Hlemmur Square Reviews

Laugavegur 105, Reykjavik, Iceland

Great hostel! Clean rooms, good beds and heaps of charging points, good kitchen, nice common space and great bar (heaps of Icelandic craft beers). Very friendly staff and great location on the edge of the city centre right next to a bus interchange. Hard to fault.

Great location, great atmosphere. Bathrooms were not that clean and the walls are very thin so I hardly got any sleep. Especially because I was in a 16 bed mixed dorm and people where coming in and out all night. Overall a good experience and I would recommend it.

• 28th Jun 2015

This was an average hostel. We felt that the staff was friendly and welcoming & the hostel was in a great location. They don't assign beds which can get confusing. For most of the week we were there it always smelled from the kitchen. It's nice that the black out curtains in the room but it was also really hot at night and smelly.

Hlemmur Square is only a 10 minute walk down the main street to the heart of Downtown Reykjavik! It's easy to get to from the airport and bus station, the staff is extremely friendly, and the all-you-can eat breakfast buffet is the best deal you'll find in Reykjavik (WHAT an expensive city). Overall, spacious bedrooms and clean bathrooms with common spaces that invite socializing make this a great choice for your stay in Iceland! Would definitely stay here again.

Hlemmur is one of the "cheaper" options if you want to stay downtown. Don't get me wrong: It's still expensive considering you stay in dorm room with 9 others. At Hlemmur you get a nice hostel with lots of sweet common areas and plenty of space. The Hostel bar with it's happy hour is also a plus. The staff could be friendlier though and all in all the atmosphere is a bit sterile

Great staff, great location, good beds, good curtains, great vibes

Good stay. Locker was broken upon arrival but they fixed it right away. Clean and nice stay. Quiet atmosphere when I was staying which I enjoyed.

Pretty good location in the centre of Reykjavik. Friendly staff, amazing rooms.

Hlemmur square was a solid average as far as room and facilities go. Everything was fine and moderately clean. We were, however, a little disappointed as we were expecting more from reading previous reviews and looking at the sites pictures. It is important to note that we were in a 12 bed dorm which might explain the moderate cleanliness. The reception was nice and the location was perfect for us.

• 19th Jun 2015

Bed plugs and lights wasn't working. Mattress was awesome! Staff was very helpful and accomodating. Excellent location next to a bus station and a 24/7 minimal.

I stayed in the 10 bedroom dorm as it was the only economic option for a solo traveller. It could have been tidier but I appreciate that the staff don´t really have control of this and it´s down to the attitude and behaviour of the people staying there. However, I did have a confortable night and my fellow guests respected the quite times.

Reception was very nice and helpful The bar in the lobby was also very nice The location was excellent however the kitchen and bathroom could use some work other than that great stay

• 19th Jun 2015

Very clean and nice hostel with everything U need. Staff are friendly and people are nice there. Only drawback is the poor wifi in the room. Nothing else.

• Hong Kong

Great looking hostel and the front staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay here again!

I stayed in a 14 bed dorm for 7 nights and enjoyed my stay here. The curtains for the midnight sun blocked out the daylight entirely so I had no trouble sleeping. The staff was also really nice because they booked all my trips for me when I asked. Each bed has a plug and lamp. The only thing that was lacking was the atmosphere. It was very quiet and there wasn't much socializing. The facilities weren't the cleanest but it was better compared to other hostels. Bed, sheets, and pillows were clean.

Mostly fine but two issues that spoilt it a little. Firstly, it was really grubby, especially the bathrooms. It was the dirtiest hostel I've been to that I've paid more than a fiver for, and was dirtier than most of the cheapest hostels I've ever been to too! Secondly, you have to hope you have a choice of beds when you arrive, in an effort to increase profits some beds have been awkwardly added into the middle of dorms and lack an individual light/plug, which is a pain.

very helpful staff who made it a pleasure to staff here.

• 16th Jun 2015

Iceland is generally expensive, so if you go into it knowing that, this hostel had great value for your money, is in a good location, and has a good atmosphere. Highly recommend this!

• 16th Jun 2015

This place is awesome. It was my first ever hostel experience, and I loved everything about it. Sheets were cleaned daily, bathrooms and rooms were spacious, and the lobby was always hopping with energy. Amazing place - definitely stay here!

• All Male Group, 18-24

It's okay. Some staff seem a little out of their depth & don't seem to know what they're doing, we were checked in wrong & found out after a day out we'd been moved out into a room with no free beds, only to be moved back into the same Room again! Bar is nice though & the one next door is fun too. Probably will stay somewhere else though next time as it had no backpacker vibe at all.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7