Helvetia House Reviews

Burak bb, Hvar, Croatia

A little difficult to find it in the first place, but once you do, you find yourself located at a great spot of Hvar city. The hostel should only provide a place where guests who checked out could securely leave their luggage.

Really nice hostel. It's not a party hostel, but it provides all the chances to meet nice people: big kitchen, terrace with a fridge... Location is fine and the staff is friendly. Big lockers and good toilets/showers.

We were staying in the apartments not the hostel so we were a little further out than we expected however we were still only about a 10min walk from the town centre. The staff were really friendly and helpful and even let us leave our bags at the apartment until 3pm when check out was at 10am

Best location and calm either. Very friendly stuff. Lovely terrace with on of the best views towars the fortress and the harbour.

This was quite a small place. Each person got a large locker with key. There's a kitchen, dining room table, and seating area outside. Rooms don't have so many beds. It's in a great location and the owner was very friendly. More expensive than I'd like, but it is Hvar and accommodations are more expensive there.

Great hostel. Owner is really friendly and helpful, you honestly can't get a better location. Also had a really nuce view, and a great terrace with a beer fridge for socializing. Room was secure and plenty big. Would absolutely recommend staying here.

Great Place, so close to the action yet not right by any clubs so quiet enough for a good nights sleep. Rooftop table area is the business! Will come back and have already recommended to friends :)

The apartment was more like 10-15mins walk from the centre rather than 5, so we were unaware we would be split up.

Location is awesome, super-friendly staff, easy to meet new people (especially since the hostel owner threw a barbecue party), lovely balcony with a view over Hvar town. I'd definitely come back here!

Some friends of I stayed in a apartment and it was awesome, the staff helped us with luggage and we stayed in the apartment only us, as we have asked. The place was really close to town, Security was awesome.... And also we had a barbecue from the owner with the best fish that I ate in the Island. Thanks

• 3rd Aug 2014

Very nice weekend stay for young group of 3 persons. Friendly staff and friendly guests. Got invited to a nice fish barbecue by the host with all of the guests one night. Highly recommended! The roof top terrace gives a nice view over the marina with the yachts, excellent point for having a drink before dinner.

The whole experience at Helvetia Hostel was good. The only thing is that the shower was not always warm.

Although this hostel was a bit expensive (I think it might be true for most on Hvar island) it was a lovely and welcoming hostel and the hostel am anger even took us all to his house for a home-cooked meal which was a great evening! Close to the sea and the town square and with everything you need near!

My stay at the Helvetia House was one of the best experience of my trip in Croatia. Despite the exceptional location of this hostel, the owner was the best host. He organised a bbq at his place, inviting around 15 backpackers from his hostel, and sharing with us home made wine and spirits, cakes, and grilled fish for an authentic Croatian dinner. The rest of the staff was also really nice. The only down side was that I booked a single room for 2 people with my friend and we got bunk beds...

A lovely hostel! It's a little hard to find but is really central and near to the catamaran terminal. When we arrived it was pouring with rain and the guy who owns the hostel was so nice and welcomed us helping us with our bags! Our room was nice and clean and the shared bathrooms are really clean too! They have a balcony and a fridge so we had breakfast on the roof in the sunshine and drinks there in the evening as the view is beautiful! Would definitely recommend!

Owner really friendly and helpful, got all the hostel people together one night for a big meal and drinks, the cooking was amazing!

• 27th Jul 2014

My friend and I had a great time staying here. It was easy to find and the hosts were very friendly and helpful.

This was the finest hostel I have ever stayed at. Reno, the owner, is very accommodating and a genuinely friendly person. I will not stay at a different hostel my next time visiting Hvar!

• 22nd Jul 2014

AMAZING LOCATION, CLEANLINESS, KITCHEN, TERRACE, SUNSET!! The BEST hostel in Hvar. I had a great stay here and extended it from 3 nights to 5 nights. We were even invited to the owners home for a hostel ‘family’ dinner which was absolutely fantastic as the owner is also a chef. His wife is gorgeous and Helvetia is like a second home now.

Great hostel, very clean. Lovely owner who had a whole group of us over to his house for a BBQ. Would definitely go back here!