High Street Hostel Reviews

8 Blackfriars Street, Edinburgh, Scotland

We originally booked just two nights but decided to stay a bit longer because we liked the hostel/city so much. We had to change rooms as we were booking the extra nights last minute, but the staff were really helpful. The staff were also good for advise with tours/things to do and made an effort to help. The atmosphere was good. Facilities were good, kitchen helped us stick to budget and there were power points at every bed. They also run a pub crawl which was really fun with the sister hostel.

Please get rid of the urine smell.

Thank you for your feedback. We do have a high cleaning standard, as most reviews will show. But we will take your comment to improve even further. Best regards.

Good hostel. We should not be paying for breakfast though. I found that unusual. Very quiet.

The staff was awesome! We had someone with us in our group who was gluten free and they helped us find a number of different restaurant options. Then later on in our stay when the same staff member was working she remembered us and asked how they turned out. They also have an awesome laundry service that made our trip a lot easier. Overall a great place to stay in Edinburgh!

The staff were really friendly on arrival and the rooms were really clean. Went on the pub crawl and met loads of cool people too!

In the very center of town, perfect location. Soundproof so you can not here the noises from the bar/bowling alley downstairs. Not so good soundproof from the outside, you can here the noises from there. Good hostel, would recommend this hostel to everyone.

• 15th Jul 2015
  • Finland

Not the most social of hostels. Great location and kitchen space. If you're traveling in two or more or want a relaxing time on your own hostel would be beneficial for you.

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear you did not have the best possible experience in our hostel. We do organise group events like pub crawls for socialising, but it of course also always depends on the individuals staying with you and your own willingness to meet people. Take care and all the best for your onward journey.

Nothing to complain really. Comfortable beds, super-friendly staff, excellent location. Dorm room was quite small for 6 people, but I guess you get what you pay for :D. It was nice that they had lockers in the rooms.

It was great for a cheaper and great location. We were happy with the beds and layout and would definitely stay again.

Rooms were good, very handy having the lockers there. Breakfast could be improved (perhaps more fruit).

We only stayed a night but i liked it!! Very cool feel, great staff, awesome location! Lockers in room are great to have.

Good location. However the room is very small and the bed for 2 is small. I considered it as a single bed rather than a bed for two.

I would definitely recommend staying here. The staff were so helpful and the kitchen is great. Good atmosphere, amazing location, all round top hostel.

cheap and good. rooms are clean and spacious with lockers. good atmosphere and vibe to the place. walking distance from the castle and train station. located in the city centre as well

Really great hostel. So close to everything and staff are great. 24 hour staff as well which was helpful because I needed to check out quite early on my last day.

very well situated, just beside the royal mile, beside Edinburgh Castle. The staff were very friendly and approachable. I enjoyed my time there. The kitchen and dining area could do with a remodeling though. There is a fantastic Street tour outside the the hostel for free, would recommend it for anyone who has an interest in the history and culture of the city.

High street hostel was great. The only thing to note is that our room was street facing and the noise from outside was very loud. Being ear plugs if you're a light sleeper because it can be very loud especially on weekends.

I like there are hot water for tea or coffee or other for guests need all the time in the kitchen. Staff also followed up well the clean and tidy up of the kitchen.

The staff wasn't very outgoing like the majority of my other hostiles. They were nice, but didn't go out if their way. LOVED the lockers and safe in the room for my valuables and it was the BEST location. The only problem I had was a woman outside nt window scream profanities and guest yelling out their windows instigating her, it was 3:45am and the staff working that night didn't do all they could to stop it, and it went on for an hour and a half

Thank you for your feedback. We take friendliness and helpfulness of our staff very seriously and are taking your experience as a motivation to further improve. I am really sorry about the incident that you had to endure in the night. The guest was asked to leave as early as I found out about it in the morning. All the best on your future travels.

Amazing place !!