Herdersbrug Hostel Reviews

Lodewijk Coiseaukaai 46, Dudzele, Bruges, Belgium

A nice clean well run hostel. A bit of a walk to get to tourist town bus. No bars or restaurants nearby but lots of nice cows. A little pricey but the staff were super friendly

Hostel was fine but the location was not so good. It was a long walk to a bustop that went to bruge and there were no pubs or restaurants nearby. The hostel was clean and the staff were as expected but there was no real atmosphere and not a good place to meet new people.

About 6km away from Bruges. Nice aplace to stay but a lot of families stay here too. Not a lot of places to eat nearby.

Such a cute place in such a cute area! Everything was very nice and the bike rentals were an awesome way to bike through the country side and get into town!

No 24/7 reception

• 18th Jul 2015

I'm a flight attendant and travel on very short notice when I'm off and find a flight with seats open. I booked this hostel only because it was the most affordable option near Brussels (where I flew into). It was a process to get there but I saved a ton of money- an hour train ride, then waiting almost an hour for the bus (41 or 42) and then a 20 min ride on there (get off at Dudzele Dorp) then walk 10 mins. Staff (Manuel) was excellent though! Really awesome free breakfast. Good wifi. Clean.

Manuel was very welcoming and helpful to get me oriented for my quick trip. Especially helpful was that he pointed out the best place to park my car in Bruge. Room was exactly what you would expect and I got a solid night of sleep. Unfortunately, the Hostelworld information is pretty outdated in terms of ammenities. In addition, the roads in the area are under construction, so make sure you have a decent map!