High 5 Hostel Reviews

ul.Grodzka 16, Gdansk, Poland

We planned on staying here longer but left after one night. The cleanliness had something to be desired (flies buzzing around the washing up sink...) and the rooms don't lock plus the lockers didn't work. Maybe ideal if there is a big group of you.

Very small kitchen area with only 2 cooking elements, though it was possible to cook basic stuff. I really liked the themed dorm rooms with comfy beds. Common room TV had a massive selection of films available and was easy to use. Wasn't too hard to meet people in the common area.

Nice hostel in good location with friendly staff. The pub downstairs was also good and had a big selection of beers.

Best hostel I have stayed in. Common area is great, so it is easy to meet people. Staff is friendly and helpful. Clean.lockers in room.

Hostel is fine. Not too much of a party hostel but there is a bar right downstairs. Beds are avg. everything is clean. Location is about 15 min from city center but city is small. Staff are great. Small kitchen.

The common room, location and atmosphere were nice, but it was over all not such a nice hostel. There were only 2 showers, that were in the same small room as the toilet. It was extremely humid in those little rooms and it smelled horrible because of bad ventilation. I didn't shower their because I'd feel dirtier after. I stayed in the Warehouse room, with 12 beds in a rather small space. The room felt really crowded and messy because of that.

Third time for me at this hostel, though the first since it's new name and management . very happy to find the place has retained it's friendly atmosphere; the new staff are all very helpful, good facilities (the more spacious kitchen area is good, but only two cooking rings is not enough when the hostel is busy?). One of my favourite hostels.

A small hostel, a few minutes walk from the center. The kitchen facilities aren't great - hotplates instead of a stove and a very small, hard to access sink. However the common area is very comfortable and there are plenty of good movies to choose from if you want a quiet evening in! Comfortable beds and ok wifi.

So, I got in fairly late (around 11 p.m.) and noticed a really loud group of young backpackers in the common room. I knew that the hostel was nearly empty, so I asked the girl working at reception if the dorm I had booked into was likely to be noisy (I would have paid more to be in a quieter dorm). She just stared at me for ages and then said "I don't know what answer to give you." Also, the locker key supposedly for my locker didn't work, but I discovered that the one for the next locker did!

For location, backpacker atmosphere, and a cheap bed, High 5 works just fine. Kitchen and bathroom facilities are there, if not lacking in some respects, but it's easy enough to cook yourself a meal. My favorite aspect was that you are asked to remove your shoes, so by and up the stairs are stacks of boots and sandals and sneakers. That feels like home!

Such an amazingly good night's sleep for such a quality party hostel. This place has it all. Definitely recommend!

The workers are pretty laid back which is probably why I had to wait at the reception desk for 10 min before anyone showed up to check me in. That aside, it was a great experience. Definitely a hostel to go to if you're looking to party and want good location. Beds were one of the most comfortable i've ever slept in at a hostel. Breakfast was lacking but can't really expect that much. Showers heads were kind of broken but still very usable. You get what you pay for.

The hostel has an amazing location right next to the river and within walking distance to all of the main sights and main train station. It was very clean, staff were great, and the common room was a great place to meet other travellers.

Very good location and and a nice, chilled atmosphere. Definitely coming back

Great location. Friendly staff. Nice common area. Had a great stay.

Very good hostel. Staff was extremely polite and helpful. Good location, close to the city centre. Very good breakfast and a lot of interesting stuff to do in there beside sleeping like TV, books, internet, computers etc.

• 16th Aug 2015
  • Bosnia And Herzegovina

Great place to stay with a very good location. The staff is useful and they speak English very well. The rooms are cool and very clean. I would totally recommend it.

• 16th Aug 2015