Hester Road Reviews

2-8 Hester Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, England

Great place! Would be better if bed sheet and duvet covers are provided without additional charges.

Poor organization: got an e-mail with instruction how to get a key for my room already in a bus going to Portsmouth bedding left in the room while they offer to make a bed for you for extra charge I was ask to left money behind when I'll be leaving the last day got info from bank that it's been taken out of my account (didn't leave money in the room after that) Other issues: bathrooms and rooms in need of a proper clean, lack of toilet paper lack of trash bins

A hoover would help.

It was not clear on booking that no member of staff would be there no greet us. When we arrived we did not know where the hostel was as there was no signs and on the website it said it was number 2-8 Hester Road. We waited outside for 45 minutes until somebody came out of a house and I asked if she was staying at the hostel and she gave me a contact number for staff who arrived twenty minutes later. We were actually staying at 22 Hester Road.

• 16th Aug 2013

On occassions it is not possible to wait for guests to arrive. on the confirmation we provide a 24hr mobile number for guests to make contact with and arrange access either by key code or key collection.

A decent enough place to stay in. I had a private room, so security wasn't an issue. It was not all that clean, but being a student house you don't really expect much and apart from the excess of hair in the shower it as OK. The distance from the city's sights was a bit much, but buses are always an option if you don't like to walk (40 min at a relaxed pace to Gunwharf Quays).

View all Portsmouth Bed and Breakfasts