Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn Reviews

Av. Roca 1040, Puerto Madryn, Argentina

Really clean and a very comfortable single bed in a 4 bed dorm (The joy of not being in a bunkbed!). Facilities were all there. Fantastic shower. Good wifi. Staff very helpful. Allowed to use all the facilities after checkout which was great while waiting for an evening bus. Not a party hostel and nice and quiet when I was there. Only recommendation would be to do up/redesign the common room which lacks comfort and atmosphere.

perfect stay in a perfect hostel. Not a party hostel , but really nice stuff. It is more staying at a familiy home.

We really enjoyed our two nights at Hi Patagonia. Gaston was so friendly and helpful. The 4-bed-dorm was really o.k. and cleanliness was super! Thank's Gaston for the nice stay! Best regards from Otti and Peter, Germany

gaston, the owner, is lovely and very helpful. new years eve there was nice, argentinian asado dinner. would definitely recommend the hostel!

Nice, friendly and helpful staff, good breakfast, you can book tours from the Hostel. Puerto Madryn is worth a trip

Staff was the real problem here. Feels like you couldn't relax, they were always looking over your shoulder especially in the kitchen. Not very sincere in their remarks. This weird stipulation that one kitchen was not usable only for staff, even though no staff lived there. Would definitely recommend somewhere else! Stay away is my advice!!

We just ask everybody not to go into our stuff as we respect others private things and care about people that goes into others things. May be your behaviour was wrong and you didn't feel comfy while you goes into things you shouldn't .

The location is good, not extremely central, but not more than 10 min.walk from the main road. The cleanliness is very high standard and the owner will plan for you all the excursions you like.He might not offer you the cheapest options, however it's good if you want to save yourself the hassle of going around agencies,comparing prices, etc... The atmosphere is nice and chilled. Hi Patagonia is not a party Hostel, but a nice family-like place where you can rest and enjoy the beauties of the area

not what we expected and was sold on our travelling books

Thanks a lot for your stay and excuse me I'm not French as you imagine. Wish you the best in the trips

Very friendly staff, that's trying its best to give everyone a good stay. For me it worked out perfect!

• 23rd Nov 2014

one of the best hostels I have visited in South America: super clean! nice rooms, great and helpful staff, good value for the money and good coffee for breakfast

This was the best hostal we had in Argentina. The bed was great!! (also for very tall people) We had a double with shared bathroom. The bathroom was cleaned more times daily. We had a fridge on our room, that was very pleasant. Paolo and Gaston are very helpfull and organized all our trips excellent. The building is perfect. Where the beds are, it is very quiet. You will have breakfast together, so you will be in contact with all the guests. There is a family kind off atmosphere. Book this place

I really felt confortable while staying at the hostel. The staff has been very friendly and the place is a nice and fully equipped house. Highly recommended!

Beautiful Hostel in the centre of Buenos Aires, high quality-low price and friendly staff

Gaston is absolutely great!! He always has a smile for you and helps you out for anything. Pablo is also very friendly and helpful! Hope to see you soon agian! Thomas

Wonderful place. Big kitchen. Great area to hang and meet people. Wifi was spotty in the bedroom but worked fine everywhere else. Gaston and his crew are super sweet. Only downside were the amount of bathrooms for all to share.

All the staff, Gastón, Pablo and Francisco were very nice, helpful and friendly, they made us feel at home!!!

Place is secure, beds and bathrooms are good, and clean. Staff is helpful. Breakfast really nice as well! Unfortunately I didn't like the city itself or the offered tours too much - Big boats (70 people) in which I more had the feeling I was 'chasing' whales then 'experiencing' them in their own habitat. There are however a nice coffee and helado place just around the corner!

Hi there, thanks a lot about all what you write about us ,hope you're enjoying the trip now. Excuse us cause may be our mail and arrival explanations were not so clear about reduced people trips posibilities, or our own car rental, or our bike rental, or the kayak trips, or estancias visit..... Seems that you're complaining about your desitions and rating us for those.

I had a wonderful time at Hi Patagonia. It was recommended to me by a friend and it was a great recommendation . The beds are comfortable with down type covers . Lockers are big, bathrooms are clean and have hot water. Shower and toilet both in the bathroom which I like. Patio area is nice, there's a bar that serves beer. The staff are very friendly and super helpful! Can organize any tour you like and love to just have a chat. All in all a great time, can't wait to go back!

• 21st Oct 2014

This place has an amazing atmosphere. Love the BBQ grill. There aren't enough bathrooms though.

Thanks for the complement, we do have 8 bathrooms for 8 rooms, and only 3 small dorms, may be you didn't pay attention on arrival when we show them to you. Safe trip

Great chilled atmosphere - easy to meet people. Pablo was so incredibly helpful! Had difficulties with my flights and he called the airline and fixed the problem immediately. Lovely clean modern bathrooms too!

• 13th Oct 2014