Hillview House Reviews

Hillview House, 26 Merlewood Road, Inverness, Inverness, Scotland

Do not get put in the pod. You will sleep on thin crash mat and it won't be a pleasant experience . The facilities in the house are all there that you would require for a short stay. If you do get one of the bed rooms they look adequate for what you would need in a hostel. The lady on reception is very friendly.

• 12th May 2015

A bit misleading, the living room was nice but I was not indoors like I initially expected. Instead I was in an outdoor "glamper" and although it was a new experience and I was blessed to have only one other person, I'd expect it would be cramped if full and no space for personal belongings. If you wanted to go to town it was either a taxi ride or a 30 minute walk.

A really great place to stay. Clean rooms, the staff was so helpful and the Hobbit Hob is amazing.

The place was great. Excelent rooms and facilities. Great staff. Highly recomended.

Cute place! The front door wasn't locked very often and it was a 30 minute walk from town, but great other than that!

This hostel was really more like a bed and breakfast. The house was modern and tidy with great facilities. Living a backpacker lifestyle we appreciated having a large lounge and kitchen at our disposal. Unfortunately when we stayed there was often no one on site to help us should we have any questions- I understand that this was temporary. The landlord came in when we could but it would have been helpful to have someone on site. Overall we really enjoyed our stay