HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Awesome hostel---felt more like a hotel/dorm ---great way to meet lots of new people, try new things daily, great location--you can walk t0 a lot of locations and close to the metro as well. the employee are beyond amazing, so friendly and just amazing---great time here!

Location was decent. Not too far from La Rambla or the beach but seemed to be a little bit of a sketchy surrounding area. Large in room lockers were GREAT! Breakfast and coffee were good and we enjoyed the atmosphere. Showers were not ideal and bathrooms were hot and steamy because of showers but there were a few times when we walked in they smelled freshly cleaned. Overall, for the price, it was a great stay!

Great staff, fun lounge, but I like that the bar only serves sangria and beer, as it discourages rowdies.. I love the bracelet key cards, I never had to worry about where my key was! Large lockers in the rooms are great. The staff clean the bathroom at least twice a day, and it shows. Excellent restaurants in the area, and the hostel offers free entry to certain clubs each night. If your room faces the street, be prepared for noise and being earplugs, but the beds are so comfy

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us and took the time to share your comments with us! We look forward to seeing you again! The HelloBCN Hostel Team

One of the very best hostels I have been to. Absolutely worth the money. Close to attractions and safe and loved the lockers that i could open with the same room key. I could see that they really tried to make it convient to the users by making key as a bracelet. Ingenious and so useful! Only thing to improve maybe is the bathroom humidity because there is no fan or window, but clean. The rooms are pretty small and doesnt really hava space to put a luggage but this is a very minor cons. Awesome!

Really great security, solid breakfast but very few other positives. Beds were great and clean but there is an ALARMING lack of power outlets all over the hostel. in my dorm there were just 4 in an 8 bed dorm, all located right at the door far away from most beds. In the common area there were only 2 ports next to seating and tables, the other one was near the vending machines. My devices routinely kept dying because of this.

Good hostel, really close to Paral.Lel metro station and to Las Ramblas. Staff is nice, specially the belgian guy known as Pineapple. Beds and breakfast are ok.

There should be lamp for each bed

Fantastic hostel in a fantastic city! Many thanks to you guys! Enjoyed it a lot! Keep it the same way

• 6th May 2014
  • Russia

HelloBCN was in a great location and most of the staff were pretty friendly. Rooms were small but clean and beds comfortable.

Amazing people here. Perfect location

This is really a party hostel. There is a bar (with bartender) next to the kitchen, and it goes crazy and noisy at night. If you would like to grab a beer and meet new energetic people, this will be a good place for you. Or otherwise, you will find it annoying. Staff are very nice. Bed and bathroom are clean. But the drainage around the shared area in the girl bathroom is not good, floor is alway wet.

• 2nd May 2014
  • Hong Kong

The staff are nice and kind. The localization and the environmental are very good. Good price. The bathrooms are clean

The best hostel that I've ever visited.

The staff were extremely helpful. The free breakfast was good. HelloBCN is close to all the major attractions. Also, the lockers were a nice way to know my stuff was secure so I could enjoy my day out. The magnetic wristbands for unlocking doors and lockers were an excellent idea and easy to keep track of; I didn't have to worry about losing my key. I would say, however, that many people staying here like to party and come in late, loud, and drunk, so other guests should be aware of this.

• 24th Apr 2014

My mate (Daryl, Like Barrel but with a D) fell in Love with Julia!!

• 17th Apr 2014
  • All Male Group, 18-24

Great staff, location and everything was clean for hostel standards. No complaints.

I stayed at HelloBCN and had an absolute blast. I was traveling solo and made lots of great people. However, I thought additional effort could be made by the hostel to have a more communal and friendly place for travelers to get to know each other. Most people just kept to themselves - from a solo backpacker point of view. security is very good with wristbands for entry and safes. The staff were great, very helpful and down to earth. Magic Fountain is a must do! Highly recommend.

Nice hostel, friendly staff!!

• 10th Apr 2014

The staff was exceptional during my stay. I enjoyed being situated near the historic district and walking through the city. I wish the hostel had sponsored more activities, I felt like my experience would have been better if I returned in the summer during their peak season.

Awesome hostel with great staff!