Hlemmur Square

8.8
Fabulous 2049 Total Reviews

• USA, Female, 18-24
16th Aug 2017

I had a great stay here. Clean, spacious rooms and comfortable beds.

• USA, Female, 25-30
14th Aug 2017

Great place! I did have a little hiccup where the female dorm was somehow overbooked but then they found a private room for me and my friend. It worked out in the end but was quite stressful when it happened!

• lobouchard2258
  • Canada, Female, 31-40
11th Aug 2017

Excellent staff and service! We arrived early, before the check in, and were able to drop our luggage in the storage and our food in the kitchen. We were also told we could hang out in the comfy lobby area and have free coffee. Our night in the 14 beds dorm was pretty quiet for so many people, since I had a bed in the far away corner and everyone gets just enough space to move without disturbing those sleeping. Made our last day and night in Iceland easy and pleasant!

• South Africa, Female, 25-30
10th Aug 2017
5.4

They did not update their system to show that we had cancelled a night and subsequently charged us for that night. If we hadn't checked the booking we would have lost out on a considerable amount of money. The room we stayed in was a bit dingy and the bathrooms were wet and overall it looked like the bathrooms had not been cleaned during our stay. The staff were not good at welcoming us to the city.

• Canada, Female, 18-24
8th Aug 2017

I love this hostel! The staff are so nice and helpful. They let me store my bag there for free while I travelled around different places. It's a short walk from downtown! The only negative remark I have is that they didn't have an oven, so I had to heat up my pizza in the microwave, but all in all I had a wonderful stay.

4th Aug 2017

The best thing about Hlemmur square is its location. The bus stop for airport transfers and tour pick ups is literally right outside the lobby door. There were a lot of people in our room but the atmosphere was respectful and over all, not nearly as loud as I thought over a dozen people would be. It's expensive but considering that it's Iceland, the price is not unreasonable for the services provided.

• USA, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017

The restrooms and bathrooms were clean and the sleeping quarters provided enough space to store my things. There are curtains in the room so you don't have to worry about the long summer sunlight shining in through the window while you try to sleep. The staff were friendly and answered any question I had. It is right across the street from a convenience store so it was easy and quick to grab a little something to eat. Up the street is downtown Reykjavik where you find all the neat little shops.

• Mexico, Female, 25-30
3rd Aug 2017

Awesome hostal ! Please clean the toilettes more often😀😀

2nd Aug 2017

Hlemmur Square is my favorite hostel ever. I love the layout, the beds are super comfortable, and the people are friendly and helpful. It's also in one of the most recognizable, easy to access locations in Reykjavik.

• Canada, Mixed Group, 18-24