High 5 Hostel Reviews

ul.Grodzka 16, Gdansk, Poland

Great hostel and people, best in gdansk

Staff are amazing! Kitchen is not great and definitely glad I was there when it was quiet as there is only 2bathrooms/showers (on my floor at least)

Excellent, I would definitely recommend happy 7 if your looking in Gdansk

Nice place to stay in Gdansk. The location is great, very close to the quays. The rooms are large and very nice (I was in the movie room).

There weren't enough showers and bathrooms for the number of beds and the condition of the shower was quite bad.

• 20th May 2015

After reading the great reviews, I was very surprised by this hostel. It was small and not very clean--there was a dead spider smeared across the wall next to my bed and the bathrooms smelled like the outhouses at summer camp. The mattresses seemed old and weren't very comfortable, and the pillows were tiny. The doors to the rooms had no locks. The breakfast was also pretty bare, though it was free. Positives were the staff (really friendly and helpful) and the wifi (worked pretty well & free).

Superbly located right by the river, less than a 10 minute stroll into the old town. The staff are excellent, especially the owner Kasia who is incredibly friendly, helpful and full of recommendations. Beds are comfortable, reading lights, plugs to charge phones, and spacious lockers are provided. Free breakfast is decent! I stayed at a quiet time so the large chillout room was usually empty, in busier times this would be an awesome room to meet other travelers. Great hostel, recommended.

I loved everything about hostel happy seven! But I went at a quite time of the year, less than 10 people were staying while I was there, so not very rowdy. The owner is amazing! Very helpful and knowledgable.

Really nice hostel with a lot of facilities, nice located and awesome atmosphere, definitely recommended!!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great location, friendly staff, couldn't ask for more. We had a great time staying there. Thank you.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

Good atmosphere. Definitely a good hostel. Worth to stay.

We really like that hostel, rooms are amazing and the location is perfect. The kitchen and commom area can be improved. So, for us is a good place to stay with your friends. Recommended 

The toilets and showers were clean, so were the bed sheets. It was comfortable I suppose as for a hostel. I see what they tried to did there with the decoration and style but not really my thing. Put the bag under the bed and it was all covered in dust- not so good. Anyway- It looked clean and we stayed there just one night so it was fine. The location is fantastic walking distance to the old town. I suppose nothing to complain about really for the price and location.

The staff uses the comon room as a living room for themselves, speaking polish, playing games, watching movies. Some guests therefore don't go to the comon room anymore

Fantastic hostel. The staff are always friendly and helpful, the place is sparkling clean, beds very comfy, the design of the rooms is cool, bathrooms and showers god, and the common area is large and communal. Overall the place feels more like your friends apartment than a hostel. Recommended.

The hostel could be wonderful just if people who works there tried to apper more interest in the guest! The place is so nice, breakfast is quite enough, everything is clean! But when I were there, people never smiled, their face was like "I don't wan to see you anymore!, they broke the rules of the hostel and they were drinking alcohol in zones for guest!

amaaazing staff! the girl running the hostel is super friendly, on my first day she joined the guests on the common room for a chat and went out with us for a few beers on the bar downstairs :) then, when i got sick after a really hard night-out, she even offered me some medicine (thank youuu). location is PERFECT, quiet but still close enough to the center. facilities are great, super duper comfy.

We had an amazing time at Happy Seven hostel. My friend and I felt bad that we found out we had to make a run for the bus to the airport and couldnt really say goodbye. Why would you stay here? First of all, because of the staff. Theyre extremely nice and we had a good time with them. Second, because the facilities in this hostel were absolutely amazing. Better than a lot of hostels I stayed at (>50). Gdans is already a really cool city, make the most of your experience and book this hostel!!!!!

• 24th Jan 2015