Hello WOW Reviews

25 Opal Crescent, Off Serangoon Road, Singapore, Singapore

Good place to stay if you want to stay cheap. The hostel guy is polite and the place is not dirty. Like other hostels in SG at the check in you're asked for a 30 Singapore dollars key deposit in case you lose or damage the keys you are given, these money are given back as you check out. Last thing: you cannot wear any shoes or slippers inside. In the end it was a pretty good staying for the cost it has!

This hostel isnt worth paying one single dollar. There is one indian employee who was keep assulting and harrassing me and other guests. I have never seen such behaviour like that before! Entering the hostel for the first time is a adventure because the door is locked and it happens quite often that there is no one to enter the door. And there is just a bleched out piece of paper attached to the door that says "Hello WOW" to show that this is the hostel. This whole thing is a joke!

• 30th Aug 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

The toilets are okay but some tenants don't flush or wash the toilet after use

• 25th Aug 2014
  • Malaysia

This hostel is a disgrace to Singapore and it shouldn't even exist in the first place. The main entrance is locked all the time and you need to ring the bell from outside. It is not like other hostel where the door is open and there is someone there to serve you. Additional charges of SGD 5 just because I stay only 1 night really big scammer. Ceiling full of spider web and the kitchen near the toilet. Avoid this hostel at all cost even if it's free of charge or else you will regret!!!

Bad service. When booking with HostelWorld you pay 10% of the cost. Anyways, they keep that amount and want to charge it again. It is not a lot of money but they try to scam everyone with that 10%. This is not the rule, its not fair.

• 17th Aug 2014
  • Argentina

It's a small hostel in Singapore, but basically you can find things you need in hostel. it's very clean as well, and max 10 min walk to potang pasir. So it's a good location!

This could be a perfect place if it was not for all the weird rules they have. The pricing is confusing as well. Bad experience in a good place.

Nice place with nice people!

I would like to inform the hostel if they include the breakfast it would be great. Any how the hostel is great and next time if I going to stay in Singapore I prefer to stay there.

• 25th Jul 2014
  • Iran

The (Chinese) staff was alright. However the numerous guests from another Asian 5-letter country were behaving very unreasonable. Quite unpleasant, actually.

Good atmosphere.

The (Chinese) staff was friendly.

I like the bedbunk with 20 because it separated with a triplex so it can cover side to side our bed and we can not see beside our bed.it seems like we sleep in a small room (more privacy) not look like a really dormitory room where i usually stays not such privacy like this.And the a young woman manager is very proffesional in manage this hostel.I stayed for 2 weeks and she very care to our complaining and would do the best for the guest.i will always back to this hostel.

• 18th Jun 2014
  • Indonesia

the manager fang fang was very arroganr,always door bell rings nobody from staff recives we have to go n open the main door.very untidy toilets.a c troubles when we say they says power fluctuations. and on sorry bitter stay.

• 15th Jun 2014
  • India

This is the best hostel i ever stayed. The facility was good fast wifi, clean toilets that u never see at your home too. There is no bed bugs now all cleaned by pest control. People say manager was arrogant she is the best managing person i ever seen.She care for every guest and help them whether its day or night. Some nonsense guest use that words so dont mind it. I know the truth so thats why i write this review to support you.Thanks to the staff for all the comfort they provide.

I m very happy with this hostel. I been to many hostels,yet this is the best out of the best. The staff were friendly n very helpfull. One of the most important i like very much here, its cleanliness. It super clean. Come n experience yourself, surely u ll stay happily everafter.... JYDS.

We had to move beds 3 times the first night as there were bed bugs everywhere. Every bed had them so even after we moved we still had them. The staff didn't care except for one guy who put the light on at 2am and woke everyone up to move us. Asked to move rooms and they said no and just sprayed the bed, but it didn't stop the bed bugs. If they have a spray they know there's bed bugs but aren't doing anything about them! Worst hostel I've ever stayed in. And toilets are in the "kitchen".

• 17th Apr 2014

The beds in the dorm are full of BEDBUGS, i studpidly ignored previous reviews about bedbugs and booked anyway because it was slightly cheaper than others. Each bed has its own little light which when switched off allows lots of bedbugs to crawl out, the walls are covered in smears of blood where people have squished them against the wall. I tried to tell some woman who worked there about the bugs but was ignored. I woke up 3AM with bugs on my face. Pay an extra 2 dollars and stay somewhere else

• 2nd Apr 2014
  • Northern Ireland

everything is good, i love this place

the place is quiet far way from the city but there is a good train connection. the bedrooms (i slept in a dorm) and bathrooms are clean and tidy. the only negative thing for me was that i wanted to check out early in the morning but the guy who is working there only comes in at 11am which was way to late for me. luckily a friendly long term guest managed the check out for me and gave me my key deposit out of his pocket!