Hilal Pension Reviews

Yeni Camii Sokak No: 7, Kas, Turkey

Excellent place, excellent tip and excellent tours. But, we should not have to pay for breakfast.

Our stay at Hilal Hostel was great. We didn't had our double bed but just two single beds pushed together. But still it wasn't staff fault but because the previous guests decided to stay longer.

Terrific breakfast, great BBQ's. Fantastic staff make you feel right at home and do everything to make you welcome and enjoy Kas. Clean rooms, good atmosphere, nice people, very relaxing. Thoroughly recommend this Pension.

Friends and I showed up to Hilal Pension with a reservation from HostelWorld (PAID) in hand. The guy who runs the place was called (most of his family was lying around the open terrace sleeping) and came over to meet us. We showed him our paid reservation and he said "I don't know why they keep renting that out, I don't even have that apartment." He then tried to sell us a room with 2 beds that had been set up in a kitchen and a smoke-stinky room. Not terrible but much better options in town.

Lovely roof terrace overlooking the town, with cold beer! Discount on sea kayaking as promised (do this!) and close to the bus station. What more do you need?

Best things about this pension: it's location (5-minute walk from bus station, close to city center), beautiful view from terrace, and delicious breakfast w/ a variety of fresh fruit. I had a single room--sparse but clean and secure. However, I was NOT happy that I couldn't get any hot water for a shower at late night or early morning. The friendly owner, Suleyman, made up for it though by taking me for some fun rides around town on his motorbike, and helped me arrange my bus tickets, etc.

A fantastic hostel, the owner is very welcoming and helped us to organise various activities in the Kas area. He also held BBQ's which were very nice and a great way to meet fellow travellers.

Had a wonderful stay! Loved Kas...the staff were very friendly and also really loved the two nights where we had a bbq's. Would definitely go back. Thanks.

The best place I've stayed @ ın Turkey. The host's well set you up wıth anythıng you want to do whıle you stay, weather ıt be saılıng, dıvıng, hıkıng, you name ıt the lıst ıs endless. I wont stay anywhere else when I return to Kas.

what they say on hostelworld ıs not true, for that prıce you can only get the 2 bed dorms. the kıtchen ıs for the workers to use and you can use ıt only when they are not. staff are nıce, close to the beach. breakfast was ok and our room smelt

We have stayed ın many hotels on our trıp and thıs ıs probably the best value. The staff has been exceptıonal provıdıng affordable dınners,free breakfast, help wıth travels, bus pıck-up, and they are fun too. Thıs place ıs fantastıc!

Be careful when you pay a deposıt onlıne...owner seemed "confused" and wanted to charge me full prıce untıl ı showed hım the confırmatıon emaıl from hostelworld.com.

I really enoyed the Hilal Pansion. The fellow operates it was very helpful wihtout being too pushy. Even came to meet us at the bus station, which was much appreciated. The place also has a great location, only a few minutes walk down to the waterfront and town centre. There's a brilliant roof-top terrace that is a great place to chill and overall, the building and rooms are VERY clean. Super comfortable bed in our room. For the price, it's a great value.

We had a fantastıc tıme at hılal pensıon. The owner Suleyman was ıncredıbly kınd and helpful-he even took me to get a new phone when mıne broke! And also made sure we got on the rıght bus to our next stop.Good stay all round.

they really should know what they offer onlıne- ınstead of them havıng to questıon you about ıt. Also they should go over what ıt covers at the start- for example- coffee ıs not ıncluded ın breakfast- ıt ıs an adıtıona cost.

Excellent home cooked dinner (15YTL / person), and finally some other choices than cucumber and tomato for breakfast.

I think it mentions on the hostelworld website that dinner is included - actually BREAKFAST is included but dinner is 7.50 YTL. My friend and I gave dinner a try and it was absolutely delicious and hugely portioned!! By far the best deal in town (and we know becasue we are on a very tight budget and did some wandering-through-town-research fırst!). Breakfast was great too - fresh fruits and french toast! The staff are great, speak excellent English, drove us down to the closest beach, and even held onto some of our excess things while we hiked the Lycian Way for three days! Great deal great price!