Hi Patagonia Hostel Puerto Madryn Reviews

Av. Roca 1040, Puerto Madryn, Argentina

Really comfy beds and really clean! We did the whales and park tour through the hostel. Would just recommend doing the whale tour you dont see much in the park (they claim you see more than you do)and it's a good bit extra . Our guide Dorris was wonderful though!

Thanks for the complement about the house, and the election of the guide/agency for the trip you choose to do. We sent you an e mail with 12 different activities to do in the area and explain that penguins were arriving after the 10th to all the protected areas, a pitty that you couldn't have time to see them. Wish you the best. Slainte

I had a great time there in Hi Patagonia. Very good location and very nice staff, it was a pleasure to share some maté and talk with Gaston. I highly recommend!

Loved it!! This place became like a second home to me when I desperately exactly that. Place was immaculate, location couldn't be beat, there was a great vibe, and Gaston, the host/main person on duty, was always incredibly helpful. Hope to return again soon!

The best hostel! Very helpful and friendly staff, good room and facilities, a big kitchen and a quiet but really nice atmospheare. Had a great time!

Gaston is a lovely host, however he has people "working" for him and staying for free. Most of the time these people are not helpful and just do their own thing when they are ment to be working. The barman Marco was never around when you wanted a drink and it said not to bring in your own, and then he charged us more and a lot less to the people who arnt even paying. Buy your own alcohol and tell him his prices are unfair. Gaston Organsied all out tours and was amazing. Nice quiet town.

Thanks for the complements dear. Alcohol is not such a big thing. All those guys you complain about were helping at a Conservation society and our contribution is with the beds . Hope you can understand how important is for others the wildlife.

The covers were so comfy! Great beds, clean bathrooms, good kitchen, big lockers. The BBQ got canceled 2 nights in a row which was sad. Didnt really like the owner, felt like he was a bit fake. All of the temporary staff was really nice though!

Hi, thanks for the compliment about our Hostel and service, and excuse us about asado canceled but I have a family with 4 kids and sometimes we need time for them too. It´s a pitty that you felt a bit fake but we cannot change what is inside our guests. hope you can change those feeling during your trip. Enjoy

Gaston and his team were extremely accommodating. I felt welcomed and at home during my time. The beds were AMAZING. The communal assados were delicious. I couldn't recommend the hostel any more highly, and have already to several friends. Thanks again Gaston :)

• 17th Apr 2014

Everyone was very friendly and helpful, beds have real doonas!! Lockers are huge and can fit your whole pack. I would recommend this hostel to anyone

I really loved my stay in Hi Patagonia. We were way to early due to we arrived in the morning. During our arrival Gaston supplied us with coffee and tea. Also the enthousiasme of how he explained all the activities in the area was great. Each or every 2 nights they arrange a diner for all the guest which is a nice extra. The location is close to all activities but a bit far from the bus terminal. Afterwards we discovered a cab was only 20 pesos :-) One of the best hostel on my trip this far.

Gaston and all of the rest of lads are wonderful. Couldn't be more helpful and welcoming. Great location just up from the beach. Great beds and showers. Great hostel :)

Great hostel, super clean and comfy. Great staff, Gaston is so helpful and friendly, gives you all the info you need and will book any of the excursions for you, as well as being an ultimate casual. Isaac is, likewise, a casual, and will sort you out with any snakes you need. Thanks so much for an awesome stay :)

View all Puerto Madryn Hostels