HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

It was amazing :)

• 17th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Great location, nice atmosphere, very friendly staff. I would recommend!

• 12th Dec 2014
  • Turkey

Given the size of Barcelona it is impossible to be near everything but you could still get a much better location than this. It's a 15-25 minute walk to the cathedral depending on time and walking speed. The tapas tour was a great night when there were enough people for it to run.

Good security system. Bunks were a little small and rooms just felt dirty. Common room nice and big but vending machine wasn't working and kitchen wasn't very accessible

The staff is somewhat undifferent to the guests.

Great bar and lounge area. Nice vibes. Nice hostel.

This hostel far exceeded my expectations and the facility was amazing. It was great having the lockers for free and inside the rooms. The staff was extremely helpful and knowledgable and was very willing to answer all my questions. There was very nice areas to sit and hang out with a tv as well which was a great break during the day. Definitely the best hostel I've stayed in this far.

• 5th Dec 2014

The hostel is very near to the famous street La Rambla. From it you can also walk to the castle Montjuïc. The staffs are very nice and helpful. Wonderful experience.

Very good location!

I loved this hostel, it's just some steps away from Paral-el metro station and the hostel staff will help you with directions to anywhere you need to go. I personally liked the environment, they play nice background songs in the common area. You can have as much breakfast as you want, and the sheets for bed are included in the price. Besides, there are some supermarkets and mini-markets around the area and lots of bars open at night, as well as fast food chains for those who like the nightlife.

• 30th Nov 2014

Really great hostel for the price! Very clean and super friendly staff.

Excellent hostel - spacious, clean, well located and with good facilities

Overall a fantastic hostel, staff were great (Walter especially) and the location is pretty decent. Would come again without hesitation.

The only issue are in the bathrooms, I think the staff must to inform during the check-in that you must pay attention when you are in the bathroom because the floor probably will be wet because someone didn't pay attention to the information on the walls.

location is great. staff are helpful. noise is endurable at night.. but their bed is one of the worst.. thin, creak bed and smelly duvet make me crazy. + remember they don't have personal lamp and power.

Thanks for your feedback! We are constantly looking at ways to improve our services to our guests and we're very pleased to be able to let you know that we are currently installing power points and reading lights for each bed! So next time you're in Barcelona we'll be ready for you!!!

Very helpful staff: directions, recomendations, multilingual, smiley. Great facilities: gym, breakfast, kitchen, table tennis... Good atmosphere and great location :-)

A very nice hostel, well-located and comfortable. The staff is really welcoming and nice. The hostel is clean, I enjoyed having good breakfasts and common spaces such as the kitchen or the living room.

• 15th Nov 2014

The computers were almost all out of service ... except the one that didn't want to stop working. Also, there is ony wifi in the lobby, also adding wifi in the back would be a big improvement.

Great place, great folks, and great time! breakfast is good, and lots of fun events at night going on. Thanks!

This hostel is spotless, secure and very conveniently located. The facilities are good and its generally well run. However if travelling alone I wouldn't recommend it. There are no activities to get people interacting. There isn't much of an atmosphere in the common room. A few activities like pub crawls or card games would be a good idea. I was also very disappointed with the reception I got when arriving. Although other members of staff were lovely, girl on reception was rude and very cold

Thanks for the feedback! It is unusual that there were no activities organised during your stay as we organise many things precisely so that people travelling alone can meet other guests more easily. Our Tapas night for example is a great way to meet guests, or our walk to the Magic Fountain. Perhaps these activities did not coincide with the dates of your stay. Hopefully the receptionist won't be as busy the next time you come to stay and will have more time to explain our activities!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6