HelloBCN Hostel Reviews

Lafont, 8-10, Barcelona, Spain

The blankets in the room (205) have a terrible smell. Even if we have clean bed sheets (thank you!) we still can feel a little bit uncomfortable...

Didn't enjoy my stay at all. Tiny beds and tiny rooms. The showers shut off every 30 seconds, you have to keep pressing the button to turn the shower back on. It's close to the ocean but not close to any good bars or clubs.

Great, friendly and helpful staff. Great location, easy walk to the centre of town and right near the metro station to get back to the airport! Free breakfast which was fantastic and free wifi. Heating in the room for cold nights but also big windows to let the fresh air in. They have a scary cleaner who likes to yell in Spanish, so just avoid her when possible (she's the one with the scary glare). Overall fab place to stay!

• 16th Mar 2015

Very friendly staff, who adjusted some rules to fit our schedule. Specially with morning breakfast which will be normally prepared two hours later. We love that reception was open 24 hours a day. Very nice hostel, in which, I hope, we will return next year. Slovenian team at Barcelona Marathon

• 13th Mar 2015
  • Slovenia

Friendly staff, poor breakfast choices, no food served.

• 8th Mar 2015

Thanks for you feedback. Our breakfast is available from 8am to 10am each day. We offer a buffet style breakfast which means you help yourself to toast, cereal, tea, coffee or hot chocolate. It is a simple breakfast to get you started! Then you can head out and enjoy tapas and all the other great foods that Barcelona has to offer!

Had a great stay. Booked a private double room. Good location. Very friendly and helpful staff. Will definitely stay here again.

The only negative I had was the poor WiFi quality in the common room. Most of the time I tried to connect, I was unable to do so. Since I often work during my travels this might be a reason I'd consider different hotel next time I travel to Barcelona.

• 1st Mar 2015
  • Czech Republic

Showers that must be pressed every 10 seconds to stay on (think like those water conserving sinks) plus abominably slow wifi made for a less-than-average hostel experience. Breakfast could use some protein (all starch is normal for hostels though) and charging €3 for towels is shady.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next » last »