Hlemmur Square Reviews

Laugavegur 105, Reykjavik, Iceland

I was only here for one night and really jetlagged so I can't really comment on the atmosphere but the rest of the hostel was great! The staff were so kind and friendly, the rooms are so clean and your bed is made (with sheets on), there are large lockers, personal lights on beds, great common area, perfect location close to everything and the wifi works everywhere! Only downside is that no one really washes the dishes or puts them away in the kitchen. Other than that, great hostel!

Hlemmur is located at the end of the main street running through downtown Reykjavik. It is within easy walking distance (10-15 minutes most) of most every thing you will want to visit, and the staff could not be more helpful. They provided me with great food recommendations, and the front desk attendant even poured me a beer after the bar had technically closed. It was great value for the money, and the facilities were clean enough. Bed was very comfortable.

• 17th Jan 2015

4nights stay, mixed 14 bedded dorm. . . met some lovely people from all over the world, staff very helpful, rooms ok, facilities ok,showers good, location great! id recommend staying here for sure :)

Great place in a really central location. It's right near the bus station and very close to the main downtown area. The staff were very nice and helpful. Breakfast was a little pricey but honestly for what was available it was a pretty good value. My only complaint would have to be the showers, there was no hook to put the head on so your stuck holding the shower head. Not really a big deal. I would definitely stay here again

• 16th Jan 2015

Very good!! Well located, organised, clean! They have bed lights, kitchen, which is great! Also a bar inside the hostel... There's a supermarket just in front

There was a problem with the bedding not being changed in the dorm when we arrived late at night so the staff put us in an en- twin and a twin in the hotel which was appreciated. The hostel was very noisy when guests were chatting in the hallway at 2am but not the hostel's fault. We returned after a trip for 2 further nights in a 4 bed dorm - this was quite expensive for a small room and the toilets were quite a distance and were actually closed on our floor the first night.

• 11th Jan 2015
  • Scotland

Lovely hostel in a great location. Staff are really friendly and helpful. The beds are some of the best I've ever slept on and the whole building was really clean and tidy. Fantastic atmosphere around the bar area as well. Hlemmur Square is really close to most things in Reykjavik so its a good place to stay.

Great location, very friendly people, good bar on the main floor.

• 10th Jan 2015

The place was very clean and they had nice storage space under each bed available. The staff was not overly friendly and there wernt many games, but Each floor had nice communal spaces with pool and a fooseball table so it has a nice mix of social/personal space depending on what you're looking for. The nice long happy hour with 6kr pints was appreciated and the bar played great music all night. The location is on the main strip but all the way at the end. Overall it was a good choice.

• 10th Jan 2015

The staff here is friendly and super helpful with all your questions. One of the absolute best hostel staffs I've ever stayed with.

I really enjoyed my time here, the staff were fantastic, very helpful and welcoming. The location was great and it was by far the best hostel I've stayed in and I would thoroughly recommend this hostel. Great value for money as well.

We had a fantastic stay here, mainly because of the staff who were always smiling and ready to help out and even gave us each a chocolate once (!!) The hostel bar itself is pretty swanky, not what you expect from a hostel! Would have been nice if there could have been a kitchen on our side of the corridor (we just had a room with tables and chairs), but it wasn't that big a deal. Only 10 minute walk from everything you need in Reykjavik and you can book tours that pick you up from the hostel.

Overall, we had a great time here. The only complaints are that the beds don't have curtains for privacy and the kitchens are separated. Otherwise, it is the best location right next to the main bus station and it has nice clean, comfortable beds. And there's a great lobby with a decent happy hour at the bar. Definitely reccomend staying here!

• 8th Jan 2015

Huge lobby! like a hotel! PERFECT! wifi works well in rooms too. NICE receptionists :)

As first impressions go this hostel looked more like a hotel upon arrival. The staff were nice

Trendy bar and lounge; comfortable beds; powerful, hot showers; great security, plenty of room; fantastic location right on the main street and walking distance from all Reykjavik’s highlights; reasonable prices, nice staff. If you are not on the same side of the floor as the toilets, you are in for annoying movements through two locked doors, and then back – midnight toilet runs are very complicated; expensive breakfast buffet; small kitchen with little storage and few pots and pans.

A friend and I stayed here for two nights on our extended layover in Iceland. Finding the place was fairly easy and it is in a convenient location to access downtown Reykjavik. Everything was clean for the most part. We had a good time at happy hour down at the bar and the bartender was very friendly and helpful. Overall atmosphere was very quiet and everyone was kind of looking to do their own thing.

Great location! However the old bedding wasn't changed for a few days after people had left the dorm, limiting the number of beds people could sleep on. Even my bedding could've stood to be changed after sleeping 6 nights on it. The staff was very accommodating and helpful.

I really enjoyed my stay here. I was in a 4 bed room and it was never full. Clean, sturdy beds, outlets in every one! The only problem was the bathrooms on my floor were mostly out of order. Only two worked. Otherwise, great facilities, clean, quiet (at least in my small room at the end of the hall), and friendly and helpful staff. It's more of a walk down the Main Street to most bars and restaurants, but not far at all. Great place to stay for cheap.

Very friendly and helpful. A great all around spot all things considered.

« first « Prev 1 2 3 4 5 6 7