HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Nice staff, good value for money, clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, smart keys, and a perfectly ok breakfast. A really good hostel!

• 26th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Our room smelt like musty wet clothes and the smell did not go away for the 3 nights we stayed there

• 25th Jul 2015

Had a great stay here. Location is amazing, only a 10-15 min walk from La Rambla which makes getting around really easy. Facilities were really good (clean bathrooms, charging ports on each bed, good wifi etc). Only downside was often the social atmosphere was a bit lacking (common room felt a bit sterile) but that may have just been because of the people staying at the hostel at the time. However, would definitely recommend the hostel :)

Air con was great!!

• 22nd Jul 2015

The staff was really helpful, and the hostel is in a great area and has a fun environment. The hostel bar is very limited, but it's a nice area to relax. The cleanliness was our only issue - the floors weren't clean at all in our room, so we had to wear bedroom shoes, shower shoes, etc. The shower also shuts off after 15 seconds, and it's annoying to keep hitting the button to continue showering. All in all, we enjoyed our stay!

I had a great stay at HelloBCN. The staff were wonderful and very helpful. I had a great time with them on my first night! The facilities were great. Aircon leaked a bit, but didn't cause me any problems. The atmosphere here is just what I needed. The people are friendly and you're able to spend time with people in the common areas or have time to yourself if you want. Good free breakfast. Shame the wifi doesn't extend to the rooms though.

• 20th Jul 2015

Large hostel with a great, relaxed atmosphere - always people to have a chat with in the common area. Rooms and bathrooms are clean, bedrooms air conditioned and with lockers (and locks) included. Kitchen and plenty of other facilities are available. I would recommend, even as a solo traveller like myself.

Standard hostel, but malfunctioning wifi.

• 17th Jul 2015
  • Sweden

Overall we had a lovely stay at Hello BCN! The staff was friendly for the most part, a few times they seemed to be bothered by our existence but it was only one or two individuals who acted this way and the majority were extremely pleasant. They were always extremely helpful in giving us directions and recommendations for things to go do in Barcelona. The wifi could be better, it does not work in the rooms but it was nice to spend time in the lobby and meet others. Breakfast is pretty pitiful.

Nice hostel, really clean. The bar is a good way to meet people from around the world. Having a big locker for each bed is really practical. I recommend!

This hostel is in a great location, with some nice restaurants and bars nearby. The staff were friendly and the key armbands are a great idea. Would recommend this hostel :)

• 15th Jul 2015

Excellent and friendly staff.. Best hostel in Barcelona. Well located . Amazing experience

• 15th Jul 2015
  • India

A little removed from the tourist areas/ main attractions, but nice overall. Some of the staff was very friendly and outgoing, but others just simple couldn't be bothered.

Best thing was pub craw that you pay once and can go every night! Showers were too small, but other than that very nice,relaxing and clean hostel. Lounge is great.

Good place, great common areas and rooms are not too bad. Good security with your own locker and access card. Showers and beds could be better but if you're only there for a few nights it should be fine.

• 11th Jul 2015

Thee hostel is dirty. The rooms are not cleaned. Since the guests should change the sheets the staff does not check the rooms after the leaving. The smell is quite shocking.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our cleaning staff do clean the rooms each day. Each bed that has a check-out is cleaned. The bathrooms are cleaned several times a day. We do ask guests to bring their sheets down on check-out. Obviously if the guest did not remove their sheets from the bed the sheets are removed by the cleaning staff.

was an alright hostel, staff were mostly helpfull and the rooms all have air con in them which is great, but WiFi was shocking and showers are extreamly annoying to use, reguiring you to depress a button every 30seconds or so to maintain the water running

I enjoyed staying at this hostel and meeting great people. I found that some of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, while others were more stand-offish. Also, I find the rooms to be a bit cramped. I was in an 8-person mixed dorm and the room really smelled badly. This is not the hostel's fault, but the set up of the rooms makes it difficult for air to circulate freely. Keeping the window open was the only way to mitigate this problem, but not all sleepers wanted to keep it open.

Traveling alone, checking in to a new city can be slightly daunting, but I've never felt more at home at a hostel. I made so many great friends, including members of staff, and the social atmosphere is incredible. I can't recommend HelloBCN enough!

Very nice hostel. Helpful staff, great location, cool wristwatch key system for rooms and lockers, and fun pub crawls. The air conditioner in room 501 leaks and I often woke up to water in the floor. Other than that, a very positive experience.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7