Historical Ryokan Hostel K's House Ito Onsen Reviews

12-13 Higashi Matsubara-cho, Ito, Shizuoka, Izu Peninsula, Japan

The buildings interior is beautiful but the exterior is a little dirty looking. The kitchen has the basics, oil, sugar and salt as well as coffee and tea necessities. However they did not provide shoyu like at the Kyoto K's house which as bit surprising. The rooms were lovely and I thought it great the room had a fridge and a little sink with mirror. We had a great stay and the onsen was greatly enjoyed.

Amazing onsen hostel for a great deal! I love the traditional minimalist Japanese vibe here. Staff is lovely and speak English. Rooms are very comfortable and common space is wonderful. The onsen is of course the highlight. Very relaxing!

We had a lovely stay here in Ito. The accommodation was more like a luxurious spa retreat than a hostel! The tatami mats and accompanying sheets were both clean and comfy. The natural onsen were incredibly relaxing and we felt truly stress-free by time check-out arrived!

I loved this hostel from the second I saw it, and inside it is even better. Great staff, great house and facilities. Everybody is very relaxed and friendly.

Best hostel I've ever stayed at! Good onsen, friendly staff and quality rooms. The map on the actual hostel website makes the short walk from the train station simple too.

Wicked spot. Authentic Japanese place. Real gem off the beaten tourist track.

A truly outstanding hostel! K's House Ito offers a hostel with all the facitlities a traveller or holiday maker can wish for including great kitchen and lounge areas. A good mix of western comfort and Japanese tradition creates elements that make anyone feel at home. But, what makes this hostel outstanding, and personally my favourite, is a special something of historic atmosphere, trendy vibe and a hot spring bath to die for! A wish I could have stayed longer and highly recommend it.

Really good place to stay. Classic Japanese style room and wonderful view of the river. Like the kitchen and open lounge a lot. Good onsen, though this season is a little bit hot for hot spring.

I've stayed here twice and I really love it. The atmosphere is good and peaceful; the staff is also very kind and informative. The location is very close to the beach and the main shopping street and it's a great experience to stay in the old Japanese style inn, when you can't afford a fully functioning one. ;-) The only thing I could suggest is that they get some screens in all the windows; you shouldn't have to choose between melting in your sleep and bug bites unless you're in the tropics.

• 3rd May 2015
  • harrisem8565

Best hostel i've ever stayed in. Even better than a lot of hotels (which were way more expensive). The building is an awesome, traditional, 150 year old house at the riverside. There is a wonderful veranda and there are five lounge area's. Next to that a good kitchen en there own really pretty onsen. Everything was super clean. And the best thing: the staff! So kind and helpfull. Location is perfect, 3 min walk to the beach and 7 min to the trainstation.

For our trip to izu peninsula, I booked this hostel as it was the only availble on our travel dates. I thought lets just book it, but....but.....but....This one introduced me to a new world of backpackers Hostel. Amazing Hostel I must stay. Security, cleanliness, facilities all are at there best. Staff is very good and helping. You know....They speak English too....!!! And last but not the least.....Onsen.....Amazing one. If you are planning a trip to Ito....you must stay here.

Loved the hostel. Marvelous combination of old style ryokan with a ,odeon hostel. Beautiful interior design and luxurious Olsen. Quite the best place I stayed whilst I was I was in Japan. We'll run by friendly staff.

I have backpacked all over the eorld, and this has been MY FAVORITE HOSTEL EVER! The atmosphere, the onsen... everything top notch!

Great ryokan in Ito! We loved our room, the balcony looking out over the river was stunning. So peaceful and relaxing even if the weather was pretty awful our entire stay. We loved the free okinomiyaki (Japanese pancake) night and having a private onsen available was a real treat as a couple.

Amazing place to relax from the city crowds... Beautiful building on the riverside, it´s lovely to hear the water running when going to sleep! Would definitely go back!

I came back to this hostel because I love the scene Ito. This hostel is a super affordable ryokan-style with onsen. And when spring comes you can see a row of sakura trees nearby, and those delicious oranges from the shopping district. I'm definitely will come back, dip myself into their onsen and come out fresh by drinking their Plum Wine, just ask the staff, and they will happily assist you. Must Come!

Best hostel I ever stayed. not really a hostel actually, but if you call it hostel then it 's a very chique one :-). the private room where we stayed was a fantastic Japanese style room. the onsen is great and the staff can't be better. also the common room is very cosy and you get a discount card for other onsen which we liked a lot!

View all Izu Peninsula Hostels