HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Thee hostel is dirty. The rooms are not cleaned. Since the guests should change the sheets the staff does not check the rooms after the leaving. The smell is quite shocking.

We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us. Our cleaning staff do clean the rooms each day. Each bed that has a check-out is cleaned. The bathrooms are cleaned several times a day. We do ask guests to bring their sheets down on check-out. Obviously if the guest did not remove their sheets from the bed the sheets are removed by the cleaning staff.

staff were all very friendly and helpful. found the bathrooms to quite often be wet everywhere and dirty. also their wifi didnt work for 3 days shich was a huge inconvenience.

was an alright hostel, staff were mostly helpfull and the rooms all have air con in them which is great, but WiFi was shocking and showers are extreamly annoying to use, reguiring you to depress a button every 30seconds or so to maintain the water running

I enjoyed staying at this hostel and meeting great people. I found that some of the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, while others were more stand-offish. Also, I find the rooms to be a bit cramped. I was in an 8-person mixed dorm and the room really smelled badly. This is not the hostel's fault, but the set up of the rooms makes it difficult for air to circulate freely. Keeping the window open was the only way to mitigate this problem, but not all sleepers wanted to keep it open.

Traveling alone, checking in to a new city can be slightly daunting, but I've never felt more at home at a hostel. I made so many great friends, including members of staff, and the social atmosphere is incredible. I can't recommend HelloBCN enough!

Very nice hostel. Helpful staff, great location, cool wristwatch key system for rooms and lockers, and fun pub crawls. The air conditioner in room 501 leaks and I often woke up to water in the floor. Other than that, a very positive experience.

The WiFi didn't reach the room and the rooms were pretty small.. Also the bathroom had wet floor the whole time. There was no oven in the kitchen. Other than that I d recommend the hostel.

Really great hostel for a couple of nights in Barcelona.

Twas ok, staff were good, as well as the security, but it lacked atmosphere; but as a hostel it does its job as supplying beds for weary travellers.

Great place! Amenities are great. Awesome bar in the hostel. Lockers in the room have their own lock and are great.

If you like to party this a good hostel. I come to explore the city during the day so to me it was too loud at night. The first night some people were fighting in the room next to me, the second night some drunk girls were running across the hallways yelling around. The people are very loud and disrespectful because they just come to Barcelona to party. My roommates didn't even come during the night to sleep. Not the hostel's fault though. Free breakfast though!

Very clean, well located Hostel, some more decor and feature walls to make a little colour and life, as lacked a somewhat inviting and homely feel, but can't complain. Just an observation, as I have stayed in other parts of the world I have stayed in a few brighter cheerier decorated ones.

• 4th Jul 2015

Such a great atmosphere at this hostel. I met such great people staying in my room. The pub crawl was really fun, pay once then the rest of the time free. The rooms weren't great but hey you're in Barcelona so you won't be using them much. Great hostel to go to party.

I had a good experience at this hostel, it is near to the metro station, the staff was good, the breakfast ok, good atmosphere, the key is easy to keep and not forget, personal lockers (really good) . May be I didn't like that after midnight you find sluts and drunk people.

Nice hostel with lots of opportunities to meet new people. The staff weren't the friendliest however, and most of the time the wifi is terrible. In most of the rooms the wifi doesn't work so you have to come to the common room to use it which is inconvenient. Also, the "gym" is just a tiny room with an exercise bike so don't be fooled. Overall pretty clean and comfortable.

Overall this hostel was ok. The 4 person dorm was small but clean and had a locker that could fit a suitcase. The shared female washroom was always clean too. Spotty wifi in the rooms and a bit better in the lobby. This created an atmosphere where everyone in the lobby was on their phones. Not the easiest to meet people. Staff weren't exactly friendly. 10min walk to Las Ramblas, 2min walk to the metro, 30min walk to the beach

Excellent Hostel at an excellent location

Great hostel, great atmosphere with a large area to drink and meet other people. Bar crawls every night out of the hostel are a STEAL and very fun! Very helpful and friendly staff. A/C is very nice to have. One of the best hostels I've been to on the entire 10 week Europe trip.

Thanks J! Glad to hear you had a great time! See you again soon! ;-)

Conveniently located close to the metro! I felt old at 24 years old though, everyone in my room was about 18 years old.

Pretty good location near the metro and overall the hostel is good. The beds were not numbered when I arrived, but after they mistakenly took the sheets off my bed on my last day, they decided to number the beds. I doubt this is the first time this has happened! Breakfast is only toast and cereal, so if you need more, look elsewhere. Overall a good value for what you get.