Hitchhikers Cusco Hostel

Fabulous 388 Total Reviews

• Argentina, All Female Group, 18-24
1st Aug 2017
7.7

Not a party hostel. Breakfast is too late when excursions begin early. Beds are comfy and shower is a bit cold.

• England, All Female Group, 18-24
18th Jul 2017
6.0

Dirty and cold would go again

• Spain, Female, 25-30
16th Jul 2017
8.0

Perfect location, just a 4 min walk to Plaza de Armas!. Nice a helpful staff. Delicious and complete breakfast included, and you can also order extra things! The but would be that there`s no heating, and Cusco can be a very cold city, I had to sleep with my coat on! To make it worse, the windows didn't close properly! I also found trouble with the shower, it was a little hard to get warm water...! I wouldn't stay again if I go back! Even though...its cheap after all!

• England, Couple, 25-30
7th Jul 2017
6.3

Located in an excellent part of Cusco, Hitchhikers Hostal offers a terrible customer service. There you'll find staff that don't really listen to you, that are not cooperative and most important, that are slightly incompetent. It seems they don't like working there (?) The wifi was also very intermittent. On the upside the shower was hot and the room was clean and surprisingly warm considering how cold Cusco gets at night.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
4th Jul 2017
7.7

Nice hostel for what you pay for! The staff are all nice and speak some English. My flight came in at 5am and they organized a pickup to the hostel and let me check in early which was awesome (I was quite happy to be able to nap a bit before going to explore). No heating though and the showers are usually cold as well. Cusco goes down to 4 or so degrees Celsius at night (at least in July) so prepared to sleep in all your layers! Also they didn't provide hand towels or soap (I didn't ask though).

• Ireland, Mixed Group, 25-30
2nd Jul 2017
6.9

Don't get me wrong this is a good hostel. Everything was going good until my friends and I returned for another night after hiking the Salkantay trail. We arrived at 10:30pm (having booked a single room 5 days previously) only to discover the booking no longer existed! I suspect our room was given to someone else. We had to book a new hostel then and there..... The whole situation was made worse by the staff on duty making excuses....

29th Jun 2017

Nice quiet hostel located close to the plaza. Clean bathrooms, and comfy beds. Staff are helpful with booking day trips and giving you tips around the city. Good breakfast. If you're traveling alone this is a difficult place to meet people, but a good place for a quiet nights rest. I would stay again.

29th Jun 2017

This place was perfect for our one night stay in Cusco. The water was hot and the beds were cozy.

• USA, Female, 41+
21st Jun 2017

Great stay, friendly/helpful staff, excellent breakfast/tea, stored our luggage while we hiked. Would definitely come back!

21st Jun 2017

Close to the town square where all the action is but was not noisy. Met some great girls here and the staff was nice. You can also store your bags here. I did not like how freezing this place was or that they made us pay for a heater at night--this was not an issue at the other hostel I stayed at.