HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

the staff was amazing! One gentalman went above and beyond to help my friend and I, and we were a massive pain in the butt!

• 30th Apr 2015

Wifi is only in lobby area. Beds are a little small. Showers are the kind where you have to press the button every 30 seconds.. but hot water was plenty. Overall a nice experience, a little farther from the main attractions than I hoped, but everything is still walkable.

• 28th Apr 2015
  • jackieeejj

It's a little ways from the main tourist areas and attractions like La Rambla, but it's not too far to walk, and there's a metro right there if you'd rather not walk. I loved the electronic key wristbands, they made it easy to get into my room/locker when I needed to, but gave me the peace of mind that my things were secure and that I couldn't lose my keys at the beach or something. Great bar/communal area, makes it easy to meet people when you're traveling. I wish the wifi had worked in my room

Such a fantastic hostel!! Great staff, location and very clean. Wifi doesn't work in the rooms but otherwise great facilities. I would definitely stay again

Hostel was amazing. Very close to the La Rambla strip, everywhere was accessible by foot. Felt very safe, hostel had a good atmosphere. Great value for money would definitely recommend

The only thing that I dislike about the hostel, was the wi-fi. In my room there signal was so poor that the wi-fi didn't work. In the living room was great, I don't know how it works on the other floors/rooms.

• 24th Apr 2015
  • Portugal

Excellent Hostel. Everyone there was really great. I would highly recommend. Only negative was the WiFi in the rooms (6th Floor) was a bit temperamental.

I loved my stay at hello bcn. They have great wrist band keys which are handy because you always have your key on your wrist. There's a nice terrace and kitchen and a bar in the common room which makes it easy to meet people. Oh and its also a good location. Right by a metro station but also an easy walk to the old town. Highly recommend.

Well, you get what you pay for. Friendly staff. But rooms could be tidier. When I checked into my room I found that the bed wasn't made. I stayed for just one night, so that's the only thing I disliked about the facilities for what I paid. Also had to endure a mostly sleepless night, thanks partly to the noise in the street on Saturday night, and partly to the snoring competition from the fellow boarders in the same room. But that's not the hostel's fault!

• 18th Apr 2015
  • India

Great staff, great location. Keep going!

It was my first time in a hostel and I had such a great experience, the hostel is quite clean and on a good position, the personal is very kind, the bracelet they give to you to access to the building and to open your room and your closet is a great way not to lost the keys and to make sure nobody takes them. I'm just a little bit dissatisfied with what I expected for the organized trips at night but, anyway I would recommend to stay here, hope to come back soon :)

• 15th Apr 2015

our stay was great thanks hellobcn hostel 50+ couple

It seems cleaning bathrooms twice a day isn't enough, cause the ladies room looked far from perfect during our two night stay. Watch for additional 1€ fee for credit card payment

Hostel was very good, friendly staff and clean! However, I had a bad experience near the hostel at night, with "pickpockets" near Paral-lel station. I would recommend to the hostel to inssist to "Ayuntamiento" to have more police at night.

• 7th Apr 2015
  • Peru

Nice place to stay. Friendly staff, very clean (bathrooms as well), good atmosphere. Recommendable

The facilities were nice, I really liked each person having a lockbox in their rooms for luggage and stuff. Yeah overall it was really great!

Good location that is quite close to Los Ramblos and the water. The wifi worked very well and the breakfast was nice. The hostel could have been cleaner but overall was still quite nice. The staff were all excellent and helped with some of our travel plans and bookings.

Fantastic stay, really enjoyed it. Only suggestion to make would be breakfast, my girlfriend is allergic to wheat so couldn't have anything that was served. Apart from that a fantastic stay.

• 2nd Apr 2015

The best hotel I have ever stayed in. The facilities are clean and built well, the staff is friendly, they did a lot to ensure the guests had stuff to do, it was amazing

It was good , I enjoyed staying there , close to city center ,cheap, clean and the staff were kind and flexible (u can ask for extra sheets or ....) im sure i'll be back soon

• 30th Mar 2015