Heynow Hostel Old Town Reviews

Florianska 5, Krakow, Poland

Fantastic location right next to the market square and walking distance to all of Krakows must sees. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Free and secure luggage storage was provided if you arrived earlier than check-in or left later than check-out. Bathroom were very clean and modern, same with bedrooms. Complimentary continental breakfast also included which was great for the early starts. I'd definitely stay here again and would highly recommend this hostel to all my friends!

• 21st Sep 2014

The room was very dirty. It looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. When we arrived one of our beds was broken. I mean broken with the wooden slats all split. We asked for a new room and the front desk tried to charge us for TWO rooms since we didn't want to stay in the one with the broken bed. Also. The place smelled terrible. Our room reaked. The internet was atrocious. You could only reach it from the kitchen, and then it was incredibly slow. Wouldn't stay here again.

My friend and I arrived early in the morning and planned to drop off our luggage and head out to a cafe waiting for the city to wake up, but our room was free so they let us go straight to our room and eat breakfast. That was awesome because we needed to rest after travelling all night. Met some awesome people here and ended up staying 3 extra nights. Location is perfect. Breakfast a little lacking but decent enough. Wifi is terrible though, you need to use it in the common areas.

Location is AMAZING! Prime spot right near the old square. I heard the trumpeter every day from our room, very nice tune although he doesn't seem to finish it all the way. Not sure why! (just kidding) No hair dryer in the bathroom was disappointing. Staff was courteous and helpful, printed last minute concert tickets for me free of charge! There was a slight smell in the hallways, may have been from a person who had a bit too much to drink, wish it could be aired out a bit more.

Such a great hostel, perfect location, friendly staff, breakfast included, fresh bed linen, nice bathroom facilites, what is there more to wish for?!

Very friendly staff - even offering to have a breakfast for me although I was leaving exceptionally early in the morning!

• 13th Jul 2014

This was a really nice and quiet hostel to catch your breath after a lot of heavy partying. There were a lot of older guests, who were friendly though. The kitchen is thoroughly equipped with free breakfast! The best hostel kitchen we' ve seen so far. Common room & shower were also really nice. Excellent location, right next to the main square. The hostel itself however, was desolated. We just didn't see a lot of people. But we had good nights of sleep and had a good stay here.

A good hostel but quite expensive. Very dark and gloomy inside. They say no stag-do groups allowed but there were two groups there during my stay!

The location is the best, just next to the main square. The room and toilet were clean, though the toilets could be better maintained (2 toilets ran out of toilet paper at the same time). Overall, it's recommended to stay here!

• 28th May 2014
  • Singapore

The Location of the Hostel is absolutely amazing, just next to the main market square but it is still quiet as it's in a backyard. The entire accomodation was really clean, everything was in good shape and also the breakfast was enough for a good start into the day. The only downthing was that it was fairly chilly in the entire building, but as long as pack a jumper you will be just fine! (and we are talking from an always freezing girls perspective) We can absolutely recommend it!

It was cold, no blanket, no heating. not enough bath facilities

I stayed here for two nights as I was travelling by myself, found it to be in a great location, its literally on the square and close to everything kraków has to offer which is a lot. Staff were fantastic and highlighted all the major attractions and how to get there. Atmosphere was a little lacking but it was ok. All in all a really good hostel if you want to be in the centre of kraków.