HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Easy to get to with great facilities. The common room and bar was great for finding people to go out with, and the staff are eager to help out. Free entry to a different club each night!

I had a really nice time in HelloBCN Hostel. I'm definitely going there again if i'm to go to Barcelona again.

Well located for the Metro and close to the Ramblas, very practical wristband (for entrance in the hostel, room and locker), very clean, air conditionning in the rooms, nice staff, breakfast is ok Very nice stay !

The hostel itself is clean, welcoming and has all the facilities you need. I had two main issues. The first being that in order to turn the air con in your room on or off, you had to go downstairs and ask for it. At one point I had to wait 15 minutes as they were checking others in. Very frustrating - we're not children, we can control an air con system without asking permission. The other is the neighborhood, very grimy - it smelt like garbage and urine almost everywhere.

Great hostel central to the key attractions in Barcelona. Loved the common area and kitchen was well equipped. They provided a great breakfast and staff were wonderful. Best room keys we have had on our trip so far! Only improvement would be to install lights for each bed as that would assist with rude people who turn the main bedroom light on at all hours of the night. Would strongly recommend this hostel.

This hostel is conveniently placed close to Para-lel subway station (which is a station that also has a funicular line to the Montjuic castle and Olympic park), and is a few subway stops away from all major Barcelona tourist areas. I felt extremely safe at this hostel as you get a electronic wristband that let's you into the hostel, your room and personal locker. Other than loudly snoring roommates which made it difficult to sleep, I found this hostel among the best I've stayed in!!

We had a hard time finding directions to the hostels. Do give a better direction guide to travellers.

Although the staff was very friendly and the location was very convenient too, the rooms were too hot and I had a terrible sleep..

Good hostel in a good location. It´s in a walking distance from La Rambla.

lovely place to stay. thank you very much.

• 11th Aug 2014
  • South Africa

I loved my stay there

Amazing hostel! Staff were so lovely and helpful. Very clean and great facilities. Highly recommend

• 11th Aug 2014

Hi! I was in HelloBCN Hostel during 10 days. I liked this place very much. The hostel is very comfortable for living, not far from metro station. The staff is very very amable. I have no problems with safety of my things, documents and money, the locker is very reliable. The breakfast was very good. In whole the hostel had user-friendly atmosphere and i strongly recommend you to live at this place during your vacation.

• 10th Aug 2014
  • Russia

Best hostel ever. I'm a solo traveler and this place makes it super easy to meet new people. Big Individual lockers in rooms are a huge plus! And the wrist key bracelets are genius. I'll definitely be back.

Hostel was very secure with each member of the group given a key but it meant that we had to lay down €60 as deposit when we could happily have got by with half the amount. Breakfast is included and is just cereal and toast as you would expect but serve yourself meant it was very slow. Hostel staff were very accommodating in letting us leave our bags for the evening flight and letting us sit in their lounge for an hour in the evening after we had check out that morning.

• 9th Aug 2014

Great staff and hostel. Good location, walking distance from La Rambla and right next to a metro stop. Only problem was the restrooms. They're not that clean and the showers don't have much privacy. One night, the air conditioning wasn't working in the room so we had to leave the window open. It was loud outside and exposed us to many bug bites. There also aren't outlets by each bed and poor wifi access from the rooms.

Great hostel! short walk to the beach and everything else is a metro ride away. The staff were really friendly and breakfast was basic but for free so it is decent. Rooms were nice and had lockers and air conditioning which was great. Only bad things were that the wi-fi was really slow from the rooms and the bathrooms were covered in water by the end of the night because others didnt use the shower curtain properly.

This was a good hostel to stay in for a few days. They put us in beds at opposite ends of our room and we had very disruptive and inconsiderate people in our room, which dampened our stay here. Cheap drinks at the bar and a well-equipped kitchen. We were not expecting such a great free breakfast, which was a nice surprise. It's in a good location just off La Rambla.

Best place to stay

Very nice hostel, lively common rooms and well equipped kitchen. Pitcher beer for just €5 at the bar. Overall quite clean and excellent digital key system with a locker for each bed.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5