Hlemmur Square Reviews

Laugavegur 105, Reykjavik, Iceland

The hostel is big and the downstairs areas are fab! It's located on the end of the high St so not far to walk to the many bars and restaurants in the centre of town. Staff are hit and miss. Some are great and others indifferent and just ignore you. The male cleaner kooks like he will kill you and is unapproable and unhappy. Avoid him. Scary chap. Place is clean, dorms are big, good and safe storage and comfy beds with reading lights. Overall good but Iceland expensive.

The receptionist from Guatamala is awesome!! Great kitchens, showers, useful for a short stay, cooking your dinner is easy. Food shop across the road too. Devitos pizza good easy budget option. Also, you are not direct in the city centre but I think the short walk to the harbour gave me a chance to orientate myself, and its very easy to find when you've been walking. Dead opposite the willy museum- very handy!!! :D

Staff were helpful dorms were clean. Central location great value for money . Will be staying again

• 7th Apr 2014

Overall had a great experience! Staff was great! Location was good. You r close to most attraction. Within walking distance. And not a big walk! Would return to this hostel!

Very satisfied, excellent place to stay

For the final stop of my tour, I considered a hotel. I didn't, but a hostel experience within a hotel was just as good. Out of season it was quiet, two of us in a big dorm, the kitchen was always available (though plenty of selfish people couldn't be bothered to wash up), the place was cosy and wifi excellent. Staff were great, sorting out tours with no fuss, and I couldn't have been happier.

Stayin here was perfect! Bang in the middle of central, staff were EXTREMELY helpful and polite, people who stayed were friendly. Free blankets an wifi. Would definitely stay again

• 26th Mar 2014

Really liked this place! Clean, safe, nice staff. Not many people but nor in the town. Rooms are huge and showers work really well.

This hostel is right by the bus stop, making it an easy pick up spot for any tour you go on. It's also a hotel, and the rest of the building is to similar standards. Our private room had it's own shower!!!! Staff was very helpful, there's a bar on the first floor, and the main shopping street isn't far away. We only stayed 2 nights, but I would have stayed here our entire trip!!!!

• 11th Mar 2014

Really comfortable. Huge rooms, good lockers, nice lobby area but the bar is a little quiet.

Staff were very friendly and gave us good suggestions on the places to visit and tours. Very spacious common area and bar within the hostel. Liked the common kitchen with fridge, toaster etc. It would be better if the toilets were cleaned more frequently as they were not cleaned over the weekend, cleaned on Monday though.

Very nice and beautiful hostel!

I was very impressed by this hostel and I would recommend it to anyone. When I got dropped off from the airport I was confused if I was in the right place because it looked like a really nice hotel. All of the staff members were extremely friendly and helpful. The rooms, bathrooms, and kitchen area were all kept nice and clean. Plenty of plugs and good working wifi. The location was perfect (within walking distance of most attractions). Great experience overall , especially for the price!

Reception was so great at helping sort out and book trips! Everyone was friendly and the was all the amenities needed for the backpacker.

The staff was extremely kind, the location was great (on the main street) and the place was cleaner and nicer than some hotels I've been to! All the other quests were very nice too and I feel like I made new friends there. The beds were not squiky either as they promised on their website. ;D I'd go there again!

• 11th Feb 2014
  • Finland

Great hostel, very artistic design. Although it can seem a little bit industrial, it is still a great place. The kitchen was well stocked and easy to use, the rooms were big and spacious and the beds were very comfy plus the showers were amazing! I usually like a hostel more if their showers are good, but these ones were AMAZING! Plus the lounge areas were very accommodating. The fellow bearded man on reception was very helpful and even upgraded our group to a smaller room so it was just us.

everything was great, helpfull staff and good location (and close to supermarkets!). also a very nice view of the mountains from the room we stayed :)

• 10th Feb 2014

Staff was very friendly and helpful but my cardigan got stolen from my bed by someone who cleaned our room and the staff at the reception didn't seem to do anything about this, so keep everything in the lockers and you should be fine. Apart from this, it was one of the best hostels I've stayed in.

• 10th Feb 2014

I had a great stay at Hlemmur Square - it felt more like a hipster hotel than a hostel, but still really chilled out. The dorms are spacious and airy, and there are kitchens and lounge areas (with super comfy sofas) on every floor. Great staff too!

This is very good location hostel, in front hostel have 101 market ,location bus station, walk to central just 10 min, the staff is very friendly and helpful, good choose when you long stay in the hostel is very comfortably.

« first « Prev 1 2 3