HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Relaxed atmosphere. The Belgian and Australian guys from the staff were really social and seemed to enjoy their work, while the rest were anonymous. Location isn't in the center, but around 20min walk from there. It is located in a poor(slum) neighborhood, but thats fine since all the cheap restaurants are located here. Nice common facilities with a bar, computers, sofas and a table tennis game. The gym is a scam. Was easy to meet new people and the hostel has lots of offers(rent out bikes)

It was a very good hostel for the price. The location was a bit far from the main street but the walk is not bad. Bathrooms were clean but not well ventilated so it was always very humid inside and the AC is only on in the rooms at night to conserve energy. (but the AC is on 24/7 in the main lobby) Overall, it was a good experience for all of us!

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel. The staff was friendly and helpful. Was a short walk from Las Ramblas and lots of restaurants. It was clean, the beds were comfy and had a great common space. The bracelets are genius. Every hostel needs to get this key system. Only cons: air con was finicky and breakfast could have run a bit later. I find 10:00am to be an early cut-off time.

I'm still traveling around Europe, and I find that HelloBCN is among the better hostels that I've stayed in. Excellent staff - very friendly and helpful all the time. And loved the lockers and facilities too. The crowd that comes here is amazing too, and combine that with the beach parties that you guys offer at different clubs! Absolutely loved every bit of my stay in Barcelona, thanks to you guys!

• 15th Jul 2014
  • artisticblur
  • India

Bedrooms a little small, lots of common space in areas though. Breakfast was good relatively speaking if you're into carbo loading for breakfast. Small kitchen for size of hostel. Wifi worked in our room which was a plus. Wish there had been more plugs though.

Loved HelloBCN! The staff was great. Lots of other travelers to meet! Location was an easy walk to most places, and if not public transportation was super easy. I highly reccomend to other travelers as a great place to stay.

Great hostel to meet new people and get to know Barcelona's night life. The bedrooms are equipped with air conditioners which helped a lot and the staff was very kind to us during our stay. The location is good, it is next to a well connected metro station. Only problem in my opinion is the neighbourhood, it didn't look like a safe place at night.

Had a great time staying here, such a handy location and the staff are very helpful! Our room was clean and tidy and quiet at night.

Lack of outlets and the wifi sucks

Excellent hostel! Great facilities And breakfast! Not enough pulgs for everyone in the room. Security system is awesome! Best one I've ever seen (and I've been to a lot of hostel). The key as a armband is perfect for the beach and night out.

It was surprisingly safe and clean. When we were returning a bit late to the hostel, the front desk person asked to see our keys, which I really appreciated. The beds were also comfortable, and the lockers made storage convenient. Overall, impressed with the place.

• 11th Jul 2014

Had to share power plugs in room as not enough for everyone and bathroom and bedrooms very small but the staff were lovely

• 10th Jul 2014

Great hostel with everything you need to enjoy a great trip to Barcelona.

A very big hostel for those who like that. I prefare smaller and more homely.

Positives: aesthetically great. Plenty of facilities, good ac and cleanliness was extremely high. Plenty of breakfast in the morning. The bar was nice, not overpriced. Negatives: staff were mechanical, responded to queries as short and swiftly as possible. When asked to recommend a restaurant they advised an expensive one (guys, we stay in hostels for a reason!!!). No sense of community in the hostel meant it felt more like a hotel. Seemed to be populated by Georgie Shore wannabes sadly...

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Great hostel, if you can afford it is great, excellent location, atmosphere and everything!

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights. The hostel was exceptionally clean, we had a twin room with private facilities as we are both over 50. Everyone was very friendly and we not made to feel unconfortable as everyone was at least 20 years younger than us!

• 19th Jun 2014

This place was fantastic. If you're thinking about trying this hostel then don't think anymore just do it!. You can not go wrong with this place it's awesome! I recommend this place to everybody especially those looking for new friends.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel, one of the best i stayed.

Hello BCN was great, everything was super clean and the air conditioning in the rooms was great! They have wristbands to access everything which are great because you'll never loose your keys! Breakfast was included, it was simple but good! They are have clubs every night that you can go to for free with your wristband (except sat)!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4