Hi 5 Hostel Reviews

Nagymezo utca 27, Budapest, Hungary

Please avoid this hostel! Things were stolen from us, while living here. No long rant, please avoid this hostel.

There were some security issues while staying there and things got pretty crazy on NYE but overall it was an average party hostel.

• 28th Dec 2014

I don't recommend this hostel. It's poorly run and currently under construction. You had to go outside to use the bathroom and shower (I stayed here in the winter and it was snowing). The bathrooms also look like they're never cleaned.

I was recommended to stay at Hi 5 from a fellow traveller I met in another hostel and they were so right. I heard Budapest was the place to have a good time and that Hi 5 was in the ideal location to take advantage of this and it truly was. The staff were very helpful and the hostel itself has a lovely at home feel which is exactly what I look for in a hostel.

• 10th Dec 2014

so niceeeeee :D

• 6th Dec 2014
  • Spain

Fun party hostel. The staff are a riot and up for anything. There was some renovations going on, and you have to walk outside to get to your room, so it wasn't that clean, but I suppose it adds to the atmosphere!

Perfect location, friendly staff, fun environment, and so so worth the price!

• 21st Nov 2014

Hi 5 has the best atmosphere of all hostels I have been to. The staff is like a big friend group from all over the world, always happy! They welcomed me right away and invited me to a partynight at the hostel the same night. I had lots of fun in beer pong with them and pub crawling!! They are all very open minded! Easy to make friends there! There are a lot of great bars in the neighbourhood. My room was in a different building from the main one, just across the street. A big common room!

Pros: Great location - tram & metro is within walking distance Good place to meet fellow travellers Reasonably clean Cons: Wifi was not working Located next to bars - can get noisy at night

Awesome staff and great location!

• 4th Nov 2014

Definitely would come back to Hi 5 again! Hopefully the wifi and the heating in the other building will be working by then, that would be ideal! Great vibes from staff and the place itself, real chill place to hang in.

The hostel is in a fantastic location, however the place has a strange layout and the quality of the rooms and toilets are sub-par. There seemed to be more volunteer-staff than actual guests, which created a strange 'cliquey' atmosphere. The hostel would do well to create a more social atmosphere, and put an effort into more events at night.

You get what you pay for here. Cheap hostel in good location, but currently going through renovations and bathrooms were in pretty rough shape.No free dinner, unlike how its advertised. Staff ok, seemed as if they were more focused on doing their own thing. I would stay there again, because of its value.

Staff are extremely helpful and fun. However, that only goes so far. The building is quite run down, and easy to hear people in other rooms. Awesome if you are looking to party the whole time but if you plan on having any down nights I would not recommend. There is technically a after 10pm silence rule but it is completely disregarded. Weird that we were put in a separate building as well. Hard to find as there is only a piece of paper taped to the door.

Awesome hostel, Awesome staff and really well located!

the worst

• 17th Oct 2014
  • South Korea

Hi Gun, I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your stay with us. Would you please be able to elaborate on your review so as we are better able to understand where we have gone wrong. Our aim is make everyone's stay the best possible.If there is anything we could do to remedy this please let us know. Looking forward to your timely response. Kindest Regards, The Hi 5 Team

Everyone is absolutely fantastic :) what a great time!!

Everything is great about the place. Just the location is slightly out of the way. But great staff and overall stay experience more than make up for it. Very happening hostel to stay in. Could choose to be part of a very happening program that the hostel itself sets up or can explore the city more leisurely independently. Overall, would definitely recommend.

Thanks for all the help take care and stay safe

• 2nd Oct 2014

Great hostel, this pace is a part unto itself. Best staff I've ever been around. In 3 days I made some really great friends. And they've got big plans for 2015.