HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

Bedrooms a little small, lots of common space in areas though. Breakfast was good relatively speaking if you're into carbo loading for breakfast. Small kitchen for size of hostel. Wifi worked in our room which was a plus. Wish there had been more plugs though.

Loved HelloBCN! The staff was great. Lots of other travelers to meet! Location was an easy walk to most places, and if not public transportation was super easy. I highly reccomend to other travelers as a great place to stay.

Great hostel to meet new people and get to know Barcelona's night life. The bedrooms are equipped with air conditioners which helped a lot and the staff was very kind to us during our stay. The location is good, it is next to a well connected metro station. Only problem in my opinion is the neighbourhood, it didn't look like a safe place at night.

Had a great time staying here, such a handy location and the staff are very helpful! Our room was clean and tidy and quiet at night.

Lack of outlets and the wifi sucks

Excellent hostel! Great facilities And breakfast! Not enough pulgs for everyone in the room. Security system is awesome! Best one I've ever seen (and I've been to a lot of hostel). The key as a armband is perfect for the beach and night out.

It was surprisingly safe and clean. When we were returning a bit late to the hostel, the front desk person asked to see our keys, which I really appreciated. The beds were also comfortable, and the lockers made storage convenient. Overall, impressed with the place.

• 11th Jul 2014

Had to share power plugs in room as not enough for everyone and bathroom and bedrooms very small but the staff were lovely

• 10th Jul 2014

My stay in HelloBCN was an excellent experience! Arrived with five other friends of mine who were travelling around Europe at the start of the month, and found that HelloBCN suited us perfectly! It's a great hostel to meet new people, with an awesome modern common area. Also, the hostel is really close to Lidl which was great, so we could buy our groceries very cheaply. Excellent location, very close to RabbitBike, a cheap Bike Rental shop, and everything was close to the hostel by foot as well

Great hostel with everything you need to enjoy a great trip to Barcelona.

A very big hostel for those who like that. I prefare smaller and more homely.

Really good key system with the electronic wrist bands which were used for the lockers too. The lack of privacy in the showers was my main complaint. Other than that, it was a good stay and I would recommend it :)

Positives: aesthetically great. Plenty of facilities, good ac and cleanliness was extremely high. Plenty of breakfast in the morning. The bar was nice, not overpriced. Negatives: staff were mechanical, responded to queries as short and swiftly as possible. When asked to recommend a restaurant they advised an expensive one (guys, we stay in hostels for a reason!!!). No sense of community in the hostel meant it felt more like a hotel. Seemed to be populated by Georgie Shore wannabes sadly...

• 28th Jun 2014
  • Scotland

Clean hostel. Showers not so. Good location. Nice location.

Great hostel, if you can afford it is great, excellent location, atmosphere and everything!

My friend and I stayed for 3 nights. The hostel was exceptionally clean, we had a twin room with private facilities as we are both over 50. Everyone was very friendly and we not made to feel unconfortable as everyone was at least 20 years younger than us!

• 19th Jun 2014