Hi 5 Party Hostel Reviews

Nagymezo utca 27, Budapest, Hungary

Awesome and homely hostel. The staff are amazing and know how to show you a good time (the nightly events are fun), and they also direct you to local places of interest. Location is great, close to bars, clubs and shops!! STAY HERE!!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Democratic Rep. of Congo

Great location! The best staff in the world :). See you next year. Osijek Waterpolo team!

• 19th Sep 2014
  • Croatia
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Really awesome hostel! The staff absolutely make it. They also sort out the spa party ticket on Saturday nights for you. Just remember to bring a minimum of 6000 for your tab. Location is also great. You certainly made 4 Irish boys fall in love with Budapest.

This is a party hostel which was great for the atmosphere - but it was pretty dirty, there were no locks on some of the bathroom doors, no soap etc. Staff were not very knowledgable about the local area - I asked about buses to the main station and nobody knew! I think they were more interested in going out - which is fine but even the bar crawl wasn't great - only two bars?! It could be good if staff were better trained and someone cleaned! I also noticed a huge rat in the courtyard.

Seriously don't write reviews often but Hi 5 deserves one. Coolest staff I encountered traveling. Super helpful and knowledgable. Literally gave me the best map drawing I've ever gotten (thanks again Kari and Kitty). Awesome vibe, great for partying and meeting people but also able to get sleep if needed (everyone leaves at 10pm). Location is prime. Awesome clubs and bars all down the street, 24hr kebab shop down the road (huge plus) and a liquor store around the corner. Don't look any further

• 4th Sep 2014

One of the best hostels I've stayed in!! The staff and the friendly environment was amazing!!

The 'organised fun' element get's a bit stale especially when there are lots of big-headed 18 year olds about. Laundry facilities only for staff is a bit poor. Had a couple of maintenance issues while I was there (lights and hot water went while I was having a shower) Other than those things, it's a pretty nice place, fantastic location next to all the amenities (24hr shop, supermarket, bank, 24hr bakery, restaurants, clubs, bars, train station) and is quite a fun place to stay.

• 23rd Aug 2014

Had a great stay here! I was travelling with two other girls and we all thought it was comfortable, clean and good value for money! The shared facilities were cleaned daily and the communal areas were great. Free wifi, free breakfast, big kitchen with all facilities for cooking, sofas, tv and computers were ideal for us and other travellers. Great lively atmosphere encouraged socialising with fun drinking games and organised nights out. No complaints, had a great time!!

I was dissapointed with the staff. I just get my key at the second day, because They didnt know where the key was. Besides they were not worried about this situation. I think they are not very helpful.The room was not so clean. But the location is good, near the subway and easy to find. subway

Very good atmosphere for young people looking for a easy hostel close to the city center and people to meet easily. The staff is pretty kind. The weak points are: low security (we couldn't lock our room during the night), dirtiness (trash everywhere, dirty bathroom, dirty bed sheets), facilities (toilet often out of order, very poor breakfast, unclean common area).

I had one of my best days in Europe and Hi5 party hostel was one of the the reason.......Thank you for everything.....:) see you soon....:)

• 4th Aug 2014
  • India

Nicest staff ever! They let me crash in the common area when the rooms were all booked and were really helpful with everything. Great place to get the night started as well, really social and fun environment.

Amazing place to stay. So many lovely people. Am definitely coming back next year!

• 25th Jul 2014

The beat party hostel ever. Had so much if fun there. You can just chill there and the atmosphere is just great. If relax and party is on the plan then this is the hostel for you

• 23rd Jul 2014
  • India

My stay at Hi 5 hostel was AMAZING! The staff literally made my stay there. Henry was very friendly and accommodating (not to mention handsome as eff). When I had an issue, Emma solved it ASAP. Seriously, these guys make you feel like family the instant you arrive. Henry, Emma, Becca, and Alias are seriously the best!!!!!!! I extended my stay several days because I had so much fun at Hi 5

• 23rd Jul 2014

Amazing, these guys know how to have a good time. Definitely recommend this place.

Hi 5 is a real party hostel! Don't expect quite nights if you go there. The staff is great! Will help you with everything. The atmosphere is great! Nice to meet people in the common room and you can also use the kitchen. I traveled alone, but even though I was the only non-english speaking girl (rest of the hostel is from GBR-USA-AUS) I felt really welcome! It's not the cleanest hostel, but it's okay. The only negative thing I have is the security. Everybody can walk in each others rooms.

Staff were amazing. Particularly Henry and Rob.

I found this hostel to be flawed- I found that some (not all though) staff members were very rude, were more interested in shouting and 'being cool' than making me feel welcome in the hostel & telling me about their facilities.It does not provide a safe in reception to put valuable belongings in(passport etc...) & also does not provide padlocks for lockers(a helpful staff member got one for me). Matress and Pillows were filthy.The hostel is big and busy so this might explain poor staff&hygiene

The best hostel I've been to... as soon as I arrived, my friend and I booked a fourth night! The staff and the guests are friendly and such a laugh. I was sad to leave! You have literally everything you could ever need within a five minute walking distance. Love Hi 5!

• 13th Jul 2014