HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Great staff and hostel. Good location, walking distance from La Rambla and right next to a metro stop. Only problem was the restrooms. They're not that clean and the showers don't have much privacy. One night, the air conditioning wasn't working in the room so we had to leave the window open. It was loud outside and exposed us to many bug bites. There also aren't outlets by each bed and poor wifi access from the rooms.

Great hostel! short walk to the beach and everything else is a metro ride away. The staff were really friendly and breakfast was basic but for free so it is decent. Rooms were nice and had lockers and air conditioning which was great. Only bad things were that the wi-fi was really slow from the rooms and the bathrooms were covered in water by the end of the night because others didnt use the shower curtain properly.

This was a good hostel to stay in for a few days. They put us in beds at opposite ends of our room and we had very disruptive and inconsiderate people in our room, which dampened our stay here. Cheap drinks at the bar and a well-equipped kitchen. We were not expecting such a great free breakfast, which was a nice surprise. It's in a good location just off La Rambla.

Best place to stay

Great stay at this hostel. Location wasn't the best but it wasn't bad either. Would recommend this hostel as atmosphere is great and price is good.

Very nice hostel, lively common rooms and well equipped kitchen. Pitcher beer for just €5 at the bar. Overall quite clean and excellent digital key system with a locker for each bed.

The hostel provided a very young and safe atmosphere. It was fun and clean the staff were really nice and everything was really good. I liked the key idea and I really liked that we had lockers in our rooms. The location was a but scary but not to bad.

The only problem I had was that for my last night they made me switch rooms and it was a pretty annoying hassle for what should have been a pleasurable last day. However another guest in the room oh had not booked the bed in advance and got there two days later than me didn't have to leave the room. Other than those things I really enjoyed this hostel. I love the bracelet key concept and the locker in my room.

Great hostel and excellent location. Rooms and bathrooms were cleaned daily. Wristbands for keys are very clever. Bar was cheap and very fun and lively at night although it closed early so it was really just a place to start the night. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Very easy to meet people there. Breakfast was typical hostel breakfast, nothing special. The highlight was air conditioning in the rooms though!

The hostel had a cool vibe. I really liked the lockers in the rooms and wristlet keys, because I felt my room and belongings were safe.

this is a very nice hostel, not too far from gothic area and attractions. free enterance to the clubs is a big plus! recommended.

This was my secibd stay at HelloBCN. Staff are very friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. The showers are a bit on the small side, it just means it's hard to dress in the stall. Standard breakfast. Common area is great to meet people. Thanks for a great stay!

Friendly staff, located at close distance from major tourist attractions.

Everything is good, except rooms are standing room only and hot.

it was a great experience, met some great people, and the staff was always helpful. I never woke up early enough for breakfast, but I enjoyed being here at Hello, and would recommend it to anyone for future visits...

Enormous hostel. They screwed up my reservation that I had made several weeks in advance, putting me in a larger room than I paid for. the staff were super nice about it though and tried to do everything they could to make up for it. Party atmosphere which i didn't like.

We felt very safety in this hostel because of every guest got a chip wristleband with which you can open the doors and the Loggers in the room. The Aircondition was a Little bit noisy. The staff was very helpful and friendly.

Best hostel I've stayed in! And you get free entry to different clubs every night of the week. The bar tenders were awesome and super helpful. The atmosphere was awesome and you can't beat a pitcher for 5€. Would reccomend this place to anyone staying in Barcelona

Best place to stay in Barcelona whether traveling solo or in a group. I love this spot and will stay here everytime.

• 20th Jul 2014

Relaxed atmosphere. The Belgian and Australian guys from the staff were really social and seemed to enjoy their work, while the rest were anonymous. Location isn't in the center, but around 20min walk from there. It is located in a poor(slum) neighborhood, but thats fine since all the cheap restaurants are located here. Nice common facilities with a bar, computers, sofas and a table tennis game. The gym is a scam. Was easy to meet new people and the hostel has lots of offers(rent out bikes)