High Street Hostel Reviews

8 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

The staff wasn't very outgoing like the majority of my other hostiles. They were nice, but didn't go out if their way. LOVED the lockers and safe in the room for my valuables and it was the BEST location. The only problem I had was a woman outside nt window scream profanities and guest yelling out their windows instigating her, it was 3:45am and the staff working that night didn't do all they could to stop it, and it went on for an hour and a half

Amazing place !!

The loction of the hostel was great! Staff were helpful - lots of suggestions. Rooms are quiet and easy to get sleep. A bit damp - but could be due to the weather.

• 26th Jun 2015

Facility,hospitality and workers r excellent, so i like to get there back again,, i recommand fully.

• 23rd Jun 2015
  • South Korea

Great hostel, perfect for a few nights while you explore Edinburgh and it's amazing history. Second time I have stayed here, and the have improved the wifi since the first, it now works in the dorm rooms (previously on worked in the common area's). Lockers in the rooms to secure valuables, friendly staff who point you in the direction of great restaurants/pubs.

• 23rd Jun 2015

Great location, lovely staff, lockers, and plugs by each bed. Bathrooms were a bit small and the social space was limited, but the hostel was clean and warm and welcoming which was enough for me!

Great location and atmopshere. The bathrooms and showers are co Ed so a little dirty. And the wait for the shower in the morning was a bit much. I wish breakfast had been provided but other than that we loved the hostel. It's also fairly close to good bars and nightclubs

Shelfs in the showers would help keeping your change of clothes dry if you wanna bring'em with you. Also lounge and kitchen being closed over lunch hours is a wee bit inconvenient. Other than that I had the best time possible!!!!

• 17th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

The bunk bed had no bedrail so it was a bit weird to feel safe while sleeping. The shower room was far from the toilets and it is annoying to have to move around the corridor with shower stuff. But the kitchen was great, the breakfast worth the money and the location was really ok!

Worth every penny! Nice of you to offer breakfast for a rel. cheap sum.

• 12th Jun 2015
  • Sweden

Great location , but rooms are small and bed isn't very comfortable.

High Street Hostel was a great place to stay. From the moment we got in we were greeted by friendly and helpful people and our room was great! Also the location was amazing being so close to the Royal Mile. The free pub crawl is also great as well as the free walking tours. Overall great hostel!

I chose the hostel for the location as we were only there for 1 night. We had a single room which was on the top floor and had to get our bags up the steps...difficult. I didn't think it was particularly good value for the price we paid. The room was the size of a shoebox, could hardly open our cases and I had to sleep on the very high, top bunk (I am in my 50's) There was no guard rail on the bunk and I was scared I would roll off during the night, so hardly slept for this reason.

Lovely Hostel, very central location. Cute bunks with their own names and allocated lockers: no need to take a padlock, they have their own keys. NIce little outdoor area to sit in the evening having dinner.

Loved it staff very helpfull bright an fun First time in a hostel An would definitely come back

• Scotland

Very helpful and friendly staff. Thanks!

• Wales

Had a lovely night here, everyone was incredibly friendl - met some fab new people. And there was free tea, coffee and chocolate.

• Scotland

Nice located, in the middle of downtown the free walk tours start from two streets away. The only thing is kind of confusing, you do not who work or stay in there! Too many staff stay in there living.

Located right off the Royal Mile, so if you're looking for a bed in a good location, it's great. However, we didn't find that it offered a great atmosphere to meet people. Cleanliness was average, there was a weird smell that stayed on our clothes. Our 18 bed dorm shared 2 toilets and 2 showers, along with another room (not sure how many beds they had). You had to show your receipt in order to get into the hostel, and each bed had a small locker. Overall, not the best. Wouldn't stay again.

Thank you for your feedback. Sorry to hear you did not enjoy staying at our hostel. We aim to keep our premises clean and our overall cleanliness ratings show that we are doing a good job at it. We will take your comments as motivation to improve further. Did you actually have to wait to take a shower? From our experience, it has not been a serious issue. The entry passes and the lockers in the rooms are a security feature that most guests appreciate. All the best on your onward travels

Really perfect situation , in the middle of the old town. The cleanliness I think can be little better but except this it is a very nice hostel.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6