Helvetia House Reviews

Burak bb, Hvar, Croatia

Makes you use an out of house left luggage service when checking out, which cost almost half as much as a ferry ticket...not too accommodating for a traveler:( Otherwise the place is a sweet spot to stay with a great balcony view and very clean girls bathrooms and hot showers!

so good!!!!

• 19th Sep 2013
  • South Korea

We stayed at the apartment. Great location, very spacious and clean. Overall a very good place to stay

Thanks you so much Reno and his wife and Mum, we had a great time. Best hostel and great terrace. Staff were very welcoming and kind. Thank you Reno for a Great stay, love the Kiwis

I hope this is just my experience...... I stayed there for two nights but first night the guy stay on the top of my bunk bed brought in a girl..... An I know what will happen........... And it happened again in the second night I couldn't stand it and told home I just need a good sleep. I am not sure if this is the responsibility of the hostel and there isn't any rules forbidden such behavior but I guess "Respect Others" speaks everything!!!! I am really disappointed!

Reno, his mom and his wife were amazing! I felt like I was staying in a family members home. Very clean. Bedroom size is tight, but well worth it. The hostel is actually Reno's (owners) childhood home. Great location! Large lockers were available in each room and Reno let us keep our bags in his office after check-out. Room top, too!

Amazing time here in Hvar. Roof terrace great place to have a beer and meet other guests. Totes recommend!!

A little bit hard to find but since you find is one of the best hostelss I've ever stayed. Very clean, very in the center of hvar. The only con is that there is no breakfest, but since is very cheap it is ok.

Reno, the host, was great. He totally took our Croatia experience to a different level thanks to his hospitality. Thanks again! We had an awesome time.

• 30th Aug 2013

The stay was fantastic! Reno really helped make the trip and Hvar a wonderful experience for my girlfriend and I. The hospitality was like nothing I have experienced before in a hotel or hostel, and the facilities were fantastic at both his hostel and optional apartments. When we go back to Hvar, we will definitely stay at Helvetia again. Thanks Reno!

Family run hostel, excellently located close in the town and 1 minute walk to the ferry and port. Superb terrace with great views over the harbour perfect for relaxing with friends and chilling out. Highly recommended!

The location in good for a quick visit to the beach and very near supermarket. However too far to go back and for from the old town more than once a day. Bus fare each way adds about 3 pound a day to your accommodation. The people that run the hostel are really friendly and the place is clean and room area quite spacious. It is a good and safe place to stay when visiting theis beautiful city.

Great host, good to communicate with. Wonderful kitchen, belcony. Beautiful location. Friendly/social atmosphere. Very close to shops, beaches, ferry.

There is an amazing roof terrace with brilliant views! Hostel is really sociable and we met lots of cool people! Chilled out atmosphere and very central!

• 22nd Aug 2013
  • Scotland

So close to the centre of Hvar but still manages be quite peaceful when you're needing to sleep. Great facilities and communal terrace. Seemed to attract a really good crowd of people. The owner was great too! I'd definitely stay again!

Great hostel right in the centre of hvar, staff where all very helpful, I would definitely recommend it to anyone travelling to the island.

I stayed in Helvetia hostel with 2 friends this summer. The owner goes above and beyond the call of duty to be helpful, and its hard to imagine there is a better location when you are sat on the rooftop terrace overlooking the bay. I would definitely stay here again, and certainly recommend it to others.

• 14th Aug 2013

We really liked to stay at Helvetia hostel. First of all, we stayd at apartament, wich is very good, but is a bit far for the centrum. After two days we changed to the hostel and everything was perfetct too. The satff is to carefully with the guests asn the apartaments and the hostel are very clean, safe and have air consitionair, witch is very important in the summer. Thank you for the staff to take care of me and my friends, for sure we will be back again!

Simple place but nice. It has a good rooftop. I'd recommend it to friends.

No complains can be made about this place. Very comfortable facilities and incredibly friendly hosts.

• 8th Aug 2013