Hey Hostel Reviews

Rua Bartolomeu Zunega, 43 - Pinheiros, Sao Paulo, Brazil

My boyfriend had such a great stay here and we loved Sao Paulo in general. We decided to stay two extra nights. Hostel staff were the friendliest ive come across, they all speak english well. Computers work well, there is a large space to sit ourside for smoking etc with tables and chairs, a hammock and a bean bag. The kitchen is clean, as well as the fridge and is good for cooking in. There's always music or a film playing and the atmosphere is really good! I really recommend this hostel!!!!

• 16th Jan 2015

Could do with air con!

EXCELLENT hostel. Loved it down to the last detail. Great location close to the metro station and close to a lively night-life area, very helpful staff, wonderful bed in the private room and the dormitory was good too (everyone has an individual light and a locker. I completely recommend!

The staff was very nice and very helpful. They gave me good advices of what to visit around and good places to go. I liked the place and atmosphere. The breakfast is included but could be a little bit improved. The cleanliness is ok.

I stayed at Hey Hostel with my girlfriend in a standard double privet room. We were both very impressed with the room. The bed had a memory foam pad and nice pillows. There were even extra blankets provided in the extra large closet. All of the locks at Hey are very modern and secure. The bathrooms were better than the average Brazilian washroom although it would have been nice if it had handsoap. The hostel staff were very nice and helpful and the facilities are spacious. Great location as well

The hostel staff is really friendly, always ready to give useful tips and help. The hostel is located near the subway, making it easy to get around. It was kind of deserted (of guests), though. We got the private room and didn't really see anybody on the common areas. Bathrooms could be much cleaner. Other than that, nice place.

Pleasant and tidy hostel in an excellent location - within a safe walk of the Vila Madelina nightspots and very close to the subway at Faria Lima. Comfy beds and staff full of helpful advice (especially if you're into football!). Only potential criticism was that the hostel was very quiet when we stayed there. We may have just been unlucky with fellow guests, but we didn't find it easy to meet new people!

Very friendly and helpful staff, I must say that! The hostel is some 400 meters away from the subway station, and very good value from the money =)

Could only stay for one night but would really have liked to stayed longer, nice stuff, good social areas to meet people

I had a great stay here. The staff were very friendly to chat to and I felt safe in the hoste. They've got a nice communal area downstairs!

• 20th Sep 2014

Great location. Safe. Excellent helpful staff. Definetely vhossing them again when i go back to SP

Very good location close to Metro. It's not a party hostel, you can actually get sleep. The beds were comfortable. WIFI works great everywhere. The owner is an awesome guy! I will stay again if I am back in Sao Paulo.

Really enjoy staying at Hey Hostel. Quiet down to earth Hostel. Not far from nearby bars if you want to go out drinking. Quiet for those looking for sleep. Staff were awesome.

Great hostel in a great part of town. Awesomely helpful staff amd spacious enough dorms and bathrooms.

The only hostel at which I ve seen each bed have its own plug socket and reading light. Typifies this hostel's modern feel - a hostel run by people who have actually stayed in a hostel before. Plug sockets in lockers for charging of valuables whilst you gallop through São Paulo's skyscraper-lined monuments to the automobile are a further boon. Great staff create a homely atmosphere (if you home has a slightly subpar breakfast).

Great hostel and very friendly and helpful stuff! Near to the metro, so you can easily reach erverything. Would stay there again.

Great hostel all around! If I were to suggest anything it would be to have AC on the room, sometimes the room gets pretty warm.

The location is excellent. Just off the centre of Via Madalena. I can recommend this hostel for people travelling together. The set up of the hostel is not so good to hook up with others. The hostel does not actively set up activities. Beers are available, but no bar atmosphere. I think with a minor adjustment this could be a top 10er.

We booked 2 nights in this hostel, but stayed for 4 nights because we were happily surprised about the hostel and about São Paulo. The staff was very friendly and welcoming. The hostel was clean and close to the subway. Good value for money.

The best of Hey Hostel: Security, Location and Cleanliness. The owners had already traveled around the world. Due to this, they have the experience to offer the best for the hosts. I hugely recommend.

• 23rd Nov 2013