HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

I loved my stay at hello bcn. They have great wrist band keys which are handy because you always have your key on your wrist. There's a nice terrace and kitchen and a bar in the common room which makes it easy to meet people. Oh and its also a good location. Right by a metro station but also an easy walk to the old town. Highly recommend.

Well, you get what you pay for. Friendly staff. But rooms could be tidier. When I checked into my room I found that the bed wasn't made. I stayed for just one night, so that's the only thing I disliked about the facilities for what I paid. Also had to endure a mostly sleepless night, thanks partly to the noise in the street on Saturday night, and partly to the snoring competition from the fellow boarders in the same room. But that's not the hostel's fault!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • India

Great staff, great location. Keep going!

It was my first time in a hostel and I had such a great experience, the hostel is quite clean and on a good position, the personal is very kind, the bracelet they give to you to access to the building and to open your room and your closet is a great way not to lost the keys and to make sure nobody takes them. I'm just a little bit dissatisfied with what I expected for the organized trips at night but, anyway I would recommend to stay here, hope to come back soon :)

• 15th Apr 2015

our stay was great thanks hellobcn hostel 50+ couple

It seems cleaning bathrooms twice a day isn't enough, cause the ladies room looked far from perfect during our two night stay. Watch for additional 1€ fee for credit card payment

Hostel was very good, friendly staff and clean! However, I had a bad experience near the hostel at night, with "pickpockets" near Paral-lel station. I would recommend to the hostel to inssist to "Ayuntamiento" to have more police at night.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Peru

Nice place to stay. Friendly staff, very clean (bathrooms as well), good atmosphere. Recommendable

The facilities were nice, I really liked each person having a lockbox in their rooms for luggage and stuff. Yeah overall it was really great!

Good location that is quite close to Los Ramblos and the water. The wifi worked very well and the breakfast was nice. The hostel could have been cleaner but overall was still quite nice. The staff were all excellent and helped with some of our travel plans and bookings.

Fantastic stay, really enjoyed it. Only suggestion to make would be breakfast, my girlfriend is allergic to wheat so couldn't have anything that was served. Apart from that a fantastic stay.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The best hotel I have ever stayed in. The facilities are clean and built well, the staff is friendly, they did a lot to ensure the guests had stuff to do, it was amazing

It was good , I enjoyed staying there , close to city center ,cheap, clean and the staff were kind and flexible (u can ask for extra sheets or ....) im sure i'll be back soon

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Jordan

Helpful staff with good recommendations, directions and knowledge of the city Poor wifi connection

• 29th Mar 2015

Super friendly, clean and safe. Really impressed with the value for money and the staff were extremely welcoming and helpful. Great location for the city centre and metro. Free wifi and computer access was really useful and there are maps and top tips all around the hostel to help you plan your sightseeing.

• 29th Mar 2015

Would definitely return! They have provided everything you could ask for in a hostel

Great, helpful staff and location, with easy Metro connections. Good breakfast included; bathrooms a bit basic. Smokers congregate right in front of the main entrance so that every time the door opens the place fills with smoke, which goes through the common area, all the way up the stairs to the corridors and even the rooms - unpleasant for non-smokers! Together with 30-odd Danish adolescents running wild & yelling in stairs and corridors, this spoilt what would otherwise have been a good stay.

The blankets in the room (205) have a terrible smell. Even if we have clean bed sheets (thank you!) we still can feel a little bit uncomfortable...

Didn't enjoy my stay at all. Tiny beds and tiny rooms. The showers shut off every 30 seconds, you have to keep pressing the button to turn the shower back on. It's close to the ocean but not close to any good bars or clubs.

Great, friendly and helpful staff. Great location, easy walk to the centre of town and right near the metro station to get back to the airport! Free breakfast which was fantastic and free wifi. Heating in the room for cold nights but also big windows to let the fresh air in. They have a scary cleaner who likes to yell in Spanish, so just avoid her when possible (she's the one with the scary glare). Overall fab place to stay!

• 16th Mar 2015