Hi 5 Hostel Reviews

Nagymezo utca 27, Budapest, Hungary

I had one of my best days in Europe and Hi5 party hostel was one of the the reason.......Thank you for everything.....:) see you soon....:)

• 4th Aug 2014
  • India

Nicest staff ever! They let me crash in the common area when the rooms were all booked and were really helpful with everything. Great place to get the night started as well, really social and fun environment.

Amazing place to stay. So many lovely people. Am definitely coming back next year!

• 25th Jul 2014

The beat party hostel ever. Had so much if fun there. You can just chill there and the atmosphere is just great. If relax and party is on the plan then this is the hostel for you

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • India

My stay at Hi 5 hostel was AMAZING! The staff literally made my stay there. Henry was very friendly and accommodating (not to mention handsome as eff). When I had an issue, Emma solved it ASAP. Seriously, these guys make you feel like family the instant you arrive. Henry, Emma, Becca, and Alias are seriously the best!!!!!!! I extended my stay several days because I had so much fun at Hi 5

• 23rd Jul 2014

Amazing, these guys know how to have a good time. Definitely recommend this place.

Hi 5 is a real party hostel! Don't expect quite nights if you go there. The staff is great! Will help you with everything. The atmosphere is great! Nice to meet people in the common room and you can also use the kitchen. I traveled alone, but even though I was the only non-english speaking girl (rest of the hostel is from GBR-USA-AUS) I felt really welcome! It's not the cleanest hostel, but it's okay. The only negative thing I have is the security. Everybody can walk in each others rooms.

Staff were amazing. Particularly Henry and Rob.

I found this hostel to be flawed- I found that some (not all though) staff members were very rude, were more interested in shouting and 'being cool' than making me feel welcome in the hostel & telling me about their facilities.It does not provide a safe in reception to put valuable belongings in(passport etc...) & also does not provide padlocks for lockers(a helpful staff member got one for me). Matress and Pillows were filthy.The hostel is big and busy so this might explain poor staff&hygiene

The best hostel I've been to... as soon as I arrived, my friend and I booked a fourth night! The staff and the guests are friendly and such a laugh. I was sad to leave! You have literally everything you could ever need within a five minute walking distance. Love Hi 5!

• 13th Jul 2014

I cannot express enough how much I recommend this place to any traveller. Easily one of the best weekends of my life and a massive change to other hostels I've been to before. The Staff were excellent and I think that made the trip. It was a social hub for any travellers solo or in a group, it made no difference. I had to extend my stay and I still didn't want to leave. Definitely going back. Also it is easy to find, close to everything and if you like nights out partying, this place is for you!

A really nice hostel which became like a whole experience, offering drinkinggames and exciting events like the pool party and the party cruise on the river. Only thing that bothered us was the fact that we (4people) got two seperate rooms but when we asked to switch to the same they said it wasn't possible even though there were two empty beds in one of our roomsfour of the five nights we stayed at high 5. Weird because we said we would switch even if it was only possible for some of the nights.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

If you looking for a place to party in Budapest non stop thats your place no doubts... Staff is really helpfull and friendly....

Great hostel, great facilities (wi-fi, kitchen, free breakfast!) perfect location and friendly, helpful staff. The downstairs area is always filled with people, watching a movie in the living room, playing pool or drinking games before heading into the city nightlife. It goes without saying that we really enjoyed our stay. The only downside was that we received just one key, because they were working on implementing a new system. Oh, and bring earplugs if you plan on sleeping :)

• 7th Jul 2014

It's a party hostel, don't complain about how it's not clean or whatever. The staff are all absolutely amazing, the atmosphere is great and they let you know what's going on every night to make sure you have the best time. Drinking games at 8pm. Avery the dog puts the icing on the cake as well.

I can't express how much I recommend this hostel Throughout our whole inter rail trip this was by far the most fun and friendly hostel we stayed in, Perfect location in the coolest city! The staff were ace, so helpful, friendly and welcoming. After trying to extend out stay, but rooms were fully booked Ollie sorted us rooms in their new hostel, which was looking amazing, as long as we helped build beds! The staff went to any effort to help us and were all ridiculously cool! thank you Hi 5!

Great atmosphere. Also must commend the staff. There was a mix up with my booking and desk handled it really well ensuring that I got a bed and for a lower price due to the mistake.

Second time staying here- excellent location across the road from good bars and in an awesome neighborhood, walking distance from everything. Rooms are spacious- curtains on every bed. Staff are friendly and will party hard with you pretty much every night (if that's what you want)! Ollie and oscar personally took us out with them when we wanted to go drinking and recommended some great clubs for us afterwards. Cheers ;) - Jay

to party hard.

Amazing staff. Lot of fun. Young people- MUST GO!

• 30th Jun 2014