Hlemmur Square Reviews

Laugavegur 105, Reykjavik, Iceland

The building looks newly renovated and is very clean. The staff were excellent and very eager to help. No more than a 5 minute walk to the centre of Reykjavik. Only downside is that locks aren't provided for the lockers in the room also the doors could use a good bit of oil as they squeak like hell!

Great hostel, location, and staff!

There was issues with the ladies bathrooms plumbing and they weren't the cleanest but the rooms were clean and comfortable and the staff on the front desk were great.

fantastic little spot on the edge of the main strip. Easy access and walking distance from most things ( including a local thermal pool and a grocery store). Would stay agian

Great Hostl!

Enjoyed my stay at Hlemmur Square. I had just 2 days and the staff were very helpful with helping me book tours especially when a driver failed to turn up, the friendly staff member called up the tour operators for me and made sure I wasn't missed. Nice modern facilities - only have 2 negative comments.. Kitchen was a bit average, microwave didn't work and I thought it was very cheeky / a bit of a rip off being asked to pay 1200kr for breakfast. This should be free.

This hostel was great, the staff helped me with everything I needed, booking busses, trips, and finding hot springs. They were great. The cleanliness was superb, and the beds had plush down blankets, and soft pillows. The rooms had lots of space. There is bar right downstairs that makes it easy to meet people to gallivant the town, and go on adventures elsewhere with. Great spot with a brilliant location. The views from the fourth floor area great, with the ocean and mountains.

Great place overall. Only drawback is that the hostel doubles as a (seemingly higher-end) hotel and the mix between travellers and business people meant the atmosphere (also reflected by the bar prices!) made it hard to meet other people.

This is a wonderful hostel. Huge rooms, very clean and modern. As with all things in Iceland, it does not come cheap.

This was a very nice stay. The price wasn’t too high and the place was very clean and professional. It was a very good location in Reykjavík and the staff was incredibly helpful and nice.

• 6th Jul 2014
  • Sweden

Great place to stay. I was only hoping it would be cleaner, specifically the showers and toilets. The beat part about the place was the downstairs bar and the whole atmosphere.

• 5th Jul 2014

Great hostel. The people working there are amazingly friendly and helpful if you ask, the bar being there was a great atmosphere and the cleanliness was great to excellent. Value was great, the location was a little off to the strip but being in Iceland you can walk to the main street within minutes, bus anywhere you want to easily. Security you had a locked room if you're early, and then a locker to fit everything in so bring you're own lock! Highly recommend this place, great bang for your buk

• 3rd Jul 2014

Two things: First- space in the shower would be nice. I rarely see space to place a towel or hygiene pack anywhere in hostel showers. Secondly- privacy could easily be attained (and unbelievably sought) if you could attach privacy curtains on the bottom bunks. I stayed at a hostel in London that had them and I would stay there again simply for them.

Very nice hostel, comfy beds, plentiful showers and toilets. It is not very centrally located in Reykjavik compared to other hostels but its a nice walk to the center and all the tours and shuttles offer dropoff at your hotel.

Hlemmur Square is possibly the cleanest hostel I have ever encountered. The beds are super comfortable, and the hostel floors have multiple showers, and common room, and kitchen. The lobby has a nice lounge area (bar too!), and it's located up the main shopping street of Reykjavik. We met the owner during our stay, who was very friendly and always greeted us warmly. If I return to Iceland, I will definitely be staying there again.

The hostel is big but well maintained. The rooms and bathrooms are clean. No need for own sleeping bags as there are comfy pillows and blankets is beds. The location is very good. The staff was okay, and willing to help us with our enquiries about activities. The negative side of a big hostel is, it lacks atmosphere.

This is a good place to stay, and as far as Iceland goes, I guess the price is reasonable, though Scandinavia is way more expensive than the rest of Europe. Everything is very clean and the hostel is located on Reykjavik's main street with a bunch of bars and restaurants.

If you are traveling to or from Europe I highly recommend a stop over in Iceland! We stayed for one night and it was very worthwhile. We visited the city, the blue lagoon and IcelandAir was remarkably nice. Transportation is also extremely convenient for this hostel!

All round very decent hostel - is close to the main stretch just not in the centre of it however right next to all the buses and short walk to the sea. Clean rooms and comfy beds. Nice bar. Maybe lacks social area but does have kitchens. Would stay again

Great hostel, came already for the second time and will come back!

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5