Historical Ryokan Hostel K's House Ito Onsen Reviews

12-13 Higashi Matsubara-cho, Ito, Shizuoka, Izu Peninsula, Japan

The onsen in the hostel is wonderful, great way to relax after a day of exploring!

Second visit. Nothing but high marks for this place. Great, easy going place to visit. Would recommend.

Amazing place to stay to experience some tradition. good beds, good facilities. excellent staff. would recommend.

This is one of those places that are so beautiful you'd rather not tell anyone about it!?

K's House Chain is the best and K's House is probably the best of all. Why? Because the atmosphere and the feel of Japanese Ryokan is very strong in this hostel, first you stayed in Old-wooden inn, second the aroma and sound of the wood are so enchanting, third, it has nice river view (The Matsukawa Trail), also offers Hot Spring Bath, you should go public bath (instead of private) as you will encounter Japanese people/other visitor and probably make a new friends. The Tokaikan is just beside it

In Japan it is usually impossible to stay at a high class place like this in such a good location for that little money! I'm definitely staying there again!

• 26th Jan 2014

I've been to... probably around 20 hostels in my life all around the world and this one beats every other ones I've been to with its character. It's so beautiful outside and inside of the Ryokan. A small hot spring in the basement. They have private bath too. Ito is such a small town that there isn't much to do, really.. But if you want to breath fresh air and be interactive with country side people instead of being cramped with thousands of other tourists in city areas, go for this place.

One of the best Hostels I have ever been to! Incredible that one can get such a great value for such a price! If you have the chance to stay there, do it! We never wanted to leave...but unfortunately had to.

Awesome! One of the best hostels I have ever been to. The onsen hotbath is amazing and the whole bldg itself is gorgeous. One little drawback is the noise from window. It was really windy the whole night and the wind kept knocking the windows all night long. If you're a light sleeper, earplug is my advice. Anyway, LOVE this hostel and recommend you to arrive at ard noon. Drop your bags and rent a bike to explore the town, follow by hotspring and dinner. This is how i spent my NYE there. Enjoy!

Thank you to all the staff who were extremely helpful in providing information about the local area and also helping us plan our next stop in Japan. We would love to come back to Ito and will definitely recommend your hostel to other travelers we meet.

Very authentic, comfortable, and serene. Possibly the best hostel accomodation your going to find in Japan.

Absolutely fantastic. They did a great job at renovating this historical building, which hosts a larger onsen, as well as small private onsen. The staff is friendly and helpful. I'd say it's worth going to Ito just for this ryokan.

View all Izu Peninsula Hostels