Hikers Hostel Plovdiv Reviews

53 Saborna str., Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Had a great stay in this ideally located, social and relaxed hostel. I'm very greatful I was given a room when I arrived at 6am where most hostel tell you to wait until official check in time. The showers are weird though, but not a deterrent.

Great place, location couldn't be better. Met loads of other travellers, almost everyone was solo. Bathrooms really let the place down, shower is above a sink- not very convenient and none of the toilet or shower doors lock. Otherwise, great place and would recommend!

Shame the double room in 5 min walk from the backpacker itself

this is a great hostel right in the centre. if you are coming to plovdiv, check out this hostel everyone - 100 %

We had a great time at Hikers Hostel! The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere was excellent for meeting people. In addition to this, the breakfast was amazing (when we arrived at breakfast late, they even made a new fresh fruit salad for us)! The only downside is the bathroom: the toilets were not cleaned very often and there is a weird kınd of sink-shower (not too bad though).

This was my favourite out of ten that I stayed in. The atmosphere is fantastic, the staff so friendly. It is like a giant family trip! I stayed here longer than planned and would've stayed longer if I could.

NOTE: ratings we gave in are only based on short impressions since we didn't stay here. We made a reservation through this website (and paid for it too) but when we arrived they were overbooked with ten persons. Staff was very friendly and tried to do their best to accomodate us. In the end we ourselves found another place to stay in Plovdiv. According to the guy who helped us at the hostel, this seems to be a bug in the system of Hostelworld.

• 23rd Jul 2013
  • All Male Group, 25-30

This is a typical meeting place. Lots of interesting people, the owner keeps putting food on the table, there is a huge breakfast in the mornings. The place is situated right inside the old town.

We stayed in a twin room, not in the main building. Although the location was a little better, it was very dirty. Walls filthy, our room wasn't clean when we arrived, the guy changed our sheets when we got there and the sheets sat in the hallway for the duration of our stay. Kitchen facilities were ok, but minimal utensils, bathrooms were very difficult/cramped. The breakfast was very nice however, and the staff friendy and helpful... It was just very dirty.

Hikers Hostel based on the Nebet Hill is in a great location and provides amazing views of Plovdiv. The hostel has a very chilled and relaxed vibe, staff where great, very accommodating. Very comfortable rooms, clean and extremely affordable. For $10 A night you really cant go wrong.

• 30th Jun 2013

Stephan is an awesome guy to run the hostel. Very friendly and welcoming, and a great guy to hang out with. Breakfasts here are really good as well. Especially Stephans fruit salad. The amazing thing about the hostel is the location, right on the middle of the old town. Only negative is the few bathrooms that are only on the first floor but overall an awesome place.

Thanks to Stephan for daily breakfast and tour ideas in and around Plovdiv and thanks to Slavvy for the winery tour!

Fantastic! Excellent spot right in the old town; quiet but super close to basically everything. Friendly, helpful staff who were a wealth of knowledge on Plovdiv, Bulgaria and the region generally. Cosy and characterful without being pokey or messy. Only possible complaint was limited toilets/showers, with none on the same level as the big dorm. Honestly, Hikers Hostel made Plovdiv one of the highlights of my trip so far.

Having stayed in a lot of hostels over the years and several in Bulgaria, I have to say this was one of the best hostel experiences I have had. The staff are amazing and went out of their way to help me and my (large group of) friends have a great time. The beds are comfortable and the breakfast delicious. Thanks you so much everyone at Hiker's Hostel, Plovdiv. We will come back! (with our own wellington boots this time!) XX

• 6th Jun 2013

very nice people, very helpfull. Right in the middle of the old town Feels like going back in time. All in all , a superb experience , did not want to leave, very special ambience.

This hostel is right in the centre. It's clean and friendly. The staff are amazing. Their knowledge of Plovdiv is amazing. If you're going to Plovdiv you must stay here. 100 %