Helvetia Munich City Center Reviews

Schillerstrasse 6, Munich, Germany

Good cheap hotel with nice location for a young couple. My wife and I stayed there for 3 days in August. Good if you're too old for a dorm-style hostel, want your own room and don't want to pay >80 euro a night.

• 24th Aug 2014

I liked the hotel. I thought it was very convenient to be SO close to the HBF. What I didn't like was that the entire hotel smelled like cigarette. You're not allowed to smoke but it still smells. The neighborhood is a bit -red-light district looking. I wasn't expecting that. Breakfast is good--nice variety of food.

This is a good choice if you want conveniently close to the Hauptbahnhof in Munich. The hotel itself is decent. Clean rooms and comfortable beds. However, it is in an area with a lot of beggars and immigrants. There are several casinos and a strip club on the same street. The price is very reasonable considering the amenities. A good hotel as long as you know you are getting what you pay for.

We enjoyed our stay a lot. The staff was really nice and answered all our question. The hotel is near the main train station and the city center - perfect combination! :-) I would stay there again the next time. :-)