Hi 5 Hostel Reviews

Nagymezo utca 27, Budapest, Hungary

Pros: Great location - tram & metro is within walking distance Good place to meet fellow travellers Reasonably clean Cons: Wifi was not working Located next to bars - can get noisy at night

Awesome staff and great location!

• 4th Nov 2014

Definitely would come back to Hi 5 again! Hopefully the wifi and the heating in the other building will be working by then, that would be ideal! Great vibes from staff and the place itself, real chill place to hang in.

The hostel is in a fantastic location, however the place has a strange layout and the quality of the rooms and toilets are sub-par. There seemed to be more volunteer-staff than actual guests, which created a strange 'cliquey' atmosphere. The hostel would do well to create a more social atmosphere, and put an effort into more events at night.

You get what you pay for here. Cheap hostel in good location, but currently going through renovations and bathrooms were in pretty rough shape.No free dinner, unlike how its advertised. Staff ok, seemed as if they were more focused on doing their own thing. I would stay there again, because of its value.

Awesome hostel, Awesome staff and really well located!

the worst

• 17th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Hi Gun, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your stay with us. Would you please be able to elaborate on your review so as we are better able to understand where we have gone wrong. Our aim is make everyone's stay the best possible.If there is anything we could do to remedy this please let us know. Looking forward to your timely response. Kindest Regards, The Hi 5 Team

Everyone is absolutely fantastic :) what a great time!!

Everything is great about the place. Just the location is slightly out of the way. But great staff and overall stay experience more than make up for it. Very happening hostel to stay in. Could choose to be part of a very happening program that the hostel itself sets up or can explore the city more leisurely independently. Overall, would definitely recommend.

Thanks for all the help take care and stay safe

• 2nd Oct 2014

Awesome and homely hostel. The staff are amazing and know how to show you a good time (the nightly events are fun), and they also direct you to local places of interest. Location is great, close to bars, clubs and shops!! STAY HERE!!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Great location! The best staff in the world :). See you next year. Osijek Waterpolo team!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Croatia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Really awesome hostel! The staff absolutely make it. They also sort out the spa party ticket on Saturday nights for you. Just remember to bring a minimum of 6000 for your tab. Location is also great. You certainly made 4 Irish boys fall in love with Budapest.

This is a party hostel which was great for the atmosphere - but it was pretty dirty, there were no locks on some of the bathroom doors, no soap etc. Staff were not very knowledgable about the local area - I asked about buses to the main station and nobody knew! I think they were more interested in going out - which is fine but even the bar crawl wasn't great - only two bars?! It could be good if staff were better trained and someone cleaned! I also noticed a huge rat in the courtyard.

Seriously don't write reviews often but Hi 5 deserves one. Coolest staff I encountered traveling. Super helpful and knowledgable. Literally gave me the best map drawing I've ever gotten (thanks again Kari and Kitty). Awesome vibe, great for partying and meeting people but also able to get sleep if needed (everyone leaves at 10pm). Location is prime. Awesome clubs and bars all down the street, 24hr kebab shop down the road (huge plus) and a liquor store around the corner. Don't look any further

• 4th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in!! The staff and the friendly environment was amazing!!

The 'organised fun' element get's a bit stale especially when there are lots of big-headed 18 year olds about. Laundry facilities only for staff is a bit poor. Had a couple of maintenance issues while I was there (lights and hot water went while I was having a shower) Other than those things, it's a pretty nice place, fantastic location next to all the amenities (24hr shop, supermarket, bank, 24hr bakery, restaurants, clubs, bars, train station) and is quite a fun place to stay.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Had a great stay here! I was travelling with two other girls and we all thought it was comfortable, clean and good value for money! The shared facilities were cleaned daily and the communal areas were great. Free wifi, free breakfast, big kitchen with all facilities for cooking, sofas, tv and computers were ideal for us and other travellers. Great lively atmosphere encouraged socialising with fun drinking games and organised nights out. No complaints, had a great time!!

I was dissapointed with the staff. I just get my key at the second day, because They didnt know where the key was. Besides they were not worried about this situation. I think they are not very helpful.The room was not so clean. But the location is good, near the subway and easy to find. subway

Very good atmosphere for young people looking for a easy hostel close to the city center and people to meet easily. The staff is pretty kind. The weak points are: low security (we couldn't lock our room during the night), dirtiness (trash everywhere, dirty bathroom, dirty bed sheets), facilities (toilet often out of order, very poor breakfast, unclean common area).

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4