Hilltop Hostel

Fabulous 678 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 31-40
22nd Jan 2017
6.0

Not bad. Didn't like that when I asked for a blanket because I had been cold the night before, they acted like I was lying for some reason. And one of the guys that worked there in the mornings was often really rude to guests. It was right on the metro line, so that was the big plus for me. Tacoma is A cute little community as well, I enjoyed exploring.

20th Jan 2017

I almost hesitate to say how great this place is, since I want to be sure i can stay here again in Spring! Loved it. The staff was gracious, accommodating, and knowledgeable. The chocolate cookies were a delightful treat. The bunk was comfy, the sheets a little scratchy, but not bad. The building itself is beautiful. The shared spaces were warm and inviting. The back yard has a hammock I can't wait to claim when I'm back in better weather. lovely place to be for the Women's March!

19th Jan 2017

Great location! People were very welcoming and well informed. The mattresses could be improved that's my only negative comments. I would definitely stay there again.

19th Jan 2017

Warm welcome, given all the info and help needed to make an easy stay. Accorr ffrom the Metro station so perfect location to come and go to downtown DC. This was very first stay in a histel and i am inpressed. Had an upper bunk which was a bit of a challenge for this 71 year old and a softer mattres would have been nice, but I was warm, safe and treated with kindness. I will go there again. Also goid restaurants within a few blocks.

• mischegoss9727
  • USA, Female, 31-40
19th Jan 2017

I loved my stay here. It was inviting, relaxing and very close to the Metro (and a 7-11 for cheap snacks). The bed was not the best (a bit thin) and it was a hostel so there was noise, but for the price and laid back atmosphere, it was perfect. I will gladly come back next time I am in town to cover a protest or event.

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th Nov 2016

Wonderful experience

• Singapore, Male, 41+
30th Oct 2016

Location is convenience. The room is clean and the staff is friendly.

• Indonesia, Male, 41+
22nd Oct 2016

I love this place, John (owner) is very kind and helpful, he was explained everything about the hostel and surrounding, will stay here again when I visit Washington DC,

• England, Couple, 25-30
6th Sep 2016
6.0

The room was quiet with air conditioning and there was a nice balcony area at the back of the house. The staff were friendly and approachable, the location was great next to the metro and the area seemed nice. The main issue with this hostel is that it is simply not clean and this was particularly the case in the bedroom and shared bathroom. The hostel needs an overhaul of the mattresses and bedding including the mattress protectors and pillows which were pretty disgusting as they were discoloured with stai

31st Aug 2016

I stayed at the Hilltop Hostel in the Spring of 2015 - and intentionally returned there for my visit to DC this fall. (In my mind, my return visit to the hostel is in itself is a wonderful endorsement for the establishment.) The atmosphere of the hostel is one of independence (happily, for me), but if one is looking to develop and create new friendships with the other patrons, look elsewhere. There are no roaches or bedbugs. And more importantly, I plan to return there next Spring.