Herdersbrug Hostel Reviews

Lodewijk Coiseaukaai 46, Dudzele, Bruges, Belgium

I'm a flight attendant and travel on very short notice when I'm off and find a flight with seats open. I booked this hostel only because it was the most affordable option near Brussels (where I flew into). It was a process to get there but I saved a ton of money- an hour train ride, then waiting almost an hour for the bus (41 or 42) and then a 20 min ride on there (get off at Dudzele Dorp) then walk 10 mins. Staff (Manuel) was excellent though! Really awesome free breakfast. Good wifi. Clean.

Manuel was very welcoming and helpful to get me oriented for my quick trip. Especially helpful was that he pointed out the best place to park my car in Bruge. Room was exactly what you would expect and I got a solid night of sleep. Unfortunately, the Hostelworld information is pretty outdated in terms of ammenities. In addition, the roads in the area are under construction, so make sure you have a decent map!

I thought it was an extremely clean and nice hostel, but the location was a little bit far from the main center. It was not too bad to walk to but it did not feel like I was in Brugge. Overall, helpful staff and great that breakfast was included!

This place is 10 minutes by car from Brugge so it is good if you have a car to get there and if you are a big group of friends since the atmosphere is not ideal to meet people but it definitely is a good value for money!

City buses in hostel's dir (N 41, 42) run at a gap of 45 mins. last bus at night is at 10. so if you party at night, you'll need a cab. Bus ticket is €3 per trip (or €5 day pass). I stayed for 2 days and ended up paying more than for another place in Bruges. Shuttle facility no more exists (which was a nightmare as my train was in morning and buses start late so had to do a cab) Hostel facilities are ok.. wifi, rooms, canal but they should be more transparent about shuttle nd local transport.

• 8th May 2015