High Street Hostel Reviews

8 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

If I could rate above "Excellent" I would! Loved this hostel! Nothing about it was bad!

Great place to stay, especially for the location, the staff and for the really cheap but very good breakfast !

Very friendly staff. No fuss at all with booking, check-in, luggage storage etc. Relaxed atmosphere, nice brekkie, awesome location. :)

Wifi that reaches the rooms would be great!

The location was perfect, the rooms were clean and staff were friendly and knowledgable. One is there no secure place to put luggage before checking in. Also the check-in was very late.

• 14th Jul 2014

The hostel was located very centrally in Edinburgh right near the castle. We weren't allowed to check in until 2 and there wasn't much space to leave our bags. Also the wifi didn't work in the rooms or in the kitchen which was annoying. And there weren't any outlets in our room so we had to go in the hallway to charge stuff. The rooms were clean and nice though. And the kitchen space was big and had lots of tables. Free tea/coffee/hot chocolate was also a bonus

• 14th Jul 2014

Friendly staff, really nice breakfast for a small price, even Edinburgh been a small city, the location was perfect, we could go everywhere walking, and all areas was really clean. That was a short stay, but we stay in the fifth or fourth floor, and no lift, so if you have a big and heavy luggage that could be a problem. And the internet just work in the commum areas not in the bedroom.

• 14th Jul 2014

Enjoyed my stay even though it was just 2 nights. I was in the 18 bed mix and surprisingly slept right through the night. Thought that the receptionists were awesome, very resourceful and kind.

Fantastic location right off the royal mile! Good room set up, bathroom facilities were fine and pretty clean. Staff VERY helpful! However when I went down for the breakfast, which was the only time I would go to the common room, I felt like it wasn't very clean. My arms kept getting stuck to the table.. Heard this from several others too :(

Wi-Fi can't be used in our room (level 7) No computers available to borrow but cleanliness was pretty good in our room, and kitchen

• 5th Jul 2014
  • Japan

Great place! Beautiful dorm, just the showers not so great.

The location was great. I liked that the lockers that are in the rooms come with a key, so you don't have to worry about bringing your own lock. The beds were pretty uncomfortable, though.

Beautiful hostel in a very suggestive building. We stayed in a double but only for 1 night do can't judge too well. The kitchen is big and well equipped, breakfast 1.90£ is ok, and you can have coffee, milk or tea for free! We'll be back!

Wonderful experience. We hope to return!

• 1st Jul 2014
  • Uruguay

Fit the bill, but not ideal. Rather garish decoration and a strange, unpleasant smell in the stairway.

the breakfast is worth the money, good deal i like that they had a give-a-book, take-a-book system

Amazing experience. I traveled with my sister and one friend and we all had a great time. Staff was super friendly and very very hepful. Great atomosphere. GREAT location. Very safe. Free coffee and tea is a nice touch as well. Only things to be aware of are that there are not many power outlets, so plan accordingly. We will definitely stay there again if/when we get back to Edinburgh.

Hostel was perfect, friendly staff, nice location and when I had a doubt they were always helpful.

Good for any pace. Nice and quite lounge room, and really helpful staff. Excellent location, comfy beds.

• 24th Jun 2014