HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Really great hostel for a couple of nights in Barcelona.

Twas ok, staff were good, as well as the security, but it lacked atmosphere; but as a hostel it does its job as supplying beds for weary travellers.

Great place! Amenities are great. Awesome bar in the hostel. Lockers in the room have their own lock and are great.

If you like to party this a good hostel. I come to explore the city during the day so to me it was too loud at night. The first night some people were fighting in the room next to me, the second night some drunk girls were running across the hallways yelling around. The people are very loud and disrespectful because they just come to Barcelona to party. My roommates didn't even come during the night to sleep. Not the hostel's fault though. Free breakfast though!

Very clean, well located Hostel, some more decor and feature walls to make a little colour and life, as lacked a somewhat inviting and homely feel, but can't complain. Just an observation, as I have stayed in other parts of the world I have stayed in a few brighter cheerier decorated ones.

• 4th Jul 2015

Such a great atmosphere at this hostel. I met such great people staying in my room. The pub crawl was really fun, pay once then the rest of the time free. The rooms weren't great but hey you're in Barcelona so you won't be using them much. Great hostel to go to party.

I had a good experience at this hostel, it is near to the metro station, the staff was good, the breakfast ok, good atmosphere, the key is easy to keep and not forget, personal lockers (really good) . May be I didn't like that after midnight you find sluts and drunk people.

Nice hostel with lots of opportunities to meet new people. The staff weren't the friendliest however, and most of the time the wifi is terrible. In most of the rooms the wifi doesn't work so you have to come to the common room to use it which is inconvenient. Also, the "gym" is just a tiny room with an exercise bike so don't be fooled. Overall pretty clean and comfortable.

Overall this hostel was ok. The 4 person dorm was small but clean and had a locker that could fit a suitcase. The shared female washroom was always clean too. Spotty wifi in the rooms and a bit better in the lobby. This created an atmosphere where everyone in the lobby was on their phones. Not the easiest to meet people. Staff weren't exactly friendly. 10min walk to Las Ramblas, 2min walk to the metro, 30min walk to the beach

Excellent Hostel at an excellent location

Great hostel, great atmosphere with a large area to drink and meet other people. Bar crawls every night out of the hostel are a STEAL and very fun! Very helpful and friendly staff. A/C is very nice to have. One of the best hostels I've been to on the entire 10 week Europe trip.

Thanks J! Glad to hear you had a great time! See you again soon! ;-)

Conveniently located close to the metro! I felt old at 24 years old though, everyone in my room was about 18 years old.

Pretty good location near the metro and overall the hostel is good. The beds were not numbered when I arrived, but after they mistakenly took the sheets off my bed on my last day, they decided to number the beds. I doubt this is the first time this has happened! Breakfast is only toast and cereal, so if you need more, look elsewhere. Overall a good value for what you get.

Hostel was awesome, in a good location, you just need to walk for 10 minutes to get to the city centre. Bar was quite good, staff was very friendly.

Glad to hear you had a great time D! See you again soon! ;-)

Only thing that really bugged me was the lack of wifi

Hi B! Hi! Thanks for your review! We're happy to announce that we have updated our WIFI and our guests are now finding it easier to connect, with faster navegation once connected!!!

Great hostel but the wifi really lets it down. The connection is slow, if any and it is only downstairs. When planning trips, places to go etc. it is needed.

• 25th Jun 2015

Loved this hostel! Met the best people, staff were extremely friendly. I want to go back now!!! Huge reccomedation for Barca and Hello BCN.

Hi C! Thanks for your review! Always nice to get great feedback from satisfied guests! We hope to see you again soon! :-)

Fun place to stay. The staff was good and helpful and the hostel is near the metro station. Pub Crawl was fun. Only problem, is that the wifi is only accessible at the lobby.

Hola H! We're pleased to announce that we have updated our WIFI and our guests are now finding it easier to connect with faster navegation!!! Glad to hear you had a great time! See you again soon! ;-)

The bar isn't very well stocked, otherwise great!

Hi J! Thanks for your review! Always nice to get great feedback from satisfied guests! The bar is only meant to be a place to start your evening! It’s a place where you can meet fellow guests and then head out to discover Barcelona, and take advantage of the free entry to clubs that we offer! We'd hate for you to miss out on all the fun to be had out and about in Barcelona! :-) We hope to see you again soon J!

Had a great time. Nice communal areas, comfortable beds. Thought towels were a bit pricey though. But overall, loved it. Very clean, very welcoming atmosphere.

Hi! Thanks for your review! Always nice to get great feedback from satisfied guests! We hope to see you again soon!