Here Be Dragons Reviews

East Bank, Sangker River, Near Wat Sangker, Battambang, Cambodia

Great hostel for socialising. Good food and cheap beer. The staff organised our boat onwards to Siem Reap as well. Would definitely stay here again.

i had a pleasant stay here - it was decent, super friendly and easy to feel comfortable. the only negative i had was my room lock didnt work so i used the bar's locker facilities instead. not ideal (though they dont suggest you leave valuables in the room anyway) so hopefully they have fixed this. also, i thought the sheets were a bit scratchy as they seemed a bit worn. all minor things when you compare it to the positives.

U can't eat self takeaway food in the open area which I think is ridiculous but which I accept because I think I can understand that they may don't want to do extra cleaning work for they don't get money. Other things are pretty nice

Very chill out place with friendly staff!

The perfect place to get stuck ;) the lounge area is really nice and all outside.

Best hostel I've stayed in cambodia

A nice place to stay, they put some effort into the hostel. Really nice staff and quite affordable

We stayed in a double room for ten bucks a night, which we thought was a little pricey considering we had cold showers. But good place to stay for backpackers, plenty of fellow travellers there. Clean enough, good food, decent bar (slooow service), friendly staff, great garden to lounge.

The vibe of the place was great. I was only passing through for the night but the staff made me feel very welcome. The food was good and there was live Khmer music in-house that night. I had a private room that was quiet and comfortable. The shower wasn't great but used a communal shower downstairs and it was fine. Good place to stay if you are in Battambang.

By far the best hostel we've stayed in in Cambodia! Amazing relaxed atmosphere, sociable vibe and bar, helpful staff, and clean rooms: what more can you wish for. If you visit Battambang, this is the place to be.

This hostel was great. Super friendly staff and great atmosphere. I wish we could have stayed longer than one night. Everything was very clean too.

Look, you certainly get what you pay for. But the dorm bunk beds were large and comfortable, the fans were effective (I didn't die of the heat as I'd feared I would after reading other reviews here) and individual lock-boxes and padlocks were provided. Food was good and staff were friendly and helpful. Bathrooms were extremely basic and fairly clean. Loved the comfy chairs and hammocks outside.

Good, chilled out hostel, but I hated that smoking by staff and customers was allowed inside the bar area (the only indoor common area). The hostel tuk tuk driver is very nice and helpful. I highly recommend going to the Circus just out of town

Excellent. Very good for money and clean. Incredibly sociable and helpful with transport, tips about the area and Cambodia in general. Would stay again!

• 17th May 2014

This place was amazing. The staff Jen, Feg, Jackie and the rest of the crew are insanely wicked. Planned to stay for one night, five nights later forced myself to leave. The place is great to just relax in all day if you like. The food is great, beer is available and the friendly staff are always up for some banter at the bar. The chairs/hammocks are super comfy and the toilets are clean all day everyday which is a rarity in hostels (specially at $3/night dorm room). A++

• 15th May 2014
  • New Zealand

Definitely recommend to stay here. Great staff, nice vibe, yummy food. The only downside is the temperature in the bedrooms, other than that it's a good place to stay. Lots of fans downstairs to cool you down. Lots of chill out places, including rooftop.

I guess Here Be Dragons is THE place to stay for backpackers in Battambang. Good staff, cheap dorms and beer, nice atmosphere and even a security guard in the front yard. From here you can get pretty fast to downtown and there are hordes of Tuk Tuk drivers waiting for tourists anyway. Thumbs up!

Great place with excellent food. Good sized dorm with comfortable bed just hot. Great advice from the English owners. And cheap drinks. A beer on check in is great as well.

The hostel had a really chilled, friendly atmosphere and the Wednesday quiz was so fun. The staff were brilliant, everyone was welcoming, chatty and helpful no matter what the time of day. The bathrooms were always clean and everything worked well but they were a bit basic and doing them up would make a big (if purely aesthetic) difference. They seemed to be full every night so book ahead!

Great set up (especially the roof area), great staff, friendly owners. My only downer would be the dorm room I stayed in was very hot, the fans didn't help, this room needs some ventilation from outside.