High 5 Hostel

8.7
Fabulous 922 Total Reviews

• Denmark, Male, 25-30
15th Jul 2017

This hostel had a feeling of being home. Home and just hanging with friends! From the improvised jam session, the really nice hostel beer pong night to the everyday meeting of new traveling friends. All happening in the cozy settings of the common room. Here you don't feel alone. Not even if you are travelling alone as I were. If you're looking for a social nice hostel close to everything... This is it. Just book now.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
14th Jul 2017

The staff was so friendly and helpful!! 1st night, a staff member cooked a delicious meal for 7 of us, and we simply split the grocery bill. When I lost my phone, a receptionist contacted the Pub Crawl company to help determine which bar I left my phone at. Fairly small kitchen, but Poland is so cheap, so I often ate in town. I like the themed dorms too. Resto/bar downstairs is not very good. They ask you to take off your shoes in the hostel, but you get used to it quickly. Great environment!!

• davidryanmitchell7172
  • Sweden, Male, 31-40
14th Jul 2017

This is a great hostel, but there are other hostels that are much better for only a little more money. I stayed in 3 different hostels, and of the 3, Mama's and Papa's was by far the best value for the money. High 5 was a respectable #2.

• atelios931194
  • Germany, Male, 18-24
12th Jul 2017

It was my first stay at a hostel and it was so amazing. The staff is really helpful and friendly, met so many nice people there. The bar directly next to the hostel offers very delicious food and tasty beers. But it's often very loud in the night, so I recommend earplugs and a sleeping mask :)

• England, Female, 18-24
7th Jul 2017

A really nice hostel overall, good common room always had some people in for socialising. Kitchen was pretty basic but functional. Security was a bit poor, I was only given a locker key, no room key so we had to leave the room open all the time and lockers were quite small so in theory all the stuff that didn't fit in locker could've been taken by anyone in the hostel.

3rd Jul 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at High 5 hostel. There was great atmosphere, the staff were super friendly and there is always something organised to do in the evenings - whether you want to go out or stay in. The rooms were comfortable, the wifi worked and the bathrooms were clean. Free tea and coffee is always appreciated.

• Netherlands, Female, 25-30
  • Globetrotter
27th Jun 2017
7.1

Staff was mixed. Very helpful Canadian guy who really is friendly and welcoming. However, some of the local staffmembers can be very unwelcoming. Staff has either no knowledge at all of things to do (for instance: does not know about walking tours) or gives wrong information (for instance: I got wrong information about opening times of museum andthe cost of a bus ticket). Not that much organized either. Location is next to the Old Town and the WW II Museum, but a bit far from train/bus station.

23rd Jun 2017

High 5 Hostel was a great time! It was my first time staying in a hostel alone so I'll admit I was nervous, but Kasha (owner) was very helpful in showing me where to go and introducing me to people staying in the hostel. The location could not have been better. I highly recommend staying here if you come to Gdansk.

• Colombia, Male, 25-30
17th Jun 2017

I loved staying there! It's close to everything and super clean! I will recommend it and I will stay there again

15th Jun 2017

Solid hostel with good vibes. Kitchen can get a little tight and is lacking some things but solid hostel otherwise