8.1
Fabulous 361 Total Reviews
8.1
Fabulous 361 Total Reviews
Hilltop Located at Marjanski Put 13, , Split.
Hilltop
Hilltop
    Rooms available

• Indonesia, Female, 25-30
17th Sep 2016

Hi im from indonesia. I stayed in hilltop for two nights. I do recommend this place: excellent services and comfortable room. It feels like home. Totally worth it

• Germany, Female, 18-24
14th Sep 2016

my friend and I had such a lovely stay, Petar was so helpful and always in a good mood. We shortly became frienda with him and he also gave us apple juice one day because the next day was Sunday and stores were closed. The hostel was super clean, because Tonka cleaned all the public facilities every morning and Petar even chaned our sheets after a couple of days of us sleeping in it. You should definetely come here, they are so generous and nice!

• Poland, Female, 25-30
11th Sep 2016

Located about 10 minutes walking from the city center, very clean, well equipped, really nice and friendly stuff. Amazing view at the mountains from the balcony. Quality vs price - excellent. Definitely I will come back here!

• Australia, Male, 18-24
11th Sep 2016

Great place!

• Australia, Couple, 18-24
9th Sep 2016
5.7

The hostel was located about a 10-15 min walk into the centre of split. The rooms were fine and the beds comfortable. Small lockers in the rooms but the rest of the hostel is completely open and unlocked. Small kitchen available. Bathroom nice but only two so difficult to get into. Staff a bit rude, stripping the beds while you are still trying to get out of the room. Price typical for location but not worth it for what it is. Wifi ok. Absolutely NO common!!! So no atmosphere!

• carissabanana
  • Australia, Female, 18-24
6th Sep 2016

We loved our stay at Hilltop! The rooms are comfortable and clean, and the staff are really accomodating. We arrived at 2am via the bus and there was a room waiting for us. The location gives you an amazing view of Split and it's a fairly close walk to shops and the centre of Split. The dog (Tony) is also really cute!

6th Sep 2016
3.4

Save yourself the backache. The 'hostel' is an apartment in a residential area, 1+ hr to find. Eventually got a taxi, the driver couldn't even find it. Owner cancelled our booking when we asked to change a date without telling us so we still showed (not within 72hr. A simple 'no' would have sufficed - we were still happy to pay for the night we wouldn't need). Aggressive owner on arrival. Entered our LOCKED room and moved our stuff into a downgraded room when we were out. No security!

5th Sep 2016
7.7

Kind of a weird hostel but not bad. Basically a dude's apartment that he put some bunk beds in and called it a hostel. No security to speak of, save the tiny lockers, but the hostel does seem to be in a safe area, if not slightly hard to find. Dude seemed really nice. Clean place. I managed to have a good time as a single traveler with other guests, despite there only being like 8 total.

• New Zealand, Male, 25-30
4th Sep 2016
2.9

Would not stay again! I modified my booking 4 days before arriving. The owner said this was fine. I arrived and the owner said I had cancelled my booking. He said I had lost my deposit and had to pay full price for the room. When I asked why, he got angry, started shouting, wouldn't listen to me and told me to find another hostel for the same price. He told me to pay the money and leave in the morning. The deposit aside, why run a hostel if you can't have a mature discussion with your guest?

• Australia, Couple, 25-30
4th Sep 2016
2.9

How do I even begin to express how utterly disappointing Hilltop was.. THE PHOTOS YOU SEE, ARE OF THE OLD HOSTEL. The new one has a tiny kitchen and NO common room or shared computers as pictured above. The staff were rude and unaware of how to manage people checking in. The owner, Peter, was condescending, dismissive and argumentative towards other staff and guests. The dorms were incredibly small with only the floor space to place bags and struggle to walk between them. AVOID THIS HOSTEL.