HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Was extremely disappointing...

Great Hostel! People and staff were really friendly. The breakfast was a bit small, but it was free so not a big complaint!

• 29th Jan 2016
  • dncastr

Everything was great. My only complaint would be the beds. Even with the slightest move they make so much noise that it wakes you up. And the air conditioners needs cleaning. But other than that, i really enjoyed my staying. Bathrooms were clean and free breakfast was great. Internet connection was also good. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• 16th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

Perfect! Nice friendly atmosphere, the staff is amazing and very welcoming. I like the location of the hostel which is close to the attractions, close to the harbour And close to the Mount Jüice where many parks And a nice view over the city are awaiting. Bed, facilities, breakfast, TV, WiFi, bike rental, laundry, etc.the hostel offers everything a traveller needs.

Auro, the Swiss-italian guy at reception was really lovely, funny and welcoming. Free breakfast was really nice and a good way of meeting people. Really enjoyed the free tour as well and the bar was a good way of getting to know others staying in the hostel. All in all, it was a good experince. I would definitely recommend staying here.

Great hostel! Was really easy to meet people. The location is perfect as it is within walking distance of most places and really close to public transit.

All great, thanks

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Poland

The staff was very friendly. They let us stay at the main areas after our check out time. This price, this service was so good. I recommend this, especially for the friendly people.

• 6th Jan 2016
  • Turkey

Loud, doors slammed, showers barely worked, lights didn't work well, bed were like prison beds and the location is a bit of a walk from anything.

Wonderful hostel experience! Amazing staff. Super friendly. Rooms are spacious. Bathroom and facilities in general fantastic! I would definitely stay again

the staff is so great!

• China

It was a very good experience. Things were all very much in place and did not feel any difficulty at all. The staff was very responsive and helpful.

• India

The staff was generally helpful and fairly friendly, apart from the cleaner. Opened the shower curtains and shouted at me in Spanish WHILE I was still in the shower because I was making the floor wet. Heard her doing that to several people. She also wouldn't let me use the toilets when she was cleaning the shower, even if I went in the bathroom before her (she'd just kick me out). Very loud at night or day. Had trouble sleeping sometimes because both outside and inside the hostel was loud.

• 21st Dec 2015

I have nothing but great things to say. The staff were so welcoming and friendly. The location is good, and the rooms are clean and pretty spacious... enough for sleeping. My favorite part is the common area and bar. Lovely place to meet fellow travelers!

Great place! Had an amazing time here, met people from all over (including the volunteers). Staff very helpful. Free breakfast is great. Lots of extra facilities - good kitchen - and also good tips for restaurants, bars etc. Not really really central but easily walkable in 20 minutes. Would definitely go again.

Loved my time with HelloBCN. just have a few comments about the facilities. Bike hire was awesome, they are hipster style and black and very easy to ride, unlike the city cycle bikes from brisbane city. However I would not promote that you have a gym because honestly it does not have proper equipment, rather its just a spare room. Not necessary for a hostel to have, so maybe just don't promote it or make it usable as its current state is something not worthwhile.

Thanks for the feedback! We're glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Previously the gym was more like a gym with weights machines and exercise bikes, a treadmill etc. But unfortunately people didn't respect the equipment and it became too dangerous to have unsupervised equipment. So we were forced to downscale the gym to what it is today.

Fine for a night or two, but definitely no more that that. For 8 euro a night it was pretty good.

An amazing hostel to stay at! The rooms were fantastic with good beds, clean sheets and individual lockers, bed lights and power points. The staff were super friendly who gave us suggestions of what to do and where to eat. One of the staff members even came out clubbing with us afterwards. The people were great and common area was a good place to relax. The electronic key cards were very handy and the hostel was located quite central and close to a metro line. Best hostel I've stayed at.

• 3rd Dec 2015

They give the most unique key, which is worn like a watch. I really enjoyed this hostel and it was very easy to get around from here. The staff were extremely helpful, providing many recommendations for where to go to see and eat. There were supermarkets nearby and the farmers market wasnt very far away. Their bar is on-point as well. I'll definitely be staying here on my next visit to BCN!

I spended a great time in HelloBCN! Perfect wifi, delicious breakfast, clean rooms. Thanks Raluca and Auro for the nice time in Barcelona!

Thanks for the feedback! We're delighted you had a great time! We wish you all the best on your future travels and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4