Hitchhikers Cusco Hostel Reviews

Calle Saphy 440, Cusco, Peru

Definitely more of a hotel than a hostel, there are no relaxed communal areas, only a couple of courtyards with standard outdoor furniture. Wifi is only available in rooms near reception (5 or 6), or in the outdoor areas. Breakfast was fairly disappointing (bread, jam, tea or coffee). Staff are really nice though and the rooms were cozy.

The Hitchhikers Cusco hostel is definitely a favorite and if I ever go back to Cusco, I will most definitely stay here again. the staff were all wonderful and made us feel at home. Vanessa helped set our tour up and arrange transportation to and from the train station in Ollantaytambo. We enjoyed our stay here and are looking forward to our next visit. thanks for having us and for the wonderful hospitality :) till next time! -Mystica T. (Yap, FSM)

• 13th Aug 2014
  • Micronesia

Great hostel. Perfect if you go for Trips and need good sleep. Its quiet at Night and really confi and warm beds. Hot showers. Great Location, just few minutes to everything. Good wifi connection and the Staff always here to help you. Definitely recommend it if you looking for a quiet hostel, near to the main plaza.

This was a great place to stay. Close to the center of town. The only negative is was that the rooms were cold but there were plenty of blankets on the bed and the shower was hot! Excellent security.

I would absolutely not stay at this hostel again. First, they placed me in a room without any heat on a night when Cusco temperatures would dip down to 37 degrees Fahrenheit. When I asked about a space heater, I was informed this would cost an additional 15 Soles. I agreed to pay this amount, and they put a space heater in my room that did not work. I brought this to the attention of the person at the front desk, who checked and agreed that it did not work. I was told I could get blankets.

Really nice place! They have a staff ready to help you in any problem you need, specially about the tours to Machu Picchu and the Sacred Valley. The breakfast is simple but really good. The bread was specially great. I would definetely recommend it.