HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Great hostel, if you can afford it is great, excellent location, atmosphere and everything!

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights. The hostel was exceptionally clean, we had a twin room with private facilities as we are both over 50. Everyone was very friendly and we not made to feel unconfortable as everyone was at least 20 years younger than us!

• 19th Jun 2014

This place was fantastic. If you're thinking about trying this hostel then don't think anymore just do it!. You can not go wrong with this place it's awesome! I recommend this place to everybody especially those looking for new friends.

• 16th Jun 2014
  • Denmark
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great hostel, one of the best i stayed.

Hello BCN was great, everything was super clean and the air conditioning in the rooms was great! They have wristbands to access everything which are great because you'll never loose your keys! Breakfast was included, it was simple but good! They are have clubs every night that you can go to for free with your wristband (except sat)!

Everything you want from a hostel, only slightly annoying thing was the lockers in the middle of the room so we couldn't see eachother from across the room and made it seem a bit smaller, otherwise everything was really decent! Nice cheap bar with friendly staff downstairs, good kitchen and nice breakfast included in the price. Thank you!

One of the bet hostels I've ever stayed in. Very safe, the bracelet key is a great solution. Big lockers inside the room, my whole bags fit in them so I could lock all my stuff during the day. Great common area with a bar, amazing atmosphere. Very helpful staff, you can even buy tickets to the tourist attractions in the hostel reception. Close to metro, nothing to complain about. Amazing. :D

I stayed 2 nights.And this was my best hostel experience.Great and helpful receptionists.Small but useful rooms and their lockers.Showers are good enough, beds are good.Breakfast were so good u will be happy.There is good wi-fi conncetion on everywhere.There is common computers on first floor.Kitchen looks useful but didnt use.Security is great.You can use your magnetic watch on entrance door, room door and private lockers..Maybe u can have plug problem.But generally system was great and working

Overally we enjoyed our stay. Some staff are so friendly and helpful and some of them so grumpy and unfreindly especially one of the blond girls who I cant remember her name. The locatiob is great and close to the best part of the Barcelona like La Rambla and Gothic Quarter. The safety of the Hostel is Excelent and is so clean.

• 6th Jun 2014
  • Iran

Awesome hostel. I have stayed here twice. The staff is warm and helpful. It is safe, clean, has good breakfast and is in a convenient location.

• 4th Jun 2014
  • India

Great hostel ! Awesome location. The hostel was always clean, it had a great vibe to it relaxing but also very fun :) staff were ultra friendly and helpful, security was the best I've seen so far. Will be staying there again!!!

Great place to meet new people. Lots of space to talk privately and party. Has a bar. Security is great and wifi works well. Good location-very close to metro station and a short metro ride to the train station. Would stay here again definitely.

Good location to start or end the vacation. But apart from Nothing much to expect from here. Rooms, Bed and Toilets and bath is completely old fashioned, small in space and not very clean. Staffs were ok but nothing extraordinary over other hostels. In Dorms Bed was not comfortable and sometime not stable too. So dont move a lot while sleeing :-). Breakfast was good, spacious lonunge area and good connectivity with WIFI was certainly a good factor.

I stayed here with three friends during Primavera Sound festival. Location is excellent: a short walk from Paral-el and Las Ramblas, with plenty of restaurants and bars nearby and access to public transport. The wrist keys are a great idea and very secure. Our room (4 bed female dorm) was quite cramped however we had large lockers and beds were very comfortable. Street facing rooms are noisy at night. Staff were pretty helpful. Shower and bathroom facilities were good, clean and functional.

• 28th May 2014

Awesome hostel---felt more like a hotel/dorm ---great way to meet lots of new people, try new things daily, great location--you can walk t0 a lot of locations and close to the metro as well. the employee are beyond amazing, so friendly and just amazing---great time here!

Location was decent. Not too far from La Rambla or the beach but seemed to be a little bit of a sketchy surrounding area. Large in room lockers were GREAT! Breakfast and coffee were good and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Showers were not ideal and bathrooms were hot and steamy because of showers but there were a few times when we walked in they smelled freshly cleaned. Overall, for the price, it was a great stay!

Great staff, fun lounge, but I like that the bar only serves sangria and beer, as it discourages rowdies.. I love the bracelet key cards, I never had to worry about where my key was! Large lockers in the rooms are great. The staff clean the bathroom at least twice a day, and it shows. Excellent restaurants in the area, and the hostel offers free entry to certain clubs each night. If your room faces the street, be prepared for noise and being earplugs, but the beds are so comfy

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to share your comments with us! We look forward to seeing you again! The HelloBCN Hostel Team

One of the very best hostels I have been to. Absolutely worth the money. Close to attractions and safe and loved the lockers that i could open with the same room key. I could see that they really tried to make it convient to the users by making key as a bracelet. Ingenious and so useful! Only thing to improve maybe is the bathroom humidity because there is no fan or window, but clean. The rooms are pretty small and doesnt really hava space to put a luggage but this is a very minor cons. Awesome!

Really great security, solid breakfast but very few other positives. Beds were great and clean but there is an ALARMING lack of power outlets all over the hostel. in my dorm there were just 4 in an 8 bed dorm, all located right at the door far away from most beds. In the common area there were only 2 ports next to seating and tables, the other one was near the vending machines. My devices routinely kept dying because of this.

Good hostel, really close to Paral.Lel metro station and to Las Ramblas. Staff is nice, specially the belgian guy known as Pineapple. Beds and breakfast are ok.