Hello Sofia Reviews

12 Stefan Stambolov Str, Sofia, Sofia, Bulgaria

Superb location and clean with a friendly host who would attend to problems such as Wi-Fi not working. However little natural night coming in (in the part I stayed in) and very poor lighting mean that the hostel is exceedingly gloomy. And its situation off the main street down an alley that seems just as dark in the daytime as at night make it initially rather uninviting. I would rate it 6 out of 10 rising to 8 or 9 if the lighting had been better.

• 18th Oct 2015

We took a quiet doubleroom called "brown room", which was nicely renovated and had a separate bathroom. The pressure on the tap was way too strong and not to be regulated and after showering, the whole bathroom was wet. The room's size was small, but ok and the common kitchen seemed clean. Unfortunately, the house is very old and needs renovation.The staff was two elderly women with poor english, but friendly though.

Thank you for the opinion left. The water pressure can be easy regulated by you from the faucet - new high quality Grohe brand, which working easy and smooth! The room size is 15sq.m and we think that this is enough for budget accommodation property in the top center of the city. All around us there are hotels with bigger rooms - triple and quadruple time of our price. We can not renovate house outside since it is a architectural monument and belong to the municipality of Sofia

The rooms are great but would benefit from mosquito nets of some kind... On checkout there were some girls who the female host had made cry over some dispute. She then threatened to charge me for a squashed mosquito stain on my bedding! Absolute joke, it seemed she was trying to rip-off anyone and everyone.

Hostel was refurbished, room was huge for two people and very clean! The hostel booked us a trip to the Rila monastery and the Boyana church with a private car and it cost €50 for two people for all day. (The same as it costs to go in a minibus.) The man who took us was an absolute gem! Only issue was having to pay a damage deposit and then being charged for a toilet seat breaking in a shared bathroom (they shared be cost amongst the whole floor) and having to pay €5 to leave our bags after 3pm.

It was all nice and clean, the staff was friendly and not comlicated. I enjoyed my stay and will go to Hello Sofia again, when I come to Bulgaria a second time.

• 28th Jul 2015

I chose to go to this hostel due to its high rating on website and it did not disappoint. Here, you have the best of everything, with accomodating and friendly staff, great location and very good price. It also has one of the softest beds I've ever experienced at a hostel!

++ The guesthouse Hello Sofia is located close o the city centre. You can reach everything by walking 5-10 minutes. Inside the guesthouse it´s very clean, comfortable and all facilities seem to be new and modern. -- When we arrived in Sofia they pretended nothing to know about our reservation, although we got confirmation letter. We didn´t got the room from the reservation and had to pay a higher price than it was written in the E-Mail! All in all the stuff worked NONPROFESSIONAL.

Very close to the center of the city, and not too far from the metro line. The staff were very friendly. The room was very spacious but didn't have much furniture in it. Our room faced the street essentially at ground level, though, so we could see and hear a lot of what was happening outside (which wasn't too noisy, thankfully).

The room I stayed in was newly remodeled. It was very clean and comfortable. The staff was kind and gave advice and directions. It is also close to the metro and easy to reach the train or bus station. This is not a hostel and does not have the social atmosphere of a hostel. If you are looking for a quiet, comfortable place to stay in Sofia, this is a good one.

Myself and my partner enjoyed our brief stay. The 'hostel' is much more typical f a british b&b (without breakfast) than a dorm style hostel. Well suited to us 40 somethings, spotless and full of character The host was friendly, helpful and welcoming, accommodating every request.

View all Sofia Bed and Breakfasts