Hip Karma Hostel Reviews

Ronda Sant Pere 39, Barcelona, Spain

Please read all of this!! : This place had bed bugs!! I was only there for 2 nights

One of the nicest hostels I've stayed at! Loved the curtains on each bed that provided privacy, quiet, respectful, plenty of amentities and the staff was nice enough to lock up our bags after we checked out, while we walked around waiting for our flight. I would definitely stay there again, was able to walk pretty much everywhere.

• 9th Oct 2014

we really loved our stay at the Hip Karma hostel. The rooms are great - we espacially liked the privacy curtains! everything clean and nice. plus the staff is great, very friendly and very helpful! ! ! we will definitely return !

• 2nd Oct 2014
  • Austria

It was the worst hostel that I even been. I dont recomend to anyone.

Very nice and clean. Not far from arc de triomph and the beach is also not that dar. Really nice people there.

This place was a great hostel! There were curtains on the bed, which I loved. Bathroom and kitchen was nice. However, wifi wasn't really great. It was often too slow to do much. There was also one staff member that came across a little rude sometimes.

I hate it. Staff is not kind and friendly.And these seculity is sooo BAD. Although i have put my key,stolen my computer.

• 27th Aug 2014
  • Japan

We had a very good overall experience at the hip karma hostel!  The staff is great! Very friendly, always at disposal 24/7 and they speak good English (which is absolutely a major fact for being in Barcelona ;)There is a lively, young atmosphere and it is very easy to socialize and make friends.  We met people from all over the world in three days, and we witnessed the weirdest cooking skills in the well accessorized kitchen.

Great hostel, only issue is maybe finding it as the sign on the outside of the building isn't very big

The oh thing this hostel is missing is a common room to meet fellow guests. And it is located on the second story so we found it difficult to find because the hostel sign is quite small. Guests and staff very welcoming and friendly atmosphere. Very clean and loved the curtains for privacy. Would recommend.

Great spot! Was backpacking with a buddy and met some great folks, good location (walking distance to beach, museums and La Rambla) and WiFi was decent. The only trouble we had was finding the place but we got there pretty late at night and the rooms get pretty humid at night which made sleep kinda hard. Other than that would recommend this spot to future guests.

Some staff not properly trained for their position. Girl checking us in had difficulties in doing so. Also they were not very informative and weren't sure how their services such as the airport shuttle worked. Although it is cheap linen is extra... If your looking for a good quality hostel do not come here.

• 2nd Jul 2014

Had a good time there. Met two very nice people staying at the hotel, and got amazed by how tupida Spanish people can be to not mingle at these sort of places where they could eventually learn English for free and well...!

This is a excellent hostel and good location in Barcelona ! I loved stay there !

• 23rd Jun 2014

Of the hostels I have stayed this hostel certainly raised my standards. It was a great location next to metro station and the airport shuttle drop-off/ pick up. No keys as there is a 24 hour reception that will buzz you in. Extremely clean facility, especially the restrooms! It was nice having privacy curtains on the beds and there is also a power cord and locker for each bed. Each room has a balcony too. The only downside was that there isn't a great common room to get to know others.

• 22nd Jun 2014