8.4
Fabulous 165 Total Reviews
8.4
Fabulous 165 Total Reviews
Hitchhikers Cusco Hostel Located at Calle Saphy 440, , Cusco.
Peru
Cusco Cusco CUSC01 Calle Saphy 440
84% 165
-13.5149115 -71.9809949
    Rooms available

15th May 2016
5.1

THIS IS AN AWFUL HOSTEL! The staff are rude, unfriendly and barely speak English. The atmosphere is awful, no place to hang out except on plastic chairs outside. The beds are fine but the shower smelt awfully like me and trash. The only redeeming quality about this hostel is that is was only a few block away from the Plaza del Armas. However, I'm sure other hostels are also close to Plaza and you should do yourself a favour and book with them and NOT this one.

13th May 2016
6.3

Cold, no fridge nor proper kitchen.

• Canada, Couple, 18-24
10th May 2016

Pros: staff were amazing! My boyfriend was very sick, and they were very concerned, offering teas and even calling a doctor for us to make a in-room visit. Also, great location! Cons: loud creaky floors and thin doors mean that you're woken up by people leaving early in the morning for theie treks. Also, smoking is allowed in the courtyards, and we found the smokw drifted into our room and made all of our things smell. Overall, we had a fairly good stay!

• US Virgin Islands, Couple, 25-30
5th May 2016

My room was big and spacious. Loved the location.

• England, Female, 31-40
2nd May 2016

I stayed here a couple of nights with my enormous MTB bag (travelling solo), which the staff kindly helped lug up stairs to my room. I booked a private room with its own bathroom & was more than pleased with the triple room that I ended up getting. The location is brilliant, just a short walk downhill and you're in the main square. The WiFi was great, the breakfast quite small but ample for my needs. I'd definitely recommend it. Security & storage is great too.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
28th Apr 2016

Would recommend this hostel to anyone looking for a nice quiet place to stay! The staff were amazing, so nice and very accommodating to anything you need. My flight got in at 5 am and they had a bed ready for me even that morning evening though I was checking in for that night. They'll keep your bag locked up while you on your trek, the breakfast was lovely. It was so quiet! Just what I wanted after an exhausting 5 day trek. Everyone I met staying there was super cool too.

• New Zealand, Couple, 25-30
27th Apr 2016

Nice big room with private bathroom. Very clean and very good for the price. Amazing location - very close to the main square. Included breakfast included toast with jam and a hot drink. Would happily stay again.

• England, Female, 31-40
23rd Apr 2016
8.0

I stayed here on my first night in Cusco, staff's English wasn't great. I asked the boy at reception for a taxi to another local hostel where my tour for Machu Picchu was starting and he scammed me the price of an airport transfer, even after I questioned him about it and showed him a map of where I was going - 5mins up the road (my bags were heavy!) So watch out for that.

• shallinc2435
  • Canada, Female, 41+
23rd Apr 2016

Stayed in a private room for three nights total. Great location, easy walk from the main square, plaza de armas. Nice staff, clean place, comfortable rooms, good hot water. Bread, butter and jam breakfast included; tea always available. Lockers and storage available.

• New Zealand, All Female Group, 41+
17th Apr 2016
7.7

Hitchhikers is in a great location in a beautiful building. The staff were friendly and helpful although 'lost' our booking for the night we returned from the Inca Trail which made things quite difficult. Breakfast is only bread and tea/coffee but you can buy eggs. The bed was the worst I have seen in South America and that's saying something.