HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

I have rated facilities as poor as the hostel claimed to have a Gym on the listing, then when I arrived it was just an exercise bike and a yoga mat, not even a few dumbbells. The hostel listing also claimed to include airport transfers, but when I asked for further info after booking I was told this referred to the fact the hostel is a short walk from the bus stop, which I had to buy a ticket for when I arrived.

• 16th Jun 2015

Great hostel, had a great night on the pub crawl :)

Glad to hear you had a great time! See you again soon! ;-)

I enjoyed the breakfast n meeting with fellow travellers. To us, the location is really fantastic n there are more than 5 great eateries just outside the hostel, not forgetting too that many convenient stores/ mini mart r around. Hop on hop off bus stop and La Rambla, are a short walk away...thumbs up!

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Singapore
  • Couple, 41+

Hi! Thanks for your review! Always nice to get great feedback from satisfied guests! We hope to see you again soon! :-)

This was so close from being a perfect hostel, free breakfast, clean, great atmosphere, right near supermarkets, not far from the beach, great staff, you wear these watches that are your 'keys' to get in the hostel, your room and your locker, such a great idea and they are waterproof too. only issue is no WiFi in rooms and WiFi was a bit slow sometimes. Highly recommend coming here.

Hi! Thanks for your review! Always nice to get great feedback from satisfied guests! We're happy to announce that we have updated our WIFI and our guests are now finding it easier to connect and faster!!! We hope to see you again soon! :-)

Overall we got what we paid for. No wifi in the rooms and the wifi in the lobby was too spotty to use most of the time but they did have four computers we could use for free. Large lockers with electronic locks that also work as your room key that you could wear as a watch was great. Key also gave you access to the building at all hours. Honestly probably would not stay again and pay a little more for better facilities. Would have liked the patio to be open later!!

Hi! Thanks for your review! We're always looking for ways to improve our service to guests, and we use your comments to help know where we can improve! We're happy to announce that we have updated our WIFI and our guests are now finding it easier to connect and faster!

while I only stayed one night, this is a very nice hostel, very professionally run. very clean and a great location

When we arrived, our room and bathroom were dirty. The girl in the reception sayed to us that they were going to clean it a little bit later and they do so. About the wifi, sometimes it didn't work at all, and we were at the first floor. The breakfast wasn't so good: bread, cereals and coffee and afterwards you had to clean your staff. Apart from that, the staff was very kind and ready to help you. There's a lot of helpful information and it's 10m walk to the city center.

I absolutely love this hostel. The atmosphere is amazing with a really cool vibe. The breakfast is solid, the location is within walking distance from most places and right near a metro station, and the wristband key cards are super convenient.The staff are excellent (shout out to Shane and Lucas!) Only criticism is get that wifi fixed! Other than that, amazing stay in Barcelona.

Hi! Thanks for your review! We're glad you had a great time! We're alos pleased to announce that we have updated our WIFI and our guests are now finding it easier to connect and faster! (Will pass on your regards to Shane and Lucas! :-) )

it was a little difficult to get to the location. but once you know where it is you are good. make sure to located them with Google Map first. wasn't really visible if you are a street away too. but overall stay was Pleasent one. take a taxi at night. night = not so safe.

Staff were super helpful. Clean rooms! Awesome breakfast! No complaints. I'd return for sure! Merci!!!!!

Very nice to have air conditioning and large lockers for storage space.

Fine location, they give you a very handy map of the city and walking to most of the major sites would have been doable, but I ended up using a ten trip metro card which they recommended. It was definitely worth it. The rooms have pretty fancy lockers and the free breakfast was good.

Good value for money. The crew working the bar were great. Good location, wifi only in the lobby, good breakfast.

Quite a big hostel but nice and very clean, the staff was helpfull. Breakfast is included which is good to have. The room was good with space for everyone.

Great stay at hello BCN! Locks in all the rooms and wristbands to scan you in to the hostel and your room. Good location, 10 mins to la rambla and close to all the tapas bars. Staff were very helpful with information about the city!

Nice hostel for staying at barcelona

Awesome hostel to stay in, very clean and the staff were very friendly!

Great location with a friendly and helpful staff!

Everything was good. We didnt spend too much time at the hostel but the rooms were very clean and the staff were also very helpful. Would definitely stay there again.

Location is great, breakfast was good. I gave the hostel good for cleanliness because the hostel was clean, just at times female bathroom was a bit grubby + the first room I stayed in was really clean, but the second one stunk, but that might have been the peoples fault not the hostels. I gave good for staff because they were extremely helpful and friendly, but when I booked the second room for 2 days later, the woman was stroppy about me paying 5euros deposit +I could just pay 2 on hostelworld.