Hlemmur Square Reviews

Laugavegur 105, Reykjavik, Iceland

The most beautiful hostel I've ever been to. Not a big common area outside of the lobby to get drunk and get to know each other, but nice either way.

Good location with an easy walk to the center. The kitchen was stocked with a few essentials, so you didn't have to buy too many groceries if you wanted to cook. The staff was very friendly, and any messes were thoroughly cleaned during their cleaning time. It was sometimes possible to get access to the floor or room without a key, because the doors didn't automatically close all the way. The lockers are also just drawers under the beds, and mine wouldn't close all the way, so I couldn't lock it

The rooms were fantastic with a bed light and charger for each bed. It was always really cozy and clean. The staff were also very helpful during my 3 day stay with calls to make or change bookings for my bus or tour. It was also right across a supermarket. The only thing I didn't like were the showers and kitchen. They were heavily lacking. There was no lights in one of the shower rooms or shower head holder. The kitchen also had no oven.

• 9th Apr 2015
  • Brunei

Staff and facilities at Hlemmur Square couldn't have been better. Would definitely recommend it!

• 9th Apr 2015

This place was awesome! It had everything you need and really helpful staff!

This is one of the cleanest hostel I have ever stayed. The staff were incredibly friendly and they would not hesitate to help you out with booking tours or with your general questions.

Hlemmur Square is a great place to stay. The 2 things that stuck out the most were the awesome staff and the location. The dorms were clean with nice beds and the bar was very good too. If I'm being uber critical I wished the atmosphere was a tad better, it has all the ingredients to have this! Perhaps the hostel should organise a happy hour bar crawl!! ;)

• 2nd Apr 2015

The hostel is in a good location and it definitely has the 'WOW' factor entering. You wouldn't think it was a hostel at all but a hotel. Unfortunately, that wow factor stopped as after checking in and saw that the reception area and bar is where the money has been spent. The hostel dorm was spacious but the communal areas ie. toilets, showers and kitchen were awful. There was a persistent stink in the toilets and the kitchen had no windows. However, it is good value for money.

Great hostel. Walking distance to all that is important. Good facilities. Nice big rooms. There was a really loud snorer in my room and staff were happy to move me to another room. Only down side is breakfast isn't included and its quite expensive to pay for theirs.

In comparison with few other European hostels I had visited before, this one was much more comfortable because there were electricity plugs and lamps upon each bed. Two tables, small sofa, arm-chairs and simple chairs in the room, kitcen, big shower and wc (those might be cleaner though). Also there were big boxes under beds for every person to keep personal belongings. I also liked that, since the hostel was not very crouded during my stay, men and women were settled in separate rooms.

Very Clean environment, couldnt fault it, one of the best I've seen, really helpful staff, nothing was to much hassle for them to book or help me with.

• 29th Mar 2015
  • New Zealand

The atmosphere, staff and location are great... BUT the bed linens did not seem to be cleaned every day and I slept on top of the duvet and used my coat for a blanket. The toilets were often out of toilet paper and soap or were just generally messy. My biggest COMPLAINT is the WOMEN'S BATHROOM. There are NO CURTAINS! even in one of the toilet stalls. The shower room is visible from the street, too (I checked). I had a good time but I won't stay here again.

This is a great location next to the Hlemmur bus station, because you can get anywhere easily from here. The front desk can arrange guided tours from the major providers if that's your thing. The city center, where prices are of course exorbitant, is easy walking distance. To save some of your money, there is what passes for a supermarket (more like a glorified convenience store) across the street, so you can do you own cooking. Kitchen on the 4th floor was well supplied w/ cookware.

• 28th Mar 2015

Nice newly built hostel with a good location right near the city enter. Clean rooms with good space. Friendly staff who can book anything for you. The kitchen was quiet small but OK. The wifi worked great in common areas.

This hostel was really easy to get to from the airport via bus, and it was easy walking distance down a main road in Reykjavik to the center of town.

Let me start off by saying this is not a bad hostel to stay in. However a few things to note, 1.The entire building is made out of concrete, it looks cool, but none of the doors have dampers, and the doors are fairly heavy so every time someone leaves a door sounds like it is being slammed, and people come in and out all the time 2. there are only 4 showers for an entire floor of people and out of the 4 only one shower is still working to pour water from above, the rest have broken hoses

Hlemmur Square has a great convenient location for busses and shops there's a gorgeous view from my room. Kitchen has cookware, fridge, stove, microwave, and dishwasher :)

Fantastic facilities and such a reasonable price! Thanks so much for making our stay so great!

• 17th Mar 2015

The bar I think is the best experience while staying in the hostel ( thanks to the staff) + a lot of privacy while in the shower .But average seems like nobody even bother to clean the room I was in. Sticky tables and filthy rug come with the price . And who the hell make a bed so high that you hit your forehead in the morning because you can't sit properly cause of the ceiling so close to you head. ??? There was a fire alarm on one occasion an I must say my forehead is till in pain .

Very Nice! I am actually going to be staying here more than once while in Iceland everyone is really nice

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7