Hester Road Reviews

2-8 Hester Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, England

I expected basic and I got it! The only reason I stayed here was because it was in walking distance of the Victorious Festival and everywhere else was either fully booked or too expensive.

• 22nd Aug 2014

One shower didn't work well. Just water... And kitchen was actually messy, I meant no one cares about after washing plates, cups and etc.

Never seen an home/hostel more dirty then this one. Spotted two mouses, one in the kitchen, one in the living room. The garden outside the room was full of hundrends of empty bottle of wine/beer. The back door (on the garden) was broken, and then open 24/7. Awful.

• 11th Aug 2014

Unfortunately unable to stay due to a stuff-up on my part. It would otherwise have suited my purposes in relation to access to the Portsmouth ferry terminal. I went through through Plymouth instead.

I had recieved no e-mail comfirmation from the hostel, which apparently was needed because when we got to the 'hostel' we had no reception whatso ever, the only reason we were able to get a hold of the person in charge was because another travelor was stuck in the livingroom waiting with us and had the number of Lucas. So I ended up calling and had to leave a message, wait for the call back and then wait for the guy to get there and let us into our rooms which didn't lock.

• 5th Aug 2014