Hilo Bay Hostel Reviews

101 Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo Hawaii, Hilo, USA

It's one if the most cleanest hostels I've ever been to! Not really a party hostel (cause there are many older people), but really nice.

take your self back in time to the large one bldg open unit, shared kit i like the showers and bath area clean,more air movement would be good in afternoon to keep from to warm..nice people to me .lots of visitors from around the globe.internet is good.theres antiques,with the old world feel.down town is out side and all needs are close by.freedom is nice come and go able to lock room and with lockers to lock up computers and valuebles.parking is no problem 4pm to 8am its free on street.

• 21st Aug 2014

Never went, we had a hurricane for the dates I was to be in Hilo.

• 8th Aug 2014

The hostel was good in a nice location, however Larry one of staff was. So rude to myself and other guest that would not recommend anyone staying there.

• 19th Jul 2014
  • Scotland

This individual and others in their party were being loud during quiet hours and had to be reminded of this several times. They had no respect for other guests staying in the hostel and where smart mouthed in response when reminded of the rules of the hostel that they were informed of upon their arrival but quickly forgot. I myself being the night security and the staff hard to make all our guest's stay here at Hilo Bay Hostel an enjoyable experience. Our reviews clearly show our dedication. ;-)

The staff was extremely friendly. The hostel has a mellow and cool vibe to it. The kitchen and other facilities are well maintained. Overall a pleasant experience. Make sure to bring $10 for a key deposit!

The Hilo Bay Hostel is a GREAT place to stay. It is well run, has excellent beds, is in historic downtown Hilo in an historic hotel which has been upgraded just enough to make a comfortable hostel. Everyone was friendly and I got lots of good information on the island; lots of friendly food sharing,.walk to the farmers' market and many coffee houses, restaurants of all kinds and 2grocery stores. I will come back any time I go to the Big Island

• 14th May 2014

People who stayed there were a little bit strange, really old, and we saw a rat. Inspite of that the hostel is cute and the location is excellent.