High 5 Hostel Reviews

ul.Grodzka 16, Gdansk, Poland

Just go there!!!!

• 29th Jul 2015

Location, staff and atmosphere were good. Lockers could be better, and wifi reception in the rooms is not good.

My stay at this hostel was an overall great experience. I had no trouble finding the location, and liked that it was so close to the river walk. I stayed in a movie themed room and thought the decoration was great! The staff was nice and were always around the reception area when I needed something. The only negative was that there was a bar next to the hostel and the noise from there carried into my room late at night. But I loved my stay here and would definitely choose this hostel again.

• 22nd Jul 2015

It was a good hostel, the girls that work there were really super nice and the beds were clean.

At the hostel end of town. Nice place to start your walk,lots of action. Nice rooms and plenty of showers and toilets available in this co-ed dorm. The nice young people who work here are not as conscious of cleanliness. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

Dorms are crammed and bathrooms smelly. But you can't beat the location, nor the movie selection. The staff are very kind!!!

Great hostel and people, best in gdansk

Staff are amazing! Kitchen is not great and definitely glad I was there when it was quiet as there is only 2bathrooms/showers (on my floor at least)

Excellent, I would definitely recommend happy 7 if your looking in Gdansk

Nice place to stay in Gdansk. The location is great, very close to the quays. The rooms are large and very nice (I was in the movie room).

There weren't enough showers and bathrooms for the number of beds and the condition of the shower was quite bad.

• 20th May 2015

After reading the great reviews, I was very surprised by this hostel. It was small and not very clean--there was a dead spider smeared across the wall next to my bed and the bathrooms smelled like the outhouses at summer camp. The mattresses seemed old and weren't very comfortable, and the pillows were tiny. The doors to the rooms had no locks. The breakfast was also pretty bare, though it was free. Positives were the staff (really friendly and helpful) and the wifi (worked pretty well & free).

Superbly located right by the river, less than a 10 minute stroll into the old town. The staff are excellent, especially the owner Kasia who is incredibly friendly, helpful and full of recommendations. Beds are comfortable, reading lights, plugs to charge phones, and spacious lockers are provided. Free breakfast is decent! I stayed at a quiet time so the large chillout room was usually empty, in busier times this would be an awesome room to meet other travelers. Great hostel, recommended.

I loved everything about hostel happy seven! But I went at a quite time of the year, less than 10 people were staying while I was there, so not very rowdy. The owner is amazing! Very helpful and knowledgable.

Really nice hostel with a lot of facilities, nice located and awesome atmosphere, definitely recommended!!

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Spain

Great location, friendly staff, couldn't ask for more. We had a great time staying there. Thank you.

• 4th Apr 2015
  • Lithuania

Good atmosphere. Definitely a good hostel. Worth to stay.

We really like that hostel, rooms are amazing and the location is perfect. The kitchen and commom area can be improved. So, for us is a good place to stay with your friends. Recommended 

The toilets and showers were clean, so were the bed sheets. It was comfortable I suppose as for a hostel. I see what they tried to did there with the decoration and style but not really my thing. Put the bag under the bed and it was all covered in dust- not so good. Anyway- It looked clean and we stayed there just one night so it was fine. The location is fantastic walking distance to the old town. I suppose nothing to complain about really for the price and location.

The staff uses the comon room as a living room for themselves, speaking polish, playing games, watching movies. Some guests therefore don't go to the comon room anymore