Hillview House Reviews

Hillview House, 26 Merlewood Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

Very very good experience.

• 1st Mar 2014
  • Scotland

It's a great place to stay!, Very clean and comfortable. The location is not the best, but in Inverness distances are not large.

The staff was very friendly. Great kitchen for self cooking. Parking space and just a short walk to the city centre of Inverness.

Fantastic hostel. I would gladly pay double the price for this!

• 19th Dec 2013
  • Thailand

The room was very nice and perfect for 3 people. We arrived late in the evening and were greeted with kindness and taken to our room. Would definitely stay again. Only negative---was not aware that we would need to pay in cash Thank goodness we had gotten a small amount at the airport before taking taxi to property.

• 26th Nov 2013
  • Mixed Group, 41+

Friendly staff who were very helpful in providing assistance. Well presented communal areas. New facilities. Strong wifi.

I spent a really nice evening and night in this very personal, calm yet lively hillview house. the kitchen is absolutely awesome, I met really nice people there and there is really nothing to complain. We shared a large six-bed-dorm with en suite bathroom and without bunk beds and it was simply amazing. I am sure I will be back one day!

My comments are based on the fact that upon arrival, the accommodation offered was in a "hobbit" house next to the main building. This was not a five bed dorm as advertised, but rather a wooden building with caravan style benches down either side and at the head of the room, sleeping two down either side and a fifth person at the end. The benches had a narrow, one inch thick plastic covered mattress on them, which I found distinctly uncomfortable.

• 26th Oct 2013
  • Scotland

Stayed in the "Hobbit Hole", a round structure not connected to the house but right behind; looks like it might have been a sauna at one point. Very interesting, and in my opinion pretty neat. My only complaint was that the "mattresses", if you can call them that, more-so resembled yoga mats. Did not sleep my best.

• 21st Oct 2013