Hercus Lapa Reviews

Rua da Lapa 207, Sobrado, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

They location is great for partying in Lapa, but it's not the safest of places at night. Doesn't help that his place is pretty disorganized and don't have very clean facilities. The dorm rooms are not very comfortable and they have zero lockers to secure money or passports. There were some nice people but I don't think I would stay there again, mainly because of the price. Not much value for the price I paid.

We stayed in this hostel for only 1 night. We were in Rio the week before and to Ilha Grande for a couple of nights (highly recommended btw!). This hostel is located in THE nightlife neighboorhoud of Rio, Lapa. If you are looking for nightlife this hostel is located perfectly at a max 3 min walk. The dorm rooms are however not the best we ve stayed. No windows, so you tend to get a really muff room with 10-12 people in it, despite the airco. Showers and toilets are not to clean and far to few!

I reserved the bed via Hostel World, paid the advance payment and contacted the hostel. They told me that they had no bed for me. I wrote twice to Hostel World to get my payment back, but still got no response.

View all Rio de Janeiro Hostels