Hillview Budget Rooms Reviews

Shore road, Broadford, Isle of Skye, Scotland

Enjoyed stay, shared bathrooms not a problem, good facilities. Hotel across the road for evening meals.

• 13th Jul 2014
  • New Zealand

Great bed and breakfast! Nice bagged breakfast in the am, great location of the place, everything was fantastic. Only comment would be for them to change the parental controls on the wifi! Not being able to use skype or gmail chat is crazy!

Thanks for you fantastic comments and feedback, it may seem crazy to have restricted service but its due to bandwith. it makes the difference between being able to offer a FREE wifi service to guests or having to upgrading to a commercial and having guests pay per hour, we have up to 25 devices connecting at anyone time and want everyone to enjoy FREE connection at a reasonable speed, when no restrictions are applied connection is slow or unavailable to some guests.

Good value for money, has 2 bathrooms for 4 rooms which is ok. Good location, main street is in front of the house but it gets quiet at night, so problem at all for us.

Great value for money. A good choice if you're looking for a clean private room on Skye without spending a lot and don't really care about ambiance or extras. We found it inconvenient that there is only hot water for showering during certain times of day in one of the shared bathrooms. Location was good for Broadford and free parking available.

• 23rd Jun 2014

thanks for your comments, but both of our showers have ample hot water from 6am to 1am, which is more than convenient for the majority of our guests. as for ambience and extras, we provide more than other local 3 star establishments at half the cost.

Friendly owner. Room was clean. Two shared bathrooms (not en suite) with showers; one has a whirlpool tub, not working. Lounge with couches, dining table & chairs, TV. Breakfasts were vegetarian: yogurt, croissant, muffin, breakfast bar, fruit & juice. Overall, decent place in a good location, on main road, private parking, & easy walking distrance to a large grocery store & several restaurants & bars. SatNav/GPS will NOT take you to the hotel. On A87 directly across from Dunollie Hotel.

• 15th Jun 2014

the hostel very good, we had a big room and we sleeped very good in the bad. the bathroom was next to our roomdoor,so it was no problem to have a shared bathroom. the bathrooms are very modern, also was the livingroom. the staff was very friendly.

Good, clean place, excellent value for the money. Quite, even though being on a main road. Easy to find. Close to eating places.

• 1st Jun 2014

excellent location, friendly staff, best option for budget acomodation

• 28th May 2014

Great location, easy to find on the main road. Lots of parking in back. Clean and comfortable old house. Best place to stay on Skye

The complimentary breakfast bag was amazing. Great location and well-maintained for an old house. As it is an old house, noise levels at night are unfortunately dependent on other guests and their use of the facilities.

I found the staff very friendly & explained everything. Also unbeknown to me I lost my Passport in my bedroom & as I was checking out the following morning I pointed to a leaflet advertising a boat trip that I was going on the following day & they found my Passport & rang through to the Company & I was able to collect it as I passed through Broadford on my way to Inverness

• 24th May 2014

Beign described as a B&B we assumed breakfast was included in the rate. We were perfectly happy with the breakfast offered to rooms but would have been nice to know in advance that this was the arrangement.

hi thanks for your feedback comments, But we clearly advertise our property/rates as being a room only establishment, with a FREE complimentary breakfast bag offered to all guest that would like one. below is the statement taken directly from our property description on all websites we advertise on. "although our rates are room only we do provide a complimentary continental breakfast bag for each guest ."

Very friendly staff, the room was perfectly equipped.

Well situated for touring Skye, good value for money, clean, excellent breakfast bags

• 10th Apr 2014