HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

A very nice hostel, well-located and comfortable. The staff is really welcoming and nice. The hostel is clean, I enjoyed having good breakfasts and common spaces such as the kitchen or the living room.

• 15th Nov 2014

The computers were almost all out of service ... except the one that didn't want to stop working. Also, there is ony wifi in the lobby, also adding wifi in the back would be a big improvement.

Great place, great folks, and great time! breakfast is good, and lots of fun events at night going on. Thanks!

This hostel is spotless, secure and very conveniently located. The facilities are good and its generally well run. However if travelling alone I wouldn't recommend it. There are no activities to get people interacting. There isn't much of an atmosphere in the common room. A few activities like pub crawls or card games would be a good idea. I was also very disappointed with the reception I got when arriving. Although other members of staff were lovely, girl on reception was rude and very cold

Thanks for the feedback! It is unusual that there were no activities organised during your stay as we organise many things precisely so that people travelling alone can meet other guests more easily. Our Tapas night for example is a great way to meet guests, or our walk to the Magic Fountain. Perhaps these activities did not coincide with the dates of your stay. Hopefully the receptionist won't be as busy the next time you come to stay and will have more time to explain our activities!

I cannot fault this hostel; one of the best I have ever stayed in. Excellent location close to the metro and the beach. great atmosphere and décor, and the staff were always more than friendly and with excellent English. And it is on of the first hostels I have ever stayed in that gave me a free map upon arrival. I always like a hostel that has breakfast included, and there were so many helpful posters and advices and activities.

Thanks for the great feedback!

Annoying showers! Great little basic bar.

as much as i enjoy some of the staffs to be very helpful, energic and friendly (the guys) as much all the girls working there were so blody rude and never smiling( all te staff girls).and i stayed for a week. the only time one been polite and nice was when she make a mistake about my booking.... beside that everything was perfect good.free breakfast

A really fantastic hostel - v clean and well-equipped, and a great atmosphere in the bar, where drinks are very affordable. The system of door and locker security is a brilliant idea and provides excellent peace of mind. Beds are comfortable, wi-fi is great.

It's clear and the staff so nice I will back there again

• 24th Oct 2014
  • Hong Kong

Girl that worked on the desk in the afternoon/night was very unhelpful and kinda rude

• 23rd Oct 2014
  • New Zealand

The hostel was great. Cheap drinks and close the the metro station, la rambla, and the beach! Some of the staff (Walter) we're great as well as a few others. We asked for directions once and after looking at the map they lead in the opposite direction. Which is understandable but it was to the free dinner that they offer! ( which is also awesome! Make sure to ask). Stayed there for 5 days and it was a great experience. The only problem was that the rooms were really hot

Great hostel with a great atmosphere for meeting people, watching games or playing ping-pong! Staff was ok, (greetings to Ralouka!), breakfast also good. Cons: Sometimes in the morning there was no toilet paper and I didn't like the pushing-the-button thing to wash your hands or shower, neither practical nor ecologic! The area around is not the best but it's safe because of the people passing by, in less than 10' you are at the Rambla Str. Overall, I recommended and I would stay there again!

This was my second time at HelloBCN (First visit was 2010). Spent 4 nights at HelloBCN this time and I had a great stay. Staff (esp. Caitlin, Maiya, and Toi) was great, super helpful,and fun to hang out with.The hostel was easy to get to from the Airport via public transportation. I love that the lockers were big enough for my suitcase. Cons - Rooms are poorly ventilated, even in Oct our room was super hot at night even with the window open; need a dressing area in the bathroom.

Really cool hostel, was a bit quiet when I was there, but have heard during summer it goes off! The hostel was like 3 mins walk from a metro station, easy to find too. Staff were super helpful and friendly.Free breakfast pretty basic but all I needed (the 1 day I woke up for it). Walking distance to the middle of the gothic quarter - really cool def go see it! rooms were pretty basic, no AC outlets next to the beds - only 3 near the door which was a bit weird - would def stay again though.

Good location - very close to station that is on direct line to Barcelona Sants and other major attractions. Walking distance to historic centre and great cafés nearby. Breakfast included and pleasant environment. Would recommend this hostel and would definitely stay there again

Great place and location !! Friendly staff!!✌️👍👌👍✌️

• 11th Oct 2014

We really enjoied our short stay at hello bcn.it is good to reach by metro. We had a nice, clean an quiet private room even though there is the apolo disco just aroubd the corner. The staff is helpful and the other guests were not 18year old drinking groups but lots of travellers from all over the world - how nice. A lot of sights and things to do are in walking distance. You can get excellent pinchos just around the corner as well. We would come back to hello bcn another day!

• 6th Oct 2014

+Cheap +Clean +Location +Staf -Breakfast was really bad -Too slow WiFi -Loud in the night -Smell of bleach in everywhere

• 4th Oct 2014
  • Turkey

Overall a good hostel, staff were helpful, clean facilities. My one suggestion would be some planned activities in the evening though.

Amazing! Had great time, great staff, very clean and secure!!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6