Hi Ancient Town Hostel Reviews

21 Bat Dan Street, Dong Xuan Market, Hanoi, Vietnam

Don't book trips or tours through the hostel as they charge more money, even though we heard a lot of people being scammed. We went to APRtravel with a nice women called Mrs hanh who seemed genuine and worked out better than a lot of other people we spoke to. Everything else was fine... but better to ask for the coffee black as the milk isn't always fresh.

Looking for a cheap room, this is the nice place. Great location. Breakfast was included. The staffs were friendly, helpful and spoke enough English to understand your needs. Overall great place for the price.

Nice staff & convenient location. For 2 people, I got a furnished private double bed room w/ bathroom, tv, fridge, and to-order breakfast for 11usd total/night via hostel world, so I really can't complain much as it was a great deal. The main complaint was facilities: noisy/dripping aircon, tattered sheets/furniture/walls, rooms felt stuffy/moldy with a strange smell, probably because the building is old. Staff were very responsive to feedback about the aircon and will move your room if needed.

My ratings apply to the mixed dormitory, since that is where I stayed. Generally, the room walls looked like they could use a scrubbing and a new coat of paint, and the air in the dorm has that oppressively heavy, moist feeling to it (mildew), although that is somewhat alleviated by the AC, which is only available after 8PM. Also, dorm has no in-room lockers, so security could be a concern. It's not all negative, though: staff were pleasant and the location is pretty good.

• 19th Aug 2014

Nice hostel/hotel, good free breakfast, good location in the Old Quarter. Booked a private room with a large bed for only $8/night. Once my friend decided to join me because the dorm bed he was given had bloody sheets, they wanted to charge twice as much to add him to the private room, didn't really make sense to me. If you have a motorbike, you have to park it down the street at a pay lot.

Location is quite good, staff seems rude but they are only serious and help you if you ask. Breakfast is great. Is very basic but it worth the money you pay. Pain point: it would be better if have a locker to store the luggages. It is hard to leave your things and go visit, because you are always worrying about... Better to leave your passport in the hotel, is safer than keep it with you as they are many motocycles who can snatch away your pourse..

We had a private double bed room which was a great stay. I liked that it was on the top floor as it felt more secluded and had all we needed. The bed, no lie, was probably the best bed I've ever slept in. Wow! I have a bad back so this was truly pleasant surprise. However, we were offered 2 different prices for the bus south by 2 different members of staff. Despite this, I would definitely book here again. I miss the bed already :)

We stayed for over a week. Free breakfast! We were in a private with a clean room, tv, fridge and our own bathroom. The staff are friendly and helpful. Free use of computers is convenient. Wifi worked well for us. Good location in the old quarter, everything is walkable. We would recommend and stay here again!

Staff was helpful with where to go and called a taxi when needed, room was extremely simple, nothing extra but good enough for 2 nights .

Good location in the ancient town. Location was good so recommend the hostel however there were ants and a surprisingly big spider so cleanliness wasn't great.