Hilltop Hostel

8.5
Fabulous 684 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 25-30
17th Mar 2017

Like staying at a friend's house! It wasn't perfectly clean and the windows were drafty, but it was pretty much what I expected from a hostel and the staff was friendly. I felt totally welcome and the atmosphere was warm and colorful. Great location right next to the metro and many nearby locations for food and drinks.

10th Mar 2017

very good location, very friendly staff, very nice facilities. I like here~

• Germany, Male, 18-24
6th Mar 2017
5.1

I picked the hostel because no other hostel was vacant at that time and this hostel had a pretty good reviews and a good location. In the end the location and the price were the only good things of the hostel. The neighborhood seemed pretty save as well. But otherwise it was the worst hostel I've ever stayed in. The house is very old including all the furniture. This fact would be no problem if it was clean. But it wasn't! I'm even sure that I saw a mouse in the food storage space!

22nd Jan 2017
6.0

Not bad. Didn't like that when I asked for a blanket because I had been cold the night before, they acted like I was lying for some reason. And one of the guys that worked there in the mornings was often really rude to guests. It was right on the metro line, so that was the big plus for me. Tacoma is A cute little community as well, I enjoyed exploring.

• USA, Female, 41+
20th Jan 2017

I almost hesitate to say how great this place is, since I want to be sure i can stay here again in Spring! Loved it. The staff was gracious, accommodating, and knowledgeable. The chocolate cookies were a delightful treat. The bunk was comfy, the sheets a little scratchy, but not bad. The building itself is beautiful. The shared spaces were warm and inviting. The back yard has a hammock I can't wait to claim when I'm back in better weather. lovely place to be for the Women's March!

19th Jan 2017

Great location! People were very welcoming and well informed. The mattresses could be improved that's my only negative comments. I would definitely stay there again.

• USA, Female, 41+
19th Jan 2017

Warm welcome, given all the info and help needed to make an easy stay. Accorr ffrom the Metro station so perfect location to come and go to downtown DC. This was very first stay in a histel and i am inpressed. Had an upper bunk which was a bit of a challenge for this 71 year old and a softer mattres would have been nice, but I was warm, safe and treated with kindness. I will go there again. Also goid restaurants within a few blocks.

• mischegoss9727
19th Jan 2017

I loved my stay here. It was inviting, relaxing and very close to the Metro (and a 7-11 for cheap snacks). The bed was not the best (a bit thin) and it was a hostel so there was noise, but for the price and laid back atmosphere, it was perfect. I will gladly come back next time I am in town to cover a protest or event.

• USA, Male, 25-30
13th Nov 2016

Wonderful experience

• Singapore, Male, 41+
30th Oct 2016

Location is convenience. The room is clean and the staff is friendly.