Hlemmur Square Reviews

Laugavegur 105, Reykjavik, Iceland

Nearby the city centre. Staffs were very nice and helpful. a lot of tours advise were given. Dorm was large and comfy.

• 20th Feb 2015
  • Hong Kong

This was one of the best hostels that I've stayed at. Great location as all the tour companies come right to the front door, and I had a great view of the coast from my room. Staff was really friendly and helpful and everyone else at the hostel was cool too.

The staff is RIDICULOUSLY HELPFUL. The most helpful staff of any hostel I have ever visited ever. Thank you all so much. The location is perfect, super accessible (at the hlemmur bus station where every bus goes too) and it' s nice it's not right at the city center where food and everything is a lot more expensive. But it's only a 20 minute walk to the center. Beds and rooms are cozy. Kitchen was clean and open at all hours. I enjoyed my time a lot. Thank you.

Located just outside the city centre makes it a perfect spot that isn't too crazily expensive. Very helpful staff and lovely bar to meet new people. Beds are awesome! Clean kitchen and showers.

The place is awesome, loved it. Alice, night shift is the most kind and helpful receptionist that I met before. Unfortunately there was no oven in the facilities.

The staff at Hlemmur are wonderful. When we had questions about our tour or about the city, they were happy to help. The kitchen was a bit dirty, but great to have to save some money on food. Everything was great and the bar on the ground floor has a great happy hour. The only issues we had was 2 guys who were loud snorers lol

• 31st Jan 2015

Great place and staff!!

• 29th Jan 2015
  • Mexico

Staff were very helpful and friendly. Very good facilities available and clean. A good price considering how expensive Iceland is. I would recommend Hlemmur Square :)

• 28th Jan 2015

One of the best hostel I've stayed. There's everything you need there.

Extremely helpful staff at this hostel with good knowledge of Reykjavik and Iceland in general.

A great hostel to stay in. The staff were really fiendly and helpful. It is in a central location with the bus station directly opposite and with good links to the whole of Reykjavik. Will definately go back again.

Second time that I stayed here, the hostel was great except my locker was broken and the kitchen was filthy again. Other than that, great wifi, great staff and awesome common area! One morning, at 2.30am, I was jetlaggaed and could not sleep so the guy at reception made me a coffee and gave me a chocolate with it, great staff :) Somebody stole my special blanket from my bed, but that is not a reflection on the hostel, just the people that stay there, I was very upset.

wish there had been lockers, really comfy beds and spacious made the trip very enjoyable

Had an excellent stay here, staff are very friendly and helpful, 24hr reception was a life saver, very clean beds, kitchen and bathrooms. Overall couldn't have had a more pleasant stay, wish it was longer!!

Great place, lovely people, staff couldn't have been more helpful. Will highly recommend.

• 20th Jan 2015
  • All Male Group, 25-30

Great hostel for our stay in Reykjavik! Would definitely recommend

• 19th Jan 2015

I was only here for one night and really jetlagged so I can't really comment on the atmosphere but the rest of the hostel was great! The staff were so kind and friendly, the rooms are so clean and your bed is made (with sheets on), there are large lockers, personal lights on beds, great common area, perfect location close to everything and the wifi works everywhere! Only downside is that no one really washes the dishes or puts them away in the kitchen. Other than that, great hostel!

Hlemmur is located at the end of the main street running through downtown Reykjavik. It is within easy walking distance (10-15 minutes most) of most every thing you will want to visit, and the staff could not be more helpful. They provided me with great food recommendations, and the front desk attendant even poured me a beer after the bar had technically closed. It was great value for the money, and the facilities were clean enough. Bed was very comfortable.

• 17th Jan 2015

Nice place to stay in Reykjavik, The room was nice with a sofa and table in, the bed was comfy and a free blanket quit enjoyable. the staff were really nice and helpfull. living room well managed and close to the bar were you can enjoy local beer and meet some friends.

4nights stay, mixed 14 bedded dorm. . . met some lovely people from all over the world, staff very helpful, rooms ok, facilities ok,showers good, location great! id recommend staying here for sure :)

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7