Hillside Farm Bunk Barn Reviews

Hillside farm, Boustead hill, Burgh by sands, Carlisle, Carlisle, England

I arrived 2 hours after the time I said I would but the hostel was closed and no lights were on - I had to leave and find another place to stay last minute which was inconvenient. I tried telephoning the hostel earlier in the day to let them know I might be late and to check that this would be OK but I couldn't get an answer and there was no option to leave a message. I hope there wasn't some error where the hostel was closed but this hadn't filtered through to the online booking form.

• 9th Oct 2015

The staff was wonderful! The hostel is about 7 miles from Carlisle but it's on the wall path and accessible by bus. It was very cozy and a great place to stay out of the city, I recommend it!

A lovely little place for anyone in need of simple bunkhouse accommodation. The owner lady was extremely nice and helpful. Good showers! And the location felt exotic with all those marshlands around it, very beautiful.

Even though it was 7 miles outside my route, I think it was worth biking to Hillside Farm Bunk Barn just for the fact that it's awesome to sleep on a farm! Everything was clean and the owner is really nice! If you get there, I would only suggest to buy food in Carlisle as you won't really pass by grocery stores after that though you can buy few stuff at the hostel.