Hluhluwe Backpackers Reviews

Hluhluwe Kwazulu-Natal, P.O. Box 659, Hluhluwe, South Africa

No Rating

They didn't know that we are coming even though we had booked it here with hostel world. They were unfriendly and wanted 180R instead of 120R like it was confirmed. There is no real shower and only dirty pots to cook. Last time I was there there were no lights and no electricity to cook. To be serious it is stupid to go there. Only good thing is that it is really close to the park entrance.

• 10th Sep 2013

Very nice hostel and very close to the park. Clean and i enjoeyd to stay here! Bit of back top the roots feeling!! recommended

a nice place to stay if you're going to the park. there are no other htings to see or do close to the hostel. Dave made us dinner and went with us to a rugby-game. we didn't see much of the room due to an overbooking problem with hostelwworld but we got the house (read floor) of dave to sleep on

On our way to Hluhluwe we were informed by friends staying at the same establishment we were not booked in. I phoned Dave, and he told me they were full and Hostel World had NOT informed him we were coming. I told him I had a booking reference and confirmation and he said he was sorry. I was then put in a caravan. Dave is lucky he has friendly, competent staff that made us feel welcome!

• 30th Apr 2012
  • South Africa

This was the start of our holiday and made the whole trip worth while!!! very freindly staff who where very very helpfull! would definately go back just for this place

It seems the owner had lost track of our booking, so we got there without any room available. He finally found us some space in a nice caravan.

The manager didn't have our reservations and we payed more than the price indicated on the mail. On 2 days, the first day, we didn't have water and the second day we didn't have electricity.