Hoa Binh Hotel Reviews

696 Hai Ba Trung Street, Cam Pho Ward, Hoi An, Vietnam

The 6 bed dorm was crammed and they don't have reading lights or power sockets for each bed which made things hard. The hostel is located close to the riverside area and a fifteen minute bike ride from the beach. The staff was very sweet and did their best to help. Breakfast in the morning was well done and pretty tasty.

There where ants in the room and in the beds, the air con didn't work in are room and wasn't sorted even after we informed them. The cleaners came in the room between 9.30 and 10 am not good if you've been out the night before. Don't book anything with them as the seem to charge an extra $2 on everywhere else would not go back or recommend

Staff went above and beyond the call of duty to ensure my welfare after i had a motorbike acident which was greatly appreciated!

• 6th Nov 2015

Great location but this was probably the dirtiest hotel/ hostel we have stayed in our whole 4 month trip. The bathroom was ensuite to our 6 bed dorm. The bathroom looked and smelt like it had never been cleaned. The shower curtain was black with mould. The bin was overflowing with used toilet paper. The smell therefore moved into the tiny bedroom. The shower isn't attached to the wall and you have to dirty shower head to wash. The whole bathroom just needs taken out and replaced.

Good location, good buffet breakfast and comfortable night sleep. Staff could be more attentive with guests

Good helpful staff, good breakfast and good location for the old town, market, nightlife, restraunts etc. A good 30/40 minute walk to the beach which I enjoyed as a love walking but if you prefer 5/10 mins on bike bargain a deal for cheap before getting on the bike though. I had my own room which was clean and tv and minibar were good touch and inexpensive. Would stay again!

The room is not big enough to let 6 ppls to stay. But the breakfast is supergood

Well worth the price for staying here. A nice little (indoor) pool, an amazing breakfast buffet including everything you need and a good number of staff people who were always at your service. The dorm beds could've been cleaner though. Some dodgy looking spots on pillows and sheets (strange since they cleaned the rooms every day). Over all though a really pleasant hotel/hostel close to all the town's main attractions.

We stayed as a couple in a private room, which was great. The bed was huge, minibar fully stocked (with cheap prices), tv, powerful AC and bathtub (not the typical showers found in SE Asia). The only setbacks with our stay was the constant and very loud construction noise in the early morning and throughout the afternoon. Otherwise, we highly recommend the private rooms here - they are very nice!

This hostel is overall very 'meh'. The 6 bed dorm is way too small, it should be for four beds. When you sleep your head or feet a centimetres away from someone else. The staff is just kind of there. The girl at check in is friendly and helpful. Everyone else just kind of stares at you when you walk in. As others have said the pool is in a strange location, not a huge deal. The water is very cool at refreshing. The breakfast here is fantastic, the highlight of the place.

Breakfast was amazing, there are lockers in the rooms for small bags etc, the beds were big although some mattresses were very hard and others very soft so pick a good one! The pool was nice, although oddly placed. I found the staff to be helpful and polite and good at booking tickets. Maybe not as friendly as in dedicated hostels, but more like hotel staff. I was pleasantly surprised after reading the reviews. The atmosphere is dependant on who's in your room as there is no real social area.

first to say, the breakfast is great. But... - don"t do your laundry here, mine got even more dirty and was still wet. My towel still smelled like it hadn't been washed at all. - you don"t have your own socket or light in the rooms, and sockets don"t work at all. I had to charge everything in the restaurant. - they just try to sell their tours and don"t help you at all with the local busses. If you wanna see marble mountains I can really recommend you to take the lokal bus (20.000dong)

We paid about $1 extra each for a private and loved it. Comfy bed and a bathtub made for a very comfortable stay. However we had friends in a dorm here who had a much worse stay. Also the pool is next to the front desk which put us (and apparently everyone else) off using it.

Good enough hotel/hostel. room was very cramped as 6 beds were crammed into a small room. Once everybody was in the room there was very little space. Swimming pool is a good feature. Overall it's an average stay in average accommodation

Average. Private room was really good though, worth it if there's two of you. Seriously need a storage room to put your bags though, not safe to leave your bags in the hallway

The hostel has good location, however, the staff is unfriendly most of the time, rooms are dirty and linens too, despite the staff says "Room cleaning!!!" for the morning,the shower bath in dorms are broken. The breaksfast is Wow!!! So good!!! The hotel has not place to store luggage. You can rent a motorbike in front for 4 or 5 usd, and bycicle for 1 usd. Price is good but don't have large expectations.

The Dormrooms are the smallest I've ever seen. There is no way to dry your rope somewhere. They told me that I should dry it in the bathroom, but the bathroom was very humid. The male stuff was VERY unfriendly. In our bathroom the shower was broken. We went to the reception and told, what happened. They just let us know to take a shower in the shared bathroom. When I checked out I asked for a discount because of this and they told me that we didn't say anything before.

Hoa binh hostel is not as bad as from the review. For me as a backpacker, i think it is worth in term of value of money. The breakfast is buffet and the bed is also not really bad. Just the condition of the room is not very good. There is no any windows in the room and very dark. But i will recommend as it is worth. Thanks

there are no lockers

• 15th Aug 2015
  • Israel

I stayed here for two nights even though I saw some bad ratings for it because the better rated places were full. I actually enjoyed my time here, location is fantastic, has an indoor pool to cool off from the scorching heat, airco is decent. The dorm was quite small but was no problem for me. I liked the breakfast, like a small buffet and a woman who cooks nice scrambled eggs and pancakes for people just the way they like them. I do recommend this place

« first « Prev 1 2 3