Hi Inn Taiyuan Street Reviews

No.180 South Taiyuan Street, Shenyang, China

Nice cheap private rooms. Hotel so no chance for meeting people. Breakfast was good for 18 rmb. 15 minute walk from train station

Watch out for this place. We paid the reservation fee and had the booking confirmed through hostelworld. When we arrived they claimed not to have our booking and after a while said they can not take foreign guests at all. Seemed to be made up because it was full. We were directed to a hotel at ten times the room rate and didnt have much choice since it was in the middle of the night and no one spoke a word of english. Go somewhere else for accomondation in Shenyang!

• 7th Jul 2014
  • Sweden
  • All Male Group, 25-30

The staff are nice but have no English so foreigners should be prepared for that. My single room was compact with no window and the usual Chinese hard bed but everything I could want,., There is no backpacker bonhomie here but that's what it is. The breakfast was good for 18RMB. Hi Inn is 20 minutes walk from the train station and a 4-stop bus ride to the metro station. I would definitely recommend it and stay there again. I later stayed in the Hanting Hotel (same chain) in Dandong.

The staff didin't speake a word english and were not helpful. When we wanted to ask questions at the frontdesl they started giggeling and said nothing, so you have to find your own way around in Shenyang. The room was okey, really small and not that clean. Most of the facilities , which were writen on the homepage, were not there (leisure room etc). It's really cheap but if you can't speak Chinese, I wouldn"t reccommend.