Hillview House Reviews

Hillview House, 26 Merlewood Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

The images on the website are of Inverness Castle. There are no images of the outside of the accommodation leading us to believe we would be staying in a castle. I know it was silly to assume this but the advertising is misleading and should be labelled as to what is a tourist attraction and what the accommodation is.

• 22nd Jul 2015

A nice, clean establishment with friendly staff.

Very comfortable!! My girlfriend and I stayed one night at Hillview House, and could've easily stayed a month. Julie the owner/operator was very friendly and welcoming when we arrived, making us feel instantly comfortable from the start. We stayed in the pod which was cool and unique. It was clean and up to date, great value for money. Strong wifi and and better than continental help yourself breakfast were also very nice. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would absolutely return.

Although the lady of the reception is friendly, the accommodation was not at all what we were expecting! Instead of a normal room, they put us in a "hobbit hob" in the backyard. The shared bathroom was in the main house, and catch cold and rain to go there at night is nothing pleasant! The accommodation was not clean, and when we woke up we had bedbug bites on the body!!! Only realized the seriousness after leaving the house, when I started doing allergic reaction to the bedbug bites!

Cute house, a little bit away from the town centre but not so far (maybe 20-25 minute walk) in a cute neighbourhood, you can walk by the water to get there and it's a nice walk . Breakfast is included and quite good, including eggs, toast and cereal. However there were not enough chairs for all guests. We were in the pod outside, which was very cute, and it was nice out so that was great, but you have to go insides for the bathroom so if it rains it can be a problem. Wifi was spotty in the pod

We really enjoyed to spend two nights in a cute hobbitish house

Stayed out in the "Hobbit pod." Was a really cool experience. The manager Julie, and her dog Sinbad, were both very friendly. Great hostel if you're looking for a relaxing weekend away from the busy city.

There was only me in the small wooden cabin. It's free and relaxing. The landlord was nice and the house was clean and sweet.

Highly recommended

• 20th Jun 2015
  • China

I've booked the room but the hostel hasn't received any reservation from you. So I had to find an other one. After weeks I've been refunded but with credits on your website, which is not a good point...

• 3rd Jun 2015

All good, nice place, nice location, quiet and clean. Big kitchen for cooking and TV inside the double/private bedroom.

Do not get put in the pod. You will sleep on thin crash mat and it won't be a pleasant experience . The facilities in the house are all there that you would require for a short stay. If you do get one of the bed rooms they look adequate for what you would need in a hostel. The lady on reception is very friendly.

• 12th May 2015

A bit misleading, the living room was nice but I was not indoors like I initially expected. Instead I was in an outdoor "glamper" and although it was a new experience and I was blessed to have only one other person, I'd expect it would be cramped if full and no space for personal belongings. If you wanted to go to town it was either a taxi ride or a 30 minute walk.

A really great place to stay. Clean rooms, the staff was so helpful and the Hobbit Hob is amazing.

The place was great. Excelent rooms and facilities. Great staff. Highly recomended.

Cute place! The front door wasn't locked very often and it was a 30 minute walk from town, but great other than that!

This hostel was really more like a bed and breakfast. The house was modern and tidy with great facilities. Living a backpacker lifestyle we appreciated having a large lounge and kitchen at our disposal. Unfortunately when we stayed there was often no one on site to help us should we have any questions- I understand that this was temporary. The landlord came in when we could but it would have been helpful to have someone on site. Overall we really enjoyed our stay