Fabulous 3,907 Total Reviews
Fabulous 3,907 Total Reviews
High Street Hostel Located at 8 Blackfriars Street, , Edinburgh.
Scotland
Edinburgh EH1 1NE 8 Blackfriars Street
86% 3907
55.9499447 -3.1862282
    Rooms available

22nd Apr 2016

GrRrrreat and friendly folks :)

• France, Female, 25-30
10th Apr 2016

Perfect location in the old town, not far from the buses and the train station. Great cosy atmosphere in the common room and good breakfast. A bit noisy at night though (my room was just above the common room and next to the main stairs), and the mattresses are rather thin so not really comfortable.

• Romania, Male, 31-40
10th Apr 2016

Quiet and perfect for what it's meant to be.

• Germany, Female, 25-30
4th Apr 2016

The staff is incredibly friendly, the location is superb and the beds, bathrooms and showers are very clean. I was a bit worried about the mattresses when I read that they are washed regularly, They are about as fluffy as you'd expect and seem rather thin when you first sit down on them, but I'm happy to report that I slept incredibly well, three nights in a row. I would definitely stay there again!

1st Apr 2016

The kitchen and bathrooms need updated. The location is great and the staff is very helpful. The hostel has a great atmosphere and the common room is always full of people. Each bunk has its own locker. There is a ten pound key deposit that is not mentioned online.

28th Mar 2016

Great hostel with a really cool vibe, friendly and helpful staff, and a central location to all of Edinburgh's main attractions. Breakfast is not included, but for a small fee you can have access to the copious breakfast buffet offered every morning. Laundry has to be booked at the counter but costs little and is brought folded directly to your room! You can also participate in the hostel-organized bar crawl for under 10 pounds (a great deal considering that everything in town is rather costly).

• Australia, Female, 25-30
27th Mar 2016

Staff were excellent, rooms were welcoming, beds were comfortable. I liked the lockers -there's one for every bed & you're given your locker key with your room key. I also liked that you get real keys, not magnetic keycards that stop working after a day. Every bed also has its own powerpoint, which is perfect, so I could charge my phone overnight without having to worry about someone stealing it while I slept. Would definitely recommend & will happily stay here again next time I visit Edinburgh!

22nd Mar 2016
7.4

Decent hostel to stay in Edinburgh, well located right off the Royal Mile and an easy walk from the bus and train station. Wifi was terrible, especially in the evenings when everyone was trying to get on, then it was impossible to use. The bathrooms weren't very clean, the room with the sinks/showers on our floor were nasty, I was so grossed out when I was trying to brush my teeth just looking at the hair and dust all over the sinks. They have a really nice breakfast, but it costs extra.

Hi, Thank you for your feedback. Sounds like you had a good time in Edinburgh. I am sorry you experienced a bad wifi connection. Usually it works quite fine you might have just got a temperamental day and resetting it would have done the job. We do have high cleanliness standards and I am sorry your experience did not live up to our expectations. We are constantly working to improve that. Our breakfast is £1.90, which I don't think is a bad deal at all. All the best on your onward journey.

• aaaannabel
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
20th Mar 2016
6.9

Great location just off the Royal mile, with tesco 10 mins walk away and sainsbury's only 5. 10 min walk to castle! The atmosphere in the hostel itself wasn't great, a lot of long term people staying there so it was hard to make friends as a solo traveller. I stayed in two different 4 bed dorms, ones closer to the reception were 100x bigger and better. Breakfast was okay for £1.90 Luggage room is non-existent and just left in the reception.. Not entirely safe but I felt alright leaving things

Hi. Thank you for your review. I am sorry you did not have the best time you could have had. During quiet periods like early March it can happen that it is harder to meet fellow travellers in the hostel. I hope you still enjoyed your time in Edinburgh. We do offer luggage storage to all our guest in a safe place behind reception and we do have a luggage storage room as well. All the best on your onward travels.

• Canada, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Mar 2016

Didn't participate in hostel activities much. Mainly used it for sleeping. Bathrooms got a bit cramped since there were only 3 for quite a few people. Beds weren't the most comfy. But the location made it worth it.