Hilo Backpacker's Hostel Reviews

69 Waianuenue, Hilo, USA

Location was in walking distance to lots of good stores and restuarants and also a movie theater. I met people from around the world who I got to hang with and know. It was a awesome experience for me at Hilo Backpacker's Hostel. Even the taxi service was amazing! Highly recommended.

• 8th Apr 2015

The Hilo Backpackers is kind of a good deal i you just need a place to stay not an actual family or nice place to stay in a long time. is only one bathroom for women and the doors don't !). They acutally have a lot of free stuff (snorkel equipment, boogie boards,..) but they are all dirty. All in all a place to stay for a night or two but definitely not more

Very friendly staff! Met a lot of nice people there :)

• 31st Mar 2015

I meet a lot of nice people there!!! And I really miss the German guy who was talkative with me in that 2 nights(1/4). I really really miss him. Could anyone help me to find him?:'( The facility was ok there, not that clean but still acceptable. The location was excellent! In downtown and near farmer market! I spent 2 days there and didn't feel boring. I love Hilo!!! Anyway, plz help me to find him!

• 30th Mar 2015
  • Macau

Nice and friendly personnel, the only issue is the showers. There is just one shower available for all people on second floor...this is clearly not enough..

• 20th Mar 2015
  • Colombia

Thanks for staying with us. We did show you three separate toilets and showers in the hostel.take care

Great hostel, the staff is the best! Had a really good time here, it felt like home. Met some awesome people here, Jared (the manager) makes sure everyone has a good time.

Very clean, tidy, plenty of space, the staff are brilliant and help you out with everything you need to know, and are great at introducing you to the other backpackers to get some friends and adventures started! Only minor complaint is that the bathrooms could use a bit of an update.

Jared and Jared were awesome.

Positive: the staff is wonderful!! They are the reason i wanna come back, and the super cozy common area. I met a lot of nice people during my stay and I really felt like home here, espacially since i was dissapointed with Hilo in general. But the Hostel was fantastic! Negative: i miss lockers and laundry machines. You have to walk a bit to do laundry at a landrymaut, and it was quit expensive aswell...

• 9th Mar 2015