Hilltop Reviews

Marjanski Put 13, Split, Croatia

Me and my two friends had a really nice visit at Hilltop. We had balcony, it was close to everything and the staff was so friendly and helpful. I really recomend this hostel!

• 16th Sep 2014
  • Sweden

Our stay at Hilltop was lovely. We were greeted very warmly and made to feel at home straight away. The hostel is tucked away just outside the centre off Split and offers great security and a beautiful view from its various balconies. The hostel seems to be absolutely spotless all 24 hours of the day which demonstrates the attentiveness and care of the wonderful owner and staff. We had a great stay in Split and Hilltop was the perfect accommodation for our stay.

Hilltop was very nice and it does justice to its name. It's at the top of a steep hill so be aware if you are carrying heavy bags. Peter was so friendly and easy going. He really looked after us and even let us checkout an hour late as we accidentally forgot the checkout time. The only complaint was that the pillows were lumpy and the fold out bed was very uncomfortable.

The location is in a residential area, but still only a short walk to the touristy bits. Our flight was delayed and so we arrived late, we were given the keys but not checked in and we were waiting around, which was a bit frustrating. But when we were given a map for Split, the information was really good - especially about the restaurant Fife. Overall, it was an excellent stay and for what we paid, you couldn't really complain and I would stay again

• 9th Sep 2014

We had a nice enough stay at this hostel, hostel rooms are very basic though. We paid for a private two bedroomed room, and it was extremely basic. I wasn't keen on the privacy of this hostel, front door was always open, as well as the room to the bedrooms, the only thing you could actually lock was your own bedroom. Location is pretty good, but not surprisingly judging by the name it is up quite a long hill! I don't think I would stay here again but I had a fairly good stay.

• 7th Sep 2014

Peter is a very helpful and super host..

Our room was not secure and the owner was rude and aggressive when we explained to him that his directions to the hostel were confusing and inaccurate. The owner also insulted us as we entered our room by asking us to 'keep it tidy' because it was a newly refurbished room! Furthermore, the door at the back of our room which opened on to the balcony did not have a lock and therefore offered us no security. We would not recommend Hilltop.

• 6th Sep 2014

Sorry but definitely it is not true! We give to you perfectly and comfortable room with balcony and I'm very suprised with this comment after thousands of guests this summer......

Best hostel ever!