Hilo Bay Hostel Reviews

101 Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo Hawaii, Hilo, USA

The staff was extremely friendly. The hostel has a mellow and cool vibe to it. The kitchen and other facilities are well maintained. Overall a pleasant experience. Make sure to bring $10 for a key deposit!

The Hilo Bay Hostel is a GREAT place to stay. It is well run, has excellent beds, is in historic downtown Hilo in an historic hotel which has been upgraded just enough to make a comfortable hostel. Everyone was friendly and I got lots of good information on the island; lots of friendly food sharing,.walk to the farmers' market and many coffee houses, restaurants of all kinds and 2grocery stores. I will come back any time I go to the Big Island

• 14th May 2014

People who stayed there were a little bit strange, really old, and we saw a rat. Inspite of that the hostel is cute and the location is excellent.

If I or my friends gonna to visit Hilo, I absolutely would recommend the Hilo Bay Hostel!

• 21st Mar 2014
  • South Korea

Loved this place. Big, airy building, cool atmosphere. Awesome kitchen and facilities. Beds were fantastic. Everybody had their own double bed which makes a world of difference. A really nice place to spend time. Wish I could have stayed longer.