Hikers Hostel Plovdiv Reviews

53 Saborna str., Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Very calm and welcoming atmosphere. Staff were helpful and very nice. Great location in Old Town Plovdiv in an early 20th century house. Was a little too cold and drafty in the winter, but certainly not death defying. Highly recommended, one of the best hostels I've stayed at.

I was so impressed with the character of the place and the friendly, easy-going adittude of the staff! It was a lovely place to stay- I appreciated the flexibility to stay in a smaller room for very little more money and the homey atmosphere of the common area. It was arranged in such a way that you really met all the people in the hostel. The showers are in a strange place near the entrance and it is hard to keep your clothes off the floor, but otherwise, hot water and privacy.

• 20th Oct 2015

I loved this place! It's very nice and relaxed. And the girls who work here are just the best! They are so fun and funny and are really good at karaoke ;) It was hard to leave!

• 5th Oct 2015
  • New Zealand

Great, friendly staff and in the middle of town. My only beef (and a large one in my book), is that when I wanted a locker-I was originally told none we're available (for the big dorm on the first floor). When I mentioned I would like for somewhere else to say-I was told that because the second floor wasn't full-I would be able to use a locker up there. Great place if you don't have valuables. You may want to reconsider if you have valuable and are traveling during the busy season.

Amazing staff and people too - what else do you want?

Hey I had a lot of fun meeting you both, and had a wonderful stay at the hostel. I made two great new friends there. Thank you for chilling out with me, telling me what it's like to live in Plovdidv, and sharing your music and dance videos with me. I hope you both do well with your schooling and exams. Paulina & Lena, *please* feel free to friend me on Facebook, you were both wonderful http://facebook.com/halliganmichael

Great chilled atmosphere and the staff treat you like friends and family rather than just another traveller, with them often giving free home cooked local food and home made rakia to try. Also has an excellent location right in the middle of the old town hill, 5-10 minutes walk,from bars in The Trap area and the main shopping street.

Wonderful staff who know how to foster a chilled and jovial atmosphere. Breathtaking view over Plovdiv from the biggest dorm. Quiet from cars since none are allowed in old town. The courtyard is a great place to hang out and socialize, serene during the day and a blast at night, also the location of a famous BBQ. Don't miss this hostel!

Amazing hostel! The two girls that staff it are super friendly and amazing, as is the owner. Location is great--just a few minutes walk to the main area. Neighbourhood is quiet enough that you can get a good night's sleep but not so quiet that you're bored. The hostel has a comfortable patio that always has people hanging out on it--a few nights we barbecued, and the hostel offers beers for cheap. I actually ended up extending my stay in Plovdiv by a few days since I liked this hostel so much.

A friendly hostel in the heart of the old town. The dorms were pretty average but there's a nice common area with a good atmosphere and the staff are always helpful. I'd stay here again.

The atmosphere was great, as well as the location ! It was without hesitation the best hostel of our road trip, with an authentique travellers spirit !