Hi 5 Party Hostel Reviews

Nagymezo utca 27, Budapest, Hungary

Hi 5 is a real party hostel! Don't expect quite nights if you go there. The staff is great! Will help you with everything. The atmosphere is great! Nice to meet people in the common room and you can also use the kitchen. I traveled alone, but even though I was the only non-english speaking girl (rest of the hostel is from GBR-USA-AUS) I felt really welcome! It's not the cleanest hostel, but it's okay. The only negative thing I have is the security. Everybody can walk in each others rooms.

I found this hostel to be flawed- I found that some (not all though) staff members were very rude, were more interested in shouting and 'being cool' than making me feel welcome in the hostel & telling me about their facilities.It does not provide a safe in reception to put valuable belongings in(passport etc...) & also does not provide padlocks for lockers(a helpful staff member got one for me). Matress and Pillows were filthy.The hostel is big and busy so this might explain poor staff&hygiene

The staff age is a low average, meaning there is a lack of maturity and professional authority in the area. This is definitely a party hostel, I don't have anything wrong with that. I was more shocked when my personal belonginings were being used to dismantle some shelves. In short, my rubix cube left on my bed was used as a hammer by a member of staff. The problem was dealt with, but you don't need many brain cells to get a job there, clearly.

• 13th Jul 2014

The best hostel I've been to... as soon as I arrived, my friend and I booked a fourth night! The staff and the guests are friendly and such a laugh. I was sad to leave! You have literally everything you could ever need within a five minute walking distance. Love Hi 5!

• 13th Jul 2014

I cannot express enough how much I recommend this place to any traveller. Easily one of the best weekends of my life and a massive change to other hostels I've been to before. The Staff were excellent and I think that made the trip. It was a social hub for any travellers solo or in a group, it made no difference. I had to extend my stay and I still didn't want to leave. Definitely going back. Also it is easy to find, close to everything and if you like nights out partying, this place is for you!

A really nice hostel which became like a whole experience, offering drinkinggames and exciting events like the pool party and the party cruise on the river. Only thing that bothered us was the fact that we (4people) got two seperate rooms but when we asked to switch to the same they said it wasn't possible even though there were two empty beds in one of our roomsfour of the five nights we stayed at high 5. Weird because we said we would switch even if it was only possible for some of the nights.

• 10th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

If you looking for a place to party in Budapest non stop thats your place no doubts... Staff is really helpfull and friendly....

Great hostel, great facilities (wi-fi, kitchen, free breakfast!) perfect location and friendly, helpful staff. The downstairs area is always filled with people, watching a movie in the living room, playing pool or drinking games before heading into the city nightlife. It goes without saying that we really enjoyed our stay. The only downside was that we received just one key, because they were working on implementing a new system. Oh, and bring earplugs if you plan on sleeping :)

• 7th Jul 2014

It's a party hostel, don't complain about how it's not clean or whatever. The staff are all absolutely amazing, the atmosphere is great and they let you know what's going on every night to make sure you have the best time. Drinking games at 8pm. Avery the dog puts the icing on the cake as well.

Great atmosphere. Also must commend the staff. There was a mix up with my booking and desk handled it really well ensuring that I got a bed and for a lower price due to the mistake.

Second time staying here- excellent location across the road from good bars and in an awesome neighborhood, walking distance from everything. Rooms are spacious- curtains on every bed. Staff are friendly and will party hard with you pretty much every night (if that's what you want)! Ollie and oscar personally took us out with them when we wanted to go drinking and recommended some great clubs for us afterwards. Cheers ;) - Jay

to party hard.

Amazing staff. Lot of fun. Young people- MUST GO!

• 30th Jun 2014
  • India

This is THE hostel to go to in Budapest. Period. The staff are amazing, the hostel is teeming with life and the owner Jeremiah obviously puts so much heart into the place. They're putting a lot of work into the hostel over the next few months, and he explained all the fantastic changes to me. Can't wait to come back here and see how it turns out!

I was there for three nights and it locates just middle of the city. From this hostel you can go to the basilica in 10 mins by work. I prefer this hostel is 100% for the young backpackers because young staff , drinking parties , daily movie , pool table and all. Staff is very helpful like,our family and they are a available 24/7. Bathrooms are clean. A good security for all the rooms. I prefer this hostel for young ppl. Cheers

Seriously the best hostel I have stayed at in Europe so far - and I have been travelling for 3 months and been to nearly 20 cities. The staff were amazing, so nice and inclusive, every night and day there were activities they had organised - I had a great time here, and seriously recommend it if you are looking for a good party hostel in Budapest.

Party hostel in a party location with helpful young staff. Breakfast is included and there are cool activities every night. However the rooms are crampted, insulation is poor and in some cases the separation btwn 2 doors is simply a door which given the poor insulation allows you to hear every single word of your neighbours without them even being in the room. Really sucks when you want to sleep and they're watching a show. Some shower doors were broken and only one locked.

I enjoyed my stay at the High 5 hostel it was very sociable, They had drinking games every night and a free bar crawl every night other than Saturday when there was a pool party in one of the thermal pools which was amazing. I wouldn't recommend going unless you are planning on going unless you are planning on going out as it could be hard to sleep without a few drinks. I would highly recommend Budapest to anybody for the scenery as much as the night life it was probably my favourite place.

The only "problem" in the hostel was that they were renovating, in other words improving, so it will only get better! I recommend!

The staff are so lovely and helpful! We all love Taylor! The drinking games are dangerous so prepare your liver!

• 25th Jun 2014