sorry that you decide to change your check-out time with earlier hour in last minute, but as you know we arranged this too!

18th Jul 2017

Clean, good value for money. Would stay here again!

Thank you for review left, we appreciate your opinion.

• Slovakia, Male, 41+
28th Jun 2017

Good hostel for good price.

• England, Male, 18-24
20th Jun 2017

First Impression is not good, building not in great shape, BUT once you find the place and come in, it is PERFECT. Hosts are very nice, and I had a couple of chats with them, that really contributed to my knowledge of Bulgarian history. I would not hesitate to go back there.

• Germany, Male, 31-40
25th May 2017
6.6

Hello Sofia is a no frills kind of place. It's central--a short walk from all of Sofia's sights. Other perks are that the room was very clean. The bathroom ventilation/drainage weren't quite up to their task, internet was a bit unreliable, and interactions were very matter-of-fact.

• England, Female, 25-30
8th Apr 2017

Hello Sofia guesthouse was a great place to stay to see Bulgaria's capital- I'd highly recommend it & I'd definitely stay there again. I walked to the centre from the guest house in about 20 minutes, & was able to take the metro to/from the airport, which made the journey really simple. The staff are kind & helpful, & even accommodated my late arrival. The atmosphere was quiet & peaceful, which is exactly what I wanted, & my room was comfortable & clean. I'd happily visit again!

• England, Male, 25-30
24th Mar 2017
7.1

Good value for money hostel within 15 minutes walk of major sights. Would recommend for groups of friends traveling together, but is perhaps a bit quiet if you're solo.

×