Hitchhikers Cusco Hostel Reviews

Calle Saphy 440, Cusco, Peru

The Hitchhikers Cusco hostel is definitely a favorite and if I ever go back to Cusco, I will most definitely stay here again. the staff were all wonderful and made us feel at home. Vanessa helped set our tour up and arrange transportation to and from the train station in Ollantaytambo. We enjoyed our stay here and are looking forward to our next visit. thanks for having us and for the wonderful hospitality :) till next time! -Mystica T. (Yap, FSM)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Micronesia

Great hostel. Perfect if you go for Trips and need good sleep. Its quiet at Night and really confi and warm beds. Hot showers. Great Location, just few minutes to everything. Good wifi connection and the Staff always here to help you. Definitely recommend it if you looking for a quiet hostel, near to the main plaza.

This was a great place to stay. Close to the center of town. The only negative is was that the rooms were cold but there were plenty of blankets on the bed and the shower was hot! Excellent security.

I would absolutely not stay at this hostel again. First, they placed me in a room without any heat on a night when Cusco temperatures would dip down to 37 degrees Fahrenheit. When I asked about a space heater, I was informed this would cost an additional 15 Soles. I agreed to pay this amount, and they put a space heater in my room that did not work. I brought this to the attention of the person at the front desk, who checked and agreed that it did not work. I was told I could get blankets.

Really nice place! They have a staff ready to help you in any problem you need, specially about the tours to Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. The breakfast is simple but really good. The bread was specially great. I would definetely recommend it.

The hostel is really good comparing with the price

• 19th Jun 2014
  • Chile

We will return for sure the next year, had a great time with friends at this hostel. The staff helped us a lot to get some awesome and secure tours around the city. They are very careful with security, that is a good thing. Another good thing was that they have a storage room, they kept our luggage for free while we were on a trek.

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Austria

Thanks Hitchhikers! Staying with you was a wonderful experience, for years i was dreaming on traveling to Cuzco, and just returned safe and with a lot of histories be to told. You guys made my experience unforgettable, never have been in a hostel with a so friendly staff. Thank you for all!

• 10th Jun 2014
  • Peru

Great location and Staff.

I was expecting much more. They put us in a room whose door gives to the common area and keeps playing very loud music all day long. We needed to rest during the day due to altitude sickness, but were effectively not able to do it. From the room one could hear everything outside. Breakfast is very modest. But staff is friendly, an if you stay in a room upstairs, I bet the experience would be much better.

NO LOCKERS: they say there are lockers but they are large group lockers that only staff have the key for. Our dorm room did not lock, so we changed hostel because we did not feel our stuff was safe. Apart from that the hostel was great and staff were really friendly and helpful. Our bus arrived in very early and they let us check in early. WiFi great, showers hot, breakfast basic but nice and extras super cheap (1sole for a fried egg). Only other slight gripes is that the floorboards in our dorm were

I strongly recommend NOT booking this hostel through HostelWorld, as the staff don't appear to understand the concept of a deposit. We were charged the full price of the room, without the 10% deposit we had paid through HostelWorld being deducted from our bill. We paid this full amount as we didn't realise the deposit had not been deducted. When we realised this and tried to get our money back, the staff would not reimburse us. We have therefore paid full price plus a 10% deposit!

Staff were very helpful, ordering taxis, helping us print tickets etc. Even gave us breakfast when we arrived at 7am. Would stay again if in cusco.

• 11th May 2014
  • All Male Group, 31-40

To the staff - Un placer conocerlos y muy amable. Gracias por todo.

• 7th May 2014

Takes a while for the shower to get warm, always an issue in the cusco cold! Otherwise great hostel.

• 25th Apr 2014

Great place

No lockers in room, and a bit on the quiet side, but otherwise I had a great stay!

Great place in downtown Cuzco, three blocks from the main square. Hot showers, excellet staff, decent breakfast. I have absolutly no complaints about this hostel.