HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Hostel generally is clean and nice but dorm was too small for 6 and it was hot and not very comfortable. There is air conditioning but girls in my room told it's too cold so it was turned off. Lockers are nice and I like this electric lock system they had. Breakfast basic. Location is quite near to La Rambla and it's easy to come.

The hostel had everything you could want but it was just cramped. I was in a 4 bed dorm and even with only 3 females in there it was hard to move. It was well located though and well priced.

• 22nd Aug 2015
  • New Zealand

This hostel was great! It's great for young people, there is a pub crawl every night. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Very much a party hostel and great atmosphere. The showers are small but other than that, I would recommend.

Nice place to stay but wasn't as close to the beach as I would've hoped! also couldn't get the WiFi to work with my phone. so that was a bummer for me since my phone didn't work at all while at the hostel. met some cool people and the facilities were clean. good for solo travels! flip cup and beer pong were played!!

Pub crawl was fantastic & staff extremely helpful.

• 13th Aug 2015

Nice hostel, the bathrooms were really hot though as there weren't vents to cool down after people would shower. Staff was very helpful, I liked the watch key thing.

They have key wristbands, which are awesome cause they are waterproof and you can´t lose them. You can rent bikes for reasonable prices and they´ve got a bar with good priced beers. Staff is very friendly and helpful.

This hostel is very large and has an "institutional" feel - more like a hospital than a cozy place where you would actually want to hang out. Staff were friendly enough, but no more than necessary. The beds are pretty cramped as well. The neighborhood is a bit rough around the edges, but pretty well located for exploring on foot. Overall I viewed this as a cheap place to stay, rather than a particularly enjoyable experience.

I've stayed in many hostels in the last 3 months and I have to say my check in experience here was horrible. The worst yet. The (blonde female, fake nails) lady checking me in was so rude to me. I almost cried! However the other staff here (a guy and girl with brown hair) are great and helpful. Pros is that there is a kitchen to use. Bathrooms are clean. Air con works in rooms. Computers to use. Social atmosphere however is lacking a bit. Breakfast very average.

Very young crowd. If you're looking for a party scene this is definitely for you. Staff was okay, some were friendly some were rude but that wasn't the worst of it. Facilities are filthy but not surprising given the ratio of young boys staying there. Would absolutely not recommend to anyone over the age of 25.

• 4th Aug 2015

Great hostel! Highly recommend. Has all the facilities you could want (kitchen, bar, common area, laundry, lockers, linen, good wifi, outdoor terrace, 24/h reception). The location isn't amazing, but 80% of the attractions/beaches are still walkable, about 30 minutes. The only thing would be the showers. They only have the actual cubical, and no where to get undressed/dressed. So you literally have to change in your shower. But staff are lovely, helpful and friendly. Definitely recommend.

Stayed in an 8 bed mixed room. Aircon didn't work very well but the lokers were really good. Bathroom and beds were clean. My only thing I would say is don't expect a smile from reception

Breakfast really bad, first hostel that I have been in my life that I need to wash dishes of the free breakfast. Bathroom need maintenance and better clean, my friend who was with me was taking shower and the clean woman asked him to leave the bathroom because he was disturbing her work, if he arrives before her. There is just three plugs for recharge and far from the beds for a room of 6. Overall the hostel is acceptable, the problem is the price for the quality of the service offered.

• 30th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Was a perfect hostel to stay in if you're looking for backpackers mindset place to be. Huge common room with ping pong table, free breakfast, and people traveling from all over the world. The room was small but cozy, sheets/blanket provided. Common bathroom was always clean but only had one per floor. If you're looking to meet new people in a prime location , this is the hostel for you!

Nice staff, good value for money, clean bathrooms, comfortable beds, smart keys, and a perfectly ok breakfast. A really good hostel!

Our room smelt like musty wet clothes and the smell did not go away for the 3 nights we stayed there

Had a great stay here. Location is amazing, only a 10-15 min walk from La Rambla which makes getting around really easy. Facilities were really good (clean bathrooms, charging ports on each bed, good wifi etc). Only downside was often the social atmosphere was a bit lacking (common room felt a bit sterile) but that may have just been because of the people staying at the hostel at the time. However, would definitely recommend the hostel :)

Excellent hostel! Would definitely stay here again :)

• 23rd Jul 2015

Air con was great!!

• 22nd Jul 2015

The staff was really helpful, and the hostel is in a great area and has a fun environment. The hostel bar is very limited, but it's a nice area to relax. The cleanliness was our only issue - the floors weren't clean at all in our room, so we had to wear bedroom shoes, shower shoes, etc. The shower also shuts off after 15 seconds, and it's annoying to keep hitting the button to continue showering. All in all, we enjoyed our stay!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7