Hipster Hostel Reviews

Baross Utca 3., Budapest, Hungary

We stayed in the loft and it was incredibly hot - the choice was simply between sleeping naked in a dorm room or die! Besides this a great hostel - small, nicely furnished and great staff who works too many hours though. Made our stay really nice (besides the heat, air condition // a fan in the loft would make a huge difference!!)

Simply Epic and Awesome Place to Live At!

• 18th Jul 2015
  • Singapore

Wow! I moved to this hostel after a terrible experience at another one in Budapest. Norbert and Luca (Lutia) are very helpful, friendly, and nice. The atmosphere is much more relaxed than other hostels, and it has good interior decorating and more of a home feel than other impersonal hostels. Staying at the 10 bed-dorm was actually not that bad of an experience - save for a group of annoying recent Spanish high school graduates. I can say no bad things except that I wish there were more br's.

Fantastic clean and friendly hostel! I left my wallet and keys here in my locker and Norbi and his boss ensured their safe return to me all the way home to the UK. I could not have asked for a better service than what these guys provided. Faith in humanity restored!

• 13th Jul 2015
  • All Male Group, 18-24

I had a fantastic time here. Great staff, good location, although it's a bit hard to find. There's no big sign marking it, just a small sign on the door buzzer, so pay close attention to the address. It's a bit of a walk from some of the main sites of the city, but it's close to lots of restaurants and the big indoor market. The staff had some good advice and recommendations for things to do and places to eat, and they were all wonderfully friendly. Would definitely stay here again.

Very nice staff and facilities. They really made us feel like home.the only complaint would be only one proper shower, everything was perfect other than that

The only thing I didn't enjoy was the motion sensor lights in the stairwell. I got buzzed into the building and the interior courtyard was pitch black until you started walking and then motion sensor lights would turn on. That was really creepy and uncomfortable the first time I walked in at night, but other than that I loved it.

• 12th Jun 2015

The hostel was definitely more than I was expecting for the price we paid. My friend and I arrived about an hour later than we expected due to bus issues but the girl who checked us in was concerned for us and stayed until we arrived safely. The facilities were extremely clean and the staff were helpful and friendly. We were given many maps and brochures for activities around Budapest and the staff and other guests gave us many suggestions for food and drinks. Overall 10/10 would return.

• 12th Jun 2015

The staff is very friendly and the place is very nice. The instructions on how to get there are perfect, but the only thing is that the Hostel sign outside the building is pretty small and is hard to see/find. Probably if you mention that the entrance is almost in front of an ice-cream place or next to a Chinese restaurant, something like that, would be easier for guest to find.

Nice service.only hostel staff to be keep big board of naming hostel for identify the hostel easily.

Everything was perfect ! The hostel is very well located , right in the city center and right next to the metro. The room was very clean and the staff always available to answer our questions. I highly recommend this establishment.

• 5th May 2015

Nice clean hostel and helpful staff just be aware internet doesn't work in the kitchen and the 4 dorm room also the 4 dorm room is more of 2 Beds with a mezzanine . Guy that works there also sleeps amongst the guests in the rooms.. Ok location if your happy to walk to places or you could take the metro not right in town

This hostel was one of my favourite hostel experience in Europe. Easy going staff, nice decoration. Thanks for the nice time guys!

• 23rd Apr 2015
  • Hungary

It was an amazing stay in this hostel. Friendly environment, nice staff, very helpful also. I can only recommend this hostel! It was a real pleasure.

The location is fantastic: in the heart of the city, but reasonablereasonably far away from the clubs so you can hang out anywhere in the city without being disturbed during the night. The staff is super cool: they are really helpful and flexible with everything! The hostel itself has this nicely "eclectic" atmosphere with its hipstery design.

• Hungary

My stay in Hipster Hostel was really good, I didn't expect to turn out this good! The staff was helping me to find also unknown places. I have made friends there. The hostel itself is in a very good location, I recommend you to stay in that hostel while you are visiting Budapest.

• Croatia

Everything was perfect, the hostel is located in the best part of Budapest, in the center. Every major spots are within walking distance, it is also a safe area. The hostel itself is very fancy which was important for me. The staff is super, I can recommend this place for all backpackers, I was perfectly satisfied!

Good location (the hostel is next to a public transport junction in Budapest), very nice staff, clean rooms. It is definitely worth the price. Keep up the good work, lads! :)