High Street Hostel

9.0
Superb 4755 Total Reviews

• France, Female, 25-30
16th Sep 2017

Nice hostel, rooms are very spacious :-))))))) The location is perfect as it is close to the places of interest ! I definitely recommend it

• Sweden, All Female Group, 25-30
15th Sep 2017

Only stayed over the weekend so can't say much about atmosphere since I didn't hang out in the hostel but location, staff, beds, kithen were all great!

• Australia, Female, 18-24
13th Sep 2017

Great hostel very close to everything. Large spacious rooms were kept very clean and the kitchen was amazing! The Wi-Fi was a little patchy and slow on the upper levels but can't really complain because there was free tea, coffee and hot choc. What more could you want :)

• Australia, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2017
2.0

Would not recommend. Not one member of staff even acknowledged me the whole time I was here. I asked someone to help me light a stove top, and you would have thought I asked them to give me their first born. (And yes, I checked to make sure they weren't busy or working first). Felt really uncomfortable the whole time I was here. I kept waiting for the "9 stars" to kick in, but it never came. People on the front desk were rude. I had to find everything out for myself. Really disappointed.

I am surprised and frankly shocked about the experience you are describing. This doesn't sound like our hostel staff at all (as you can see from the vast majority of our reviews) We will take your feedback very seriously to improve our service. I do think that your verdict is a bit harsh though. All the best on your future travels.

• Canada, Female, 25-30
10th Sep 2017

I stayed here when I arrived in Edinburgh after 16+ hours of travelling. The receptionist was very helpful and could not have been friendlier! All I wanted was food, a shower, and a good sleep which was exactly what I got. The bathrooms were clean, the rooms were quiet, and each bed was provided with a secure locker and key. They also serve a very reasonable breakfast for £1.90 (cereal, fruit, toast) and free tea and coffee. Overall great atmosphere!

8th Sep 2017

Location was great, plugs at every bed was awesome, bathrooms are a bit tight, fridges in the kitchen are all mini fridges (why?). Decent common areas.

6th Sep 2017

My only gripe is that the showers are less than convenient. Otherwise it's a lovely place. I've already booked my second stay.

• justinlorya
  • China, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2017
5.1

the door makes big noisy. the insulation is terribly bad. Wake up several times in the night.

Thank you for your feedback. We have had a look at the door and fixed the issue. It would have been helpful to let us know while you were still here to give us a chance to improve your stay. Best regards.

• England, Male, 18-24
1st Sep 2017

Brilliant Hostel, we loved our time here.

• amanda_b105
  • Canada, Female, 31-40
1st Sep 2017

I loved the place! It has a special charm and I would definitely recommend to others and go back there again in the future! Also a really great value for your money!

×