High Street Hostel Reviews

8 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

This hostel had the best atmosphere out of any I've stayed at. Our check-in guy was super nice and remembered us during our whole stay, I wish I could remember his name. Really can't beat this hostel's location either. Beds were okay, comfy enough and the place could be cleaner, but definitely worth the stay.

Everything is very good!! But can't charge my mobile in the room :(

• 8th Aug 2014
  • Taiwan

Good hostel in a great location. The fridges need replacing (with more if possible)

I had a perfectly good stay! There isn't a luggage room you just leave your bags in a pile in the lobby which is weird-different but I wasn't concerned. The staff was nice and the wifi was good! (In the common area)

The double room is really small, the only place for the luggage is under the bed and nothing else to put your stuff on. Breakfast is cheap compared to Edinburgh prices and you can eat as much as you like. Great position, just a few steps from the Royal Mile and few minutes walk from Waverley Station.. Sad note: due to laptop and smartphone, hostels nowadays are no more good places to meet people, but only to see strangers updating their Facebook status.

The rooms are tiny and the wifi connection is only at the reception area, but otherwise a very nice hostel right in the heart of Edinburgh, and the staff is really friendly and helpful.

Have stayed many times here and I love the fact that it hasn't really changed. I also like the fact that there is no bar so people can just sit and be quiet or play pool or chat. I am 55 yet I don't feel out of place here!

Grumpy staff and bathrooms a little bit smelly. Good location.

We loved the atmosphere and location of High Street Hostel! It was so easy to get to from the train station, and we didn't have any problems while there. The only con was that the wifi was only available in the lobby, but that's pretty understandable considering that the walls are made of stone! The sounds of the seagulls outside weren't the best, but again, that's not something that the hostel can change. It was in easy walking distance of everything. Would gladly go back!

• 28th Jul 2014

Great staff, clean room and bathroom, amazing location! Would definitely recommend!

Cool hostel - would stay again!

• 26th Jul 2014

The hostel has a crazy good location just off the Royal Mile. Although it's not the most comfortable beds in the world, the kitchen made up for it. Clean enough and overall decent vibe.

If I could rate above "Excellent" I would! Loved this hostel! Nothing about it was bad!

Great place to stay, especially for the location, the staff and for the really cheap but very good breakfast !

You can't beat the location and the staff is super friendly here! I would totally book here again. Felt safe and close to everything. The bed are on the smaller side, but i was very happy staying here!

Very friendly staff. No fuss at all with booking, check-in, luggage storage etc. Relaxed atmosphere, nice brekkie, awesome location. :)

Wifi that reaches the rooms would be great!

The location was perfect, the rooms were clean and staff were friendly and knowledgable. One is there no secure place to put luggage before checking in. Also the check-in was very late.

• 14th Jul 2014

The hostel was located very centrally in Edinburgh right near the castle. We weren't allowed to check in until 2 and there wasn't much space to leave our bags. Also the wifi didn't work in the rooms or in the kitchen which was annoying. And there weren't any outlets in our room so we had to go in the hallway to charge stuff. The rooms were clean and nice though. And the kitchen space was big and had lots of tables. Free tea/coffee/hot chocolate was also a bonus

• 14th Jul 2014

Friendly staff, really nice breakfast for a small price, even Edinburgh been a small city, the location was perfect, we could go everywhere walking, and all areas was really clean. That was a short stay, but we stay in the fifth or fourth floor, and no lift, so if you have a big and heavy luggage that could be a problem. And the internet just work in the commum areas not in the bedroom.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7