Hitchhikers Cusco Hostel

Fabulous 314 Total Reviews
8.8
Fabulous 314 Total Reviews

31st Jan 2017

Really an awesome hostel to stay in near Cuzco. The hostel is very centrally located, only a few blocks from the central square, and is in a very safe part of the city. Veronika, the woman who organizes tours, is the BEST. I almost missed my trip to Machu Picchu because of strikes in the city, but Veronika helped me rearrange transport and find a place to stay near the train station to avoid the strikes. All of the other tours she organized were incredible and so easy!

24th Dec 2016

Staff hosted a Christmas party which was really sweet. However, they don't really speak English so it is sometimes difficult to communicate, but they want to help - just keep trying! I came back to this hostel after my trek and something happened where I had a reservation, but didn't have a bed. They were able to figure it out and everything was great the second time too.

22nd Dec 2016

The staff was very friendly and we left before breakfast started but they still made us food. They gave us thick blankets to stay warm because it gets a little chilly at night in the room. The shower had hot water but hardly any water pressure so it was a bit chilly. Overall a great place to stay and it is only a block away from Plaza Mayor del Cusco!

• England, Couple, 25-30
11th Dec 2016
7.7

Great location just off the main square. Room was clean. However the room was freezing! Our window didn't close properly and it was directly out onto the open courtyard which made it very cold at night - could be greatly improved by providing a heater!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
6th Dec 2016
6.3

Sadly a little disappointed in the hostel. Booked a private room which was quite musty and the carpets felt wet. Bathroom was clean and shower was amazingly hot. "Continental breakfast" was literally one dry roll with butter and jam. Location was pretty good. No social vibe at all. Lady booking tours was very helpful, first reception lady was pretty abrupt and not welcoming at all. (The other reception staff were quite nice). Overall wasn't great, but did the job for two nights.

5th Dec 2016

I like the place. I got the same room in 2013 and 2016, with a cool stone arch dividing the bed from the table and bathroom. All three desk clerks were open hearted and warm. Just my kind of comfy cave, a couple blocks from the principal plaza. Some of the backpackers were loud, but then that's how they are.

• shankaranupama3771
  • India, Female, 25-30
20th Nov 2016

Highly recommend Hitchhikers! Very accommodating and helpful staff. They have a travel agent on location - she helped us book bus tickets to Puno and Arequipa. They handled our last minute change requests without issues. We stayed in private room the whole time we were there, it was cozy, clean and very comfortable. Thanks for a great experience!

• Greece, Female, 31-40
12th Nov 2016
6.3

The good news is that the hostel is based in a very central location, steps away from Plaza de Armas. The dorms are in a good condition, even if bathroom would need some maintenance. The negative part of this hostel is the uninterested staff, that does not go beyond the very basic check in / check out tasks. My bed was not ready at the time of the check-in, I was not shown the kitchen or the facilities I could use, the pricing for all services was well above the prices I was given elsewhere.

10th Nov 2016
7.1

The location is great and it is a good deal in Cusco. If you're looking for a decent, basic, cheap place to stay, this is perfect. If you're looking for something more, I would look elsewhere. The front desk staff is hit or miss, I could feel the bed springs through my mattress, we saw a huge rat in the kitchen, and were charged different prices for the same amount of eggs at breakfast.

• annika_joseph1987
  • Germany, Female, 25-30
8th Nov 2016
6.9

The hostel was OK but definitely not one of our favorites. We missed a bit the atmosphere making you feel "at home". The staff at the reception seemed all the time being busy with Facebook / YouTube etc. which gives a weird vibe from our point of view....