Hitchhikers Cusco Hostel Reviews

Calle Saphy 440, Cusco, Peru

Some of the staff aren't very friendly. The wifi is weak too. However the showers are good and the beds warm and comfy. You can smell cigarette smoke all the time and hear everything as it is an old place. Location is fantastic.

It was a nice experience. This hostel has a good, easy atmosphere, helpful staff and an excellent location -- just two blocks away from the main square.

• 19th Jan 2016
  • Argentina

night staff could not speak English.

Great position, clean, helpful staff. It was realy good staying there.

The bed was very comfortable and warm and it was nice to be able to use the kitchen to cook. However, the floor of the dorm room was so old that when anyone walked around the room, my bed shook violently and woke me up. I have not had this experience in any other hostel. Also, the staff was really unfriendly. They seemed annoyed to have to help me and were upset when I canceled the remainder of my stay. Also, when the bathroom ran out of toilet paper, I had to ask as there was never extra.

• 16th Jan 2016

Breakfast mediocre, inconsistent hot water

• 14th Jan 2016

one of the best hostels I've ever stayed at. not a party hostel but a great place to meet people none the less and a good overall atmosphere.

The breakfast room is very small, and we had to eat outside because of departure time, meanwhile other people were staying in line to get a place inside. Staff was nice and did its best.

Great place to stay. My only complaint is that the sound carries VERY well in this place - the music they play in the courtyard, and anybody who talks in a normal voice sounds like it is actually in your room with you.

Quiet hostel, great location. Staff weren't very helpful when we asked to stay longer we were simply told "no" and another couple who asked another staff member later that night were able extend their stay so not sure what happened there. We didn't mind leaving though as there was no atmosphere and the room was very average for the price. Breakfast is just bread unless you pay extra for the eggs which are great. On the upside they have a large kitchen available for use

The building and room were beautiful and clean. some staff were friendlier then others but none of them were mean by any standards.

Great hostel in the centre of Cusco with very friendly staff. I had a private room with a bathroom, the bed was comfy and it was very clean. The staff were very helpful and organised my accomodation in Aguas Calientes for a good price. They even let me store my bags there for free while I went to Machu Pichu and for a few hours when I came back and was waiting for the bus. The only complaint was that the shower was not always hot so if you stay i recommend showering in the early evening.

Great location (check out the restaurant Morena just down the road!) and good value for money. Rooms plain but clean. What we were paying for a dorm room in some places we got a private ensuite here! We had a room on the ground floor off the common area under the stairs, a little noisy and the shower was abysmal (a dribble of warm water at best) so maybe request a different room? Basic breakfast but free, staff friendly, wifi signal good on ground floor. Would definitely recommend.

This is a great hostel. If you are booking another stay with the hostel hold onto you receipt as im sure I paid the full amount and they only had record of me paying the deposit.

Great hostel. Location was great, 24 hour manning of the front door etc. No complaints here.

Staff very friendly, near from downtown, but very simple breakfast. Is necessary pay for juice and eggs if you want. I recommend.

Great hostel in a great location. Remember to bring your own lock for the day lockers. Despite nearly always having hot water, you still need to pick your times for showers. I had a cold shower twice!

Very good hostel, clean, hot water, free wifi, friendly staff, confortable bedroons and good location!!!

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Peru

Good hostel, excellent location and service, they offer personal lockers, luggage store for free and you can use it while you have a trip, wifi all around hostel, always clean and offers tours to Machu Picchu

• 28th Sep 2015
  • Peru

Nice, quiet hostel. Not the choice if you're looking for a party, but if you want a good night's sleep, this is the place! Staff was very organized and friendly. My room was cozy with a comfy bed and plenty of blankets. Wonderful warm shower! Breakfast was delicious. Really close to the Plaza and surrounded by great restaurants. Will definitely stay again.