Hester Road Reviews

2-8 Hester Road, Southsea, Portsmouth, England

Never seen an home/hostel more dirty then this one. Spotted two mouses, one in the kitchen, one in the living room. The garden outside the room was full of hundrends of empty bottle of wine/beer. The back door (on the garden) was broken, and then open 24/7. Awful.

• 11th Aug 2014

Unfortunately unable to stay due to a stuff-up on my part. It would otherwise have suited my purposes in relation to access to the Portsmouth ferry terminal. I went through through Plymouth instead.

I had recieved no e-mail comfirmation from the hostel, which apparently was needed because when we got to the 'hostel' we had no reception whatso ever, the only reason we were able to get a hold of the person in charge was because another travelor was stuck in the livingroom waiting with us and had the number of Lucas. So I ended up calling and had to leave a message, wait for the call back and then wait for the guy to get there and let us into our rooms which didn't lock.

• 5th Aug 2014

I had a room of my own for £16 which was very good with clean sheets and a double bed. Sadly the kitchen was piled high with dirty pots and the hallway was grubby. There was no toilet paper and the back door seemed to have been left open all night. The worker was surprised to see me ( as I looked well over student age). He said it was a student house. That may have explained the mess. But it was quiet with a good pub at the end of the road and a frequent bus service to the centre.

Acceptable price, relatively good location with bus stop only few metres.

• 27th Jul 2014
  • Czech Republic

The cleanliness is awful, dirty quilt, dirty toilet with no toliet paper in it. I got a broken light in my room and tried to call the owner, but no one answered (no reception there). Well, you got what you paid.

Nice place to stay in. (Don't forget your toilet paper)

View all Portsmouth Bed and Breakfasts