Hilltop Hostel

Fabulous 698 Total Reviews

• USA, Male, 41+
28th Apr 2017
7.4

I am uncomfortable writing a review because I do not not stay at enough hostels to have a database to compare against. Also, each individual experience is subject to what other guests happen to be there at the same time. I do want to say though that I found the descriptions of Hilltop Hostel on their website to be accurate. I would stay there again.

• England, Male, 25-30
27th Apr 2017
3.1

It was such a bad experience. No fans or AC when it's 90F and very humid. Bed sheets were not clean. Owner didn't seem to care. Owner said it was cash only. When I asked for a towel he seemed almost annoyed I asked.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Apr 2017

I'm not the usual client for a hostel but I've stayed here two times for an annual conference and I've thoroughly enjoyed my stay both times. It is a great place with really amazing folks to meet and share time with. I probably won't be able to stay here next year mostly because my age (my knees) precludes it. I can't hack the stairs again. I will miss the camaraderie and easy living! I like being able to cook when I'm there -- keeps food costs down! Overall just a really nice place!

16th Apr 2017

This hostel is awesome, great staff, nice breakfast, beautiful place, incredible value for the money.

• USA, Female, 41+
11th Apr 2017

Lovely house, perfect location , great neighborhood, friendly staff. Only suggestion : would have been nice to have a locker/drawer where I could lock up my bags. Otherwise it was a wonderful stay!

• USA, Female, 25-30
30th Mar 2017
6.0

Pretty eclectic Victorian house. Perfect situation on the metro to everywhere. Hip area with pretty good restaurants. Two things did not like: 1.One of the managers was a person who should not be in tourism, his sarcasm, sardonic/talking behind people's backs/being a bully. 2 cleanliness. They did not clean the blankets after every person's use, smelled like sweat. Linen had holes. The pots/pans/cups were caked on grime. Did not feel right using them.

• Poland, Female, 31-40
22nd Mar 2017

Very nice staff and really nice atmosphere. A bit far from downtown Washington, but a good place to stay in general.

• USA, Female, 25-30
17th Mar 2017

Like staying at a friend's house! It wasn't perfectly clean and the windows were drafty, but it was pretty much what I expected from a hostel and the staff was friendly. I felt totally welcome and the atmosphere was warm and colorful. Great location right next to the metro and many nearby locations for food and drinks.

10th Mar 2017

very good location, very friendly staff, very nice facilities. I like here~

• Germany, Male, 18-24
6th Mar 2017
5.1

I picked the hostel because no other hostel was vacant at that time and this hostel had a pretty good reviews and a good location. In the end the location and the price were the only good things of the hostel. The neighborhood seemed pretty save as well. But otherwise it was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The house is very old including all the furniture. This fact would be no problem if it was clean. But it wasn't! I'm even sure that I saw a mouse in the food storage space!